Twitter: Cowboys working out Jared Veldeer

glimmerman

Reaction score
Remember that Cam Erving also went down, so even with Collins coming back there would be an opening.
Yeah this is gonna hurt the season. We need to hold it together for about 5 games and get them healthy and gel. Both of our lines will improve just from playing together. I expect to see improvement. Our DBs need to come up and take chances to shut down the quick passes. If I am Nolan I will have the LB cover some and let our supposed awesome pass rushing front 4 push.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah this is gonna hurt the season. We need to hold it together for about 5 games and get them healthy and gel. Both of our lines will improve just from playing together. I expect to see improvement. Our DBs need to come up and take chances to shut down the quick passes. If I am Nolan I will have the LB cover some and let our supposed awesome pass rushing front 4 push.
If Veldheer is still close to the player he used to be, he should be an upgrade, and a better option than Steele or Erving. But, who know if he is.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He's started every game he played in prior to last year with GB.
He's been injured a fair amount but looks like a heck of a 3rd OT.
There were at least 2 different GB articles calling for the Pack to resign him this year.

All in all glad they are at least kicking tires on OTs.
Have it be better there than week 1.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Veldheer is still close to the player he used to be, he should be an upgrade, and a better option than Steele or Erving. But, who know if he is.
Maybe in better shape than Collins. Lol. But won’t he have a 2 week COVID quarantine.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Remember we won’t have to play donald again this week. But I hope we play him again this year..

Praxit

Reaction score
Veldeer is a 10-year vet at 6-8 and 321-lbs. He's had experience at OT, OG and C.

Versatile swing guy. Hopefully, he's got something left. MM is familiar w/him at GB.
..dang, big dude. If he can just hold his man, he did his job.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
..dang, big dude. If he can just hold his man, he did his job.

I'm just hoping he's a bit better than what we've been holding at that spot for the past week or two. Not much to lose, I think.

cern

Reaction score
anything's better than what they put on the field sunday night. though it's possible steele improves rapidly getting the reps. it's happened before. and can't underestimate aaron donald's abilities to the youngsters demise.