Twitter: Cowboys working to Re-sign Lee

cowboyec

Reaction score
good.
hell...at this point I'll take anybody signing with us just for some good news.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not sure I understand "working" to sign. Lee should be running to them.
well to the jones boys, that IS work ! lol
Or the part where they get him to sign 10 year min salary deal with bonus of sleep by number bed commercials.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Would love for Lee to be a life-long Cowboy. That may happen whether he resigns or not but this should insure that it does.
Do you suppose the record books will give us, mate, credit for caring for the aged re Witten, Lee and Dez if Jerry goes crazier.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Ruh Roh!

What happens when Dez comes back and The Snake is still on the team?

Just kidding.

I assume that if they're talking it's just a matter of paperwork. Lee wasn't that great last year, but will probably be a help to get players aligned in a new system.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Was there any doubt this would be their first re-sign?

LOL. They might be dumb enough to think the fans won't be as upset when Cooper and Jones walk because, hey, we brought back fan fave Lee! Maybe Witten might be back in their plans too!

Doubt Witten wants to come back with Jarwin making more than him and the clear starter.

I also doubt that a Wittenesque role will continue to be that much a part of the offense. Most teams don't do a Witten. With Garrett gone, good chance we don't either. Wouldn't be surprised to see Schultz, the Wittenesque in Waiting, not make the final 53 either.

*Maybe* Olawale actually gets used as FB/HBack/TE hybrid.

I'm interested in seeing how we change the offense. The TE/FB/HBack role is where I expect some changes.

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Luke Gifford might possibly blossom and become a factor this year. He broke his arm last year, as I recall. He had been looking pretty doggone good until that happened. He's a very solid performer when healthy.

Last edited:

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Man this thread didnt age well regarding Cooper huh.. guess thats Cowboys fans for ya..

SSoup

Reaction score
Doubt Witten wants to come back with Jarwin making more than him and the clear starter.
This is actually an interesting test of what Witten is about. Will he leave because it's all about the money and his ego can't handle the team paying another TE? Will he leave because it's all about glorifying himself and he can't handle playing a role for a team who isn't showcasing him with a starting role?

If he wants to keep playing for us and contributing, he could accept league minimum to come back and be nothing but a goalline package sub who comes in with heavy formation packages to block or to try and pad his career TD total by scoring some easy play-action TDs down at the goalline. He can do his blocking, and lead by example in the gym and in the film room, and basically be a player-coach while he puts off figuring out a post-playing career.