News: Cowboys Workout QB Jacob Eason

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys started their week by bringing in seven players for a look—and among them was a former Carolina Panthers quarterback.

Jacob Eason worked out for “America’s Team” on Monday. The 25-year-old passer was released by the Panthers back on May 18.

Eason cracked into the pros as a fourth-round draft pick of the Indianapolis Colts in 2020. He appeared in his first NFL game in Week 2 of the 2021 campaign—when he completed two of his five passes for 25 yards and a pick against the Los Angeles Rams.

LINK: https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/05/cowboys-workout-former-panthers-qb-jacob-eason/

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys started their week by bringing in seven players for a look—and among them was a former Carolina Panthers quarterback.

Jacob Eason worked out for “America’s Team” on Monday. The 25-year-old passer was released by the Panthers back on May 18.

Eason cracked into the pros as a fourth-round draft pick of the Indianapolis Colts in 2020. He appeared in his first NFL game in Week 2 of the 2021 campaign—when he completed two of his five passes for 25 yards and a pick against the Los Angeles Rams.

LINK: https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/05/cowboys-workout-former-panthers-qb-jacob-eason/

Might be competition for Grier, ironically also from the Panthers

John813

Reaction score
I'd admit I thought he would be better than what we've seen. Not a legit to 15 starter but I thought he could of been a backup/spot starter at least.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Odd fact- Jacob Eason dad was Tony Eason and he also played QB. However, this Tony Eason wasn't the former Patriots QB.
Wow, I thought for sure that it would be Tony Eason from the Patriots. There was another one? Did he play in the NFL anywhere, or just college?