Twitter: Cowboys Workout WRs With Gallup Out

Flamma

Reaction score
Ha, I'll catch some heat for this, but I'd bring back Dez at veteran minimum just to see what he's got.

He's already motioned that he wants to retire a Cowboy.

I like Dez, just not sure he'll even be what he was when he was cut. But if he is, then by all means. People tend to forget even though Dez was shut down a lot, it was mainly by the defenses top cover guy. He would often abuse anyone else covering him. And he wouldn't draw the best DB in this Cowboys team. Just not sure he's in any shape to play in the short term.

LittleD

Reaction score
When I say bring in, I am thinking towards league minimum. With the knowledge it isnt his team anymore. We have good route runners now so him running the go routes making contested catches would basically be it. If anything left in the tank. He would have to know he isnt the star anymore. i would hope a couple of years without work would humble him.

Good luck with that strategy. Dez ain't playing for no minimum, dude!

movaughn88

Reaction score
The Cowboys almost always carry at least 2 WRs on the practice squad.

They need WRs on the PS specifically for practice purposes.

They only have 1 WR on the PS now that Wilson is on the 53.

This. They just want some bodies in practice, since our backups are stepping up a bit into minor playing roles, you need guys to run more practice reps to keep playing players fresh.

Also, you want guys mixing into the PS and very bottom of the position group /roster in the worst case there are more injuries then you aren't pulling guys right off their couches onto the game day roster.

DRella

Reaction score
Devin Smith for some reason reminds me off Miles Austin. If this kid can break out we are golden. Replacement for Cobb next season in the slot on a cheaper deal.

But something about how he walks, conducts himself, speed, hands, its a reincarnation of Miles Austin Im telling you guys.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I like Dez, just not sure he'll even be what he was when he was cut. But if he is, then by all means. People tend to forget even though Dez was shut down a lot, it was mainly by the defenses top cover guy. He would often abuse anyone else covering him. And he wouldn't draw the best DB in this Cowboys team. Just not sure he's in any shape to play in the short term.
I think he's a guy we could use in red zone situations. If you field him with Amari, you got an elusive speed guy who can burn you on routes, as well as a guy that can jump up and take the ball from you in Dez.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One thing I have noticed with this WR core there are no prima donnas, no one is clamoring for the ball. They like how Dak is spreading the ball around. Cooper as the #1 WR is not a overly vocal guy and not seeing any antics by others in the group. Keep it that way, do not need Dez and his antics, chemistry seems to be great with this group

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
What exactly is Gallup's injury and how long will he be out? dude is a baller

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, this will be a great test for Kellen Moore, can he be creative enough without Gallup, and who knows if Austin will be back over his concussion, as can't tell with them.
So can he get Pollard involved more lining up wide or in the slot. I seen where they lined up Zeke out wide last week.
Create mismatches with Smith and Wilson and Pollard out there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Devin Smith for some reason reminds me off Miles Austin. If this kid can break out we are golden. Replacement for Cobb next season in the slot on a cheaper deal.

But something about how he walks, conducts himself, speed, hands, its a reincarnation of Miles Austin Im telling you guys.

Cobb on 1 year deal, Smith has a 2 year deal, so very well could be. But the way Cobb is playing, I would welcome him back too.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
Dez wants real money. Dez has diminished skills. Dez can't run routes. Dez can't separate.
All good reasons to let Dez matriculate over to the WR graveyard.

But Dez can mess up the chemistry they have right now.

LittleD

Reaction score
Then I would bring him in and take a look and then say have a nice day.

This guy is a shadow of his younger self. Why would you want to bring this cancer into the locker? We still have 5 pretty good, younger
receivers who know and work well with Dak. Leave well enough alone is my take.