Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just pay the man already!!!!!!!

Cowboys WR fines at $1.5M and counting if he doesn't show for Rams game
K.D. Drummond
August 7, 2024

1725040129.jpg

The fines for training camp holdout CeeDee Lamb continue to stack up for now. The Dallas Cowboys’ top receiver has not reported to any of the club’s offseason activities, putting him in a much different category than the other star players in Dallas angling for new deals.

Lamb, and every NFL player, is subject to escalating fines per day of mandatory minicamp, and those totaled just over $101,000. Once training camp began, he is being fined $40,000 for each mandatory activity, which to this point is 10 practices, with Thursday’s scrimmage and Friday’s practice making it 12.

Game fine: $999,500
12 missed practices: $480,000
Minicamp fines: $101,716

Making his total fines as of Sunday’s game, $1,581,216.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...and-counting-if-he-doesnt-show-for-rams-game/

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Anyone know the rules on fine forgiveness these days? I know in the past players would rack up all these fines only to have them forgiven once they show up, but I heard that’s changed in recent years and it’s not as easy to just make these fines go away. Anyone know what the truth is?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone know the rules on fine forgiveness these days? I know in the past players would rack up all these fines only to have them forgiven once they show up, but I heard that’s changed in recent years and it’s not as easy to just make these fines go away. Anyone know what the truth is?
I don't think teams are allowed to forgive them. Anyways, when he signs his deal the money will look like crumbs to him lol

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They'll probably just be forgiven as a negotiating tactic. Basically just adding $1.5m to his number.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score

K.D. Drummond
August 7, 2024

1725040129.jpg

The fines for training camp holdout CeeDee Lamb continue to stack up for now. The Dallas Cowboys’ top receiver has not reported to any of the club’s offseason activities, putting him in a much different category than the other star players in Dallas angling for new deals.

Lamb, and every NFL player, is subject to escalating fines per day of mandatory minicamp, and those totaled just over $101,000. Once training camp began, he is being fined $40,000 for each mandatory activity, which to this point is 10 practices, with Thursday’s scrimmage and Friday’s practice making it 12.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...and-counting-if-he-doesnt-show-for-rams-game/
It sounds like he's paying the cowboys :laugh:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They'll probably just be forgiven as a negotiating tactic. Basically just adding $1.5m to his number.
That's smart so there you go he beats Jefferson!! Lol he was going to get 34, with this fine we make it 35.5 lol

NotForLong

Reaction score

K.D. Drummond
August 7, 2024

1725040129.jpg

Nice. Go Lamb do you. Jerry will have to pay you extra to cover those fines.

I love this kid and His Mother. She raised him right

John813

Reaction score
Thug, team cancer and just a selfish player.
I feel bad for Jerry Jones trying to build a championship team but these young bullies are trying to disrupt a great season.

jk

The lack of updates is surprising. Felt like with Dez, Zeke, Martin and other training camp holdouts we got more updates.

CWR

Reaction score
Just sign him already. Geez this has gotten stale. He's the one guy you're definitely going to sign.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Risk vs Reward
as long as he gets close to what he wants the fines are nearly pocket change for him

kskboys

Reaction score
Good.

If Lamb is insisting on 35 mil as has been rumored, best case would be to let him sit out. Or trade him.

You cannot pay any single WR 7% of your salary cap. That sorta thing is what lead to the 3 consecutive 8-8 seasons. This game is about the trenches, pure and simple. If you're weak there, doesn't matter how many top WRs you have.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's on A 5th year option and I don't believe you can waive these fees nor would I think that the ownership would want to. thats their leverage..

I think he's the only player and don't get me wrong I don't keep up with all 32 teams but ones who are angling for a new deal including Prescott who showed up everyone has showed up at least reported they may not be practicing or going full go but even remembering just a few of them came to camp and eventually got their money maybe he needs to report the camp and even if he doesn't participate in every drill while he works his way in at least it gives some indication that he's going to be prepared to play eventually he'll get a new deal...

By the way,

it goes much deeper than this I don't think this guy is willing to eat $1 million a game when it comes to the regular season, so he's going to check in also there's rules you cannot become a full free agent unless you play at least a certain amount of games, I think it's 10 games but I haven't checked since the 17 game season comes in but he can't hold out all season and then become a free agent and by the way he knows he can also be franchise tag the man has no leverage except for this and I don't mind him holding out I really don't but when it gets closer to the season I expect him back practicing new deal or not and he's going to play this season...

I'm sure deal's going to get done but somebody's going to have to compromise a little and I think if he just comes in and reports has a nice actual one-on-one conversation with Jerry Jones maybe this gets speed up a little bit but I think the stubborn posturing between both sides has them at an impasse even though there is contracts being passed around but I find it unique that there's some guys out there now like hill and Brandon are you getting offered deals under 32,000,000... And I realize it's probably hills last deal but he just accepted her contract redo and he's only going to be making 30 million a year even though it's all guaranteed for the next three years I mean isn't that now lowering the market I realize that he is younger when talking about lamb and this is his first new big contract but we don't know what he's asking for what is he demanding 35 34.5 I mean if someone's going to have to come to the table a little and be willing to compromise a bit in my opinion he's got not much leverage at all except for this and now these fines are adding up I think something's going to get done soon but he is not holding out the whole season trust me he'll be here game one and Jerry knows it...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So it is $1.5 million fined so far for the first 2 weeks missed of training camp, plus missed mini-camp, plus for missing the upcoming 1st preseason game? So if CeeDee sits put all of preseason (3 games) and training camp days, his fine will be up to around $4.5 million before the regular season starts?