Cowboys WR fines at $1.5M and counting if he doesn't show for Rams game

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is why you start negotiations on time. Jerry should have known this before the draft and we could have traded him and replaced him with a deep WR class.
ahhh, its so easy. Im sure the 49ers would love to read you rbook on how to run a team. This way they wouldnt be where they are with Ayiuk right now.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Trade them, Lamb Dak Parsons all missing something, did that happen because they play for the Cowboy's or is it something they learned somewhere else. Whatever they won't bring home the trophy so trade them. Jerry will pass at some point, or just be incapable of speaking walking etc and some new people will show what they're capable of.

The Cowboys are a dead horse at the moment, hitting them with the old stick again won't resurrect them.

Chasing6

Reaction score
ahhh, its so easy. Im sure the 49ers would love to read you rbook on how to run a team. This way they wouldnt be where they are with Ayiuk right now.
They drafted a WR in the first round. Pay attention.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Thanks for finding one we talking about Trent brown? So all 32 teams only two players are holding out that truly haven't showed up and reported to camp I still say it's not a good look he's gonna get paid we all know he doesn't even need to go practice right away just show up for good faith stop being fine come to some middle ground everyone blaming our front office is getting old bro seriously you don't think that the agent and the player have nothing to do with the hold up like their demands are above what the Cowboys can do right now literally wanting to set the market literally have said it out loud to be the highest paid player outside of the highest paid quarterback that in itself is why people think it's selfish literally you watch a guy like hill who is pretty damn good still he was just voted the number one player in the entire NFL and it's making 30 million over the next three years and I realize they're in different places in their career but 90 million guaranteed over three years if lamb is asking for 35 or even 34.5 you're trying to tell me a fan can't see this it's selfish? Tell Brandon iuke is saying he take like 32 but they're only offering him 30 there's a market trend now at receiver that after Justin Jefferson seemed to be going down not up... I don't hold it against the guy for holding out trying to make a point he's posturing and I get it but now I think it's time to try to move forward because you're gonna have to play $17 million he's under contract to play this year $1 million a game it's hard for me to sit here and have any empathy for the man when I know he's gonna get paid because of Jerry Jones family have overpaid or paid every superstar player that's deserved a contract and some that havent..

The fact is there's a problem with the asking price and that's the agent and the player I'm betting Jerry would give him 30 right now so if he's asking for 34 why not bring to the table 32 just try to work something out here and I don't blame the guy again for holding out but I think right now he's at a point where now he's getting fines that are way too steep the fact that he has to show up and play this year anyway or he's gonna lose his free agency status and he's gonna also lose $1,000,000 a game that all points to the fact that he's gonna show up soon so I'm not that worried about it...
Trent Williams. He’s miffed the Niners didn’t increase his pay for this season and is likely going to retire, as opposed to playing one more season, and then retiring. The 49ers are a team faced with dealing with not being able to pay everyone because of the salary cap. That does not excuse the Cowboys for not paying anyone. How they got themselves hamstrung with Dak’s $40 million AAV deal is just poor management.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trent Williams. He’s miffed the Niners didn’t increase his pay for this season and is likely going to retire, as opposed to playing one more season, and then retiring. The 49ers are a team faced with dealing with not being able to pay everyone because of the salary cap. That does not excuse the Cowboys for not paying anyone. How they got themselves hamstrung with Dak’s $40 million AAV deal is just poor management.
It was never Dak's contract that was the problem. It was restructuring it and kicking it down the road.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He should! There's no reason that these guys should be able to ignore their signed contracts. If this were anything else, his butt would be handed to him in the court of law.
GM Jethro has no idea what he is doing.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It was never Dak's contract that was the problem. It was restructuring it and kicking it down the road.
Yes, and the Gallup deal, and the Elliott deal (not the current one), the Martin deal. Moving (“kicking”) it down the road is cap management. Some do it better than others. The Cowboys’ best wide receiver has yet to show up for training camp because he wants what he believes is an appropriate deal. Thus far it isn’t forthcoming.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just pay the man already!!!!!!!

Cowboys WR fines at $1.5M and counting if he doesn't show for Rams game
K.D. Drummond
August 7, 2024

1725040129.jpg

The fines for training camp holdout CeeDee Lamb continue to stack up for now. The Dallas Cowboys’ top receiver has not reported to any of the club’s offseason activities, putting him in a much different category than the other star players in Dallas angling for new deals.

Lamb, and every NFL player, is subject to escalating fines per day of mandatory minicamp, and those totaled just over $101,000. Once training camp began, he is being fined $40,000 for each mandatory activity, which to this point is 10 practices, with Thursday’s scrimmage and Friday’s practice making it 12.

Game fine: $999,500
12 missed practices: $480,000
Minicamp fines: $101,716

Making his total fines as of Sunday’s game, $1,581,216.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...and-counting-if-he-doesnt-show-for-rams-game/
Fines are a joke, easily assessed and easily forgiven.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes, and the Gallup deal, and the Elliott deal (not the current one), the Martin deal. Moving (“kicking”) it down the road is cap management. Some do it better than others. The Cowboys’ best wide receiver has yet to show up for training camp because he wants what he believes is an appropriate deal. Thus far it isn’t forthcoming.
Any player wanting to break the bank breaks the team.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
money ruins everything.

so...the question becomes...how much would a monthly premium be for Lamb on a 75M injury insurance policy?

that isnt even fair because other top WR's are getting 110M guaranteed.

i assume the cost of an injury insurance premium for 75M coverage for 6 months would be double or triple these fines? more?

i dont know...if Lamb is making roughly 18M this year on the tag....I assume he would have to pay about that much to protect himself from injury.

so...Lamb would sacrifice by playing on a rookie deal, then have to forgo his one year large tag money(18M) to pay insurance premiums. its right back to the player having to work another year at below market price.

its depressing. guy deserves his payday.

AstroPilota

Reaction score
If the man gets paid $18M this year, he should still be able to live very, very comfortably for rest of his life if he doesn't play another down. Plus what he's been making up to this point. How can anybody feel sorry for these guys?

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the man gets paid $18M this year, he should still be able to live very, very comfortably for rest of his life if he doesn't play another down. Plus what he's been making up to this point. How can anybody feel sorry for these guys?
We are in rebuilding mode. Let Dak walk. Let CD sit, Tag and trade him next year. Now you have draft capital for a QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They drafted a WR in the first round. Pay attention.
damn... if only we drafted a 1st Rd WR, we could have just let Lamb walk..... lets see, hmmmm: You mean 1st rounders like Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Kadarius Toney, Rashad Batean, Drake Landon, Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, or Treylon Burks... all those 1st rd picks would solve any team's WR issues,right? I mean they are 1st rounders. So clearly, the guy the Niners drafted this year will easily replace Ayiuk? smh

Pay attention to how many 1st rd picks are BUSTS!!!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
money ruins everything.

so...the question becomes...how much would a monthly premium be for Lamb on a 75M injury insurance policy?

that isnt even fair because other top WR's are getting 110M guaranteed.

i assume the cost of an injury insurance premium for 75M coverage for 6 months would be double or triple these fines? more?

i dont know...if Lamb is making roughly 18M this year on the tag....I assume he would have to pay about that much to protect himself from injury.

so...Lamb would sacrifice by playing on a rookie deal, then have to forgo his one year large tag money(18M) to pay insurance premiums. its right back to the player having to work another year at below market price.

its depressing. guy deserves his payday.
he deserves nothing. He, like all players in the NFL have a CBA that his fellow union members voted on and accepted. It calls for the deal that Lamb is under. Its more than fair and its what the players wanted... which was rookies not getting huge contracts with never have played a down. THEY wanted it, they got it.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
he deserves nothing. He, like all players in the NFL have a CBA that his fellow union members voted on and accepted. It calls for the deal that Lamb is under. Its more than fair and its what the players wanted... which was rookies not getting huge contracts with never have played a down. THEY wanted it, they got it.
I agree.

Jamarcus Russell was the straw that broke the camels back.

Im not for anyone getting taken advantage of. I have no problem with a player wanting an extension before risking serious injury. NFL is physically taxing and serious injury is always lurking. Dont try to wear me down with "their salaries are enormous compared to the everyday joe"...thats lazy and unfair...Lamb has proven to be one of the top WR's in the game. He's played enough years at below market price while producing to secure a bag before an injury.

I dont see how anyone can look at a situation where someone could lose 100M because they were injured and they signed the contract.

Fix the compensation system then to protect players from losing out because of injury.

No one should ever be faced with losing out on 100M and go to flipping burger money over some stupid contract. Be reasonable.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I agree.

Jamarcus Russell was the straw that broke the camels back.

Im not for anyone getting taken advantage of. I have no problem with a player wanting an extension before risking serious injury. NFL is physically taxing and serious injury is always lurking. Dont try to wear me down with "their salaries are enormous compared to the everyday joe"...thats lazy and unfair...Lamb has proven to be one of the top WR's in the game. He's played enough years at below market price while producing to secure a bag before an injury.

I dont see how anyone can look at a situation where someone could lose 100M because they were injured and they signed the contract.

Fix the compensation system then to protect players from losing out because of injury.

No one should ever be faced with losing out on 100M and go to flipping burger money over some stupid contract. Be reasonable.
You will NEVER hear me compare athletes with avg joe... its foolish.

IM addressing the three bolded areas:
1)He has never played below market price. He was a 1st rd draft pick and he was paid EXACTLY what the CBA calls for. Market value is in the CBA, not what other NFL signed players are making.

2)Fix the system? Hmmm.... that system is what the PLAYERS AGREED to. It isnt up to the owners to fix that system. Its called a contract. if the UNION/PLAYERS arent happy with that system, it is up to them to bargain with owners to get it changed. As of today, it is EXACTLY what they players bargained for and AGREED TO.

3)Stupid contract? IM not even sure how to respond to that part. Stupid contract? Contracts are agreements between two parties. It would be great to get through game 4 and if Tank is stinking, the team say we arent paying you the based upon the 10 million you are do this year. We are cutting that amount in half because you stink. You are NOT playing like a top DE and market value for a very avg DE is only 5 million, so thats the way it will be Tank.

But teams dont, and wont do that, because teams honor the contracts they sign.... players do not.

Bates

Reaction score

Didn’t give this much thought, but I don’t think the employer is responsible for insuring a player is injury free to sign their next contract. So, Lamb stays healthy and at the end of his contract he decides he’s going to play for the jets all the while the cowboys paid to insure him. lamb can get his own insurance.