Cowboys young Oline looked pretty good vs Cardinals

Brax

Reaction score
No, your analysis sucks because it's very obvious you don't do any in-depth research before you post and sound ridiculous.

From PFF ( Cowboys vs Cardinals ):

STORY OF THE GAME
As the saying goes, “you don’t know what you have until it's gone.” Many believed Andy Dalton would come in for the injured Prescott and at the very least look like a competent backup. Well, in his first contest as the starter, he struggled to meet those standards. He completed 63% of his passes for 266 yards at just 4.9 yards per attempt. He threw two interceptions and couldn't maintain offensive drives.

The interior of the offensive line did their part even with Zack Martin leaving due to a concussion early in the first half, allowing a combined two pressures and creating running lanes for their backs to hit. Their tackles were a different story, as undrafted rookie right tackle Terence Steele and second-year undrafted left tackle Brandon Knight allowed four pressures while being beaten by their defenders on many more occasions.

Elliott did not help matters, carrying the rock 12 times for 49 yards, zero touchdowns and one fumble. He also reeled in eight receptions but only gained 31 yards while fumbling the ball once more.

ROOKIE WATCH
Dallas had two rookies starting on their offensive line. Fourth-round center Tyler Biadasz fared much better than Steele, allowing zero pressures up the middle, though he was called on one holding penalty.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-6-pff-refocused-arizona-cardinals-38-dallas-cowboys-10
here's the real story not PFF fantasy;
Every aspect of the club’s performance should be put under a microscope, dissected and then rejected
Offensive Line: F
The game started off with the tackles absolutely getting destroyed, and it didn’t really get much better from there. To make matters worse, Zack Martin hurt his shoulder, came back and got a concussion, being ruled out for the game.
The majority of the contest was played with a line of Brandon Knight, Connor Williams, Tyler Biadasz, Connor McGovern (first action of career) and Terence Steele.
The Cowboys averaged 3.5 yards a carry and allowed 3 sacks.
here's the rest of putrid evaluations if you care to read.
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/dallas-cowboys-vs-arizona-cardinals-week-6-game-grades-recap/

kid1150

Reaction score
and zeke had 2 fumbles that killed drives, gallup dropped a td, and the refs stole a possesion

I think they will put up points sunday

Gallup was wide open by NFL standards. The pass should've hit him in the chest.
I jest. Unfortunately, Cowboys QBs are held to irrationally high levels.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right in cue. Papsmear to the rescue!
like-my-pappy-use-to-say-just-fake-it.jpg

JayFord

Reaction score
Dalton need to adjust his pre snap blocking and Tyler at center is going to have to learn quickly to call put protections like Fred used to

the blocking for 5 backups was actually ok....nothing stand out or amazing but all the hits Dalton took were because he didnt adjust protection or stood like a statue in the pocket

AbeBeta

Reaction score
...especially our interior 3 Olinemen (McGovern, Biadasz and Williams) playing next to each other.

Watch...

With Left Tackle Brandon Knight out for a few weeks with injury, plus Right Guard Zack Martin missing this upcoming game due to concussion, who will be playing Left Tackle?

Once Zack Martin returns, will he go back to his Right Guard position, or will he move out to Left Tackle, thus leaving Connor McGovern at Right Guard? I would feel better having Zack Martin playing Left Tackle and better protecting QB Andy Dalton's blind side.

The lineup would look like this...

From left to right:

Martin - Williams - Biadasz - McGovern - Steele

What do you think about this lineup after the upcoming "Football Team" game once Zack Martin comes back?

Thoughts on everything I posted?

Steele was already benched in favor of Knight. I don't see any option aside from Zack at LT. McGovern was solid at G

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guess I don’t remember that....I just remember thinking and saying how incredibly fast the pocket collapsed

The pocket has been collapsing like that all season long. The difference has been that Dak has been willing to stand his ground and take the punishment while keeping his eyes downfield, resulting in the amazing passing numbers. Dalton on the other hand was too quick to pull his eyes down and either dump it off or throw it away. Some of that obviously was rust and lack of game speed reps. Here's hoping every week of game action gets him better acclimated to what that looks like and we can averaged more than 5 yards per pass play!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Gallup was wide open by NFL standards. The pass should've hit him in the chest.
I jest. Unfortunately, Cowboys QBs are held to irrationally high levels.

Gallup himself would tell you that was on him. He looked like he stumbled just as he tried to gather for his leap and that was enough to cause him to lose his rhythm as he was actually on his way down as the ball got to him. It happens..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
here's the real story not PFF fantasy;
Every aspect of the club’s performance should be put under a microscope, dissected and then rejected
Offensive Line: F
The game started off with the tackles absolutely getting destroyed, and it didn’t really get much better from there. To make matters worse, Zack Martin hurt his shoulder, came back and got a concussion, being ruled out for the game.
The majority of the contest was played with a line of Brandon Knight, Connor Williams, Tyler Biadasz, Connor McGovern (first action of career) and Terence Steele.
The Cowboys averaged 3.5 yards a carry and allowed 3 sacks.
here's the rest of putrid evaluations if you care to read.
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/dallas-cowboys-vs-arizona-cardinals-week-6-game-grades-recap/
The Oline only allowed 3 sacks? That's great actually!

Have you seen how often Dak was sacked during games in recent years while having better Oline talent blocking for him?

Kaiser

Reaction score
You're right, DS. Erving doesn't make me feel so good.

I like the OP and I think the short term fix is rolling Erving out at LT and saving four billion Hail Marys. McGovern is a reasonable backup at RG but he looked bad in pass pro, though he should improve with reps since this was his first ever NFL snaps.

The biggest thing with an OL (by far) is playing together enough to build up some cohesion. I don't think we have played the same five players for an entire game yet, which is a disaster no matter who the players are.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The pocket has been collapsing like that all season long. The difference has been that Dak has been willing to stand his ground and take the punishment while keeping his eyes downfield, resulting in the amazing passing numbers. Dalton on the other hand was too quick to pull his eyes down and either dump it off or throw it away. Some of that obviously was rust and lack of game speed reps. Here's hoping every week of game action gets him better acclimated to what that looks like and we can averaged more than 5 yards per pass play!!!

Plus Zeke does a lot better job of picking up rushers than fans give him credit for. I know I'm not allowed to say anything positive about Zeke this week but that is a greatly underappreciated part of RB play.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What?
Dalton was running for his life most the game.
Thats the game plan against Dalton, any pressure at all on him and he is too rattled to recover throw in the fact he is not known for mobility, his strength is zipping out catch rock and fire passes to the perimeter and I didn't see Moore taking advantage of that strength knowing our line is suspect, Andy is very decent QB but with the atrocious o-line like we have been putting on the field ANdy may not win a game, his only hope is that we get healthy or Moore comes up with plays to enhance one of his strengths. Gonna be a long season my friends..

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Have you seen how often Dak was sacked during games in recent years while having better Oline talent blocking for him?
4 sacks is horrible! we average 2.3 per game which isn't that great in the first place

Brax

Reaction score

It isn't about Dak why do you want to make it about him, what maybe the team scores 3 to 7 more points it is still a big L, the OL stunk flat out stunk along with every phase of football. Get the Dak thing out of your brain, the guy isn't playing again this year. As for Dak sacks he has taken boat fulls of sacks at times and looked like a deer in the head lights and has played behind a elite line and looked good too, who gives a rats a**. The only point is the OL was bad, you say great nothing more to needs to be said.