Cowboyszone Pick'em League

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
This weeks Monday Night game outcome still hasn't been updated in the rankings.

Colts over Rams.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
That means he picked right. :)
u know it, LTN.

Looks like u and I have become bosom buddies on the rankings the past few weeks. We've been neck and neck.
Nice pickin'. Keep it up. We're closing in on Reality.

k19

Reaction score
What been going on with that thing? 2 weeks in a row I came back to find half my picks blank. Oh well I was 12-2 last week :D

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i just looked and it is updated. i was wondering about it myself...i needed
that point from indy !!!

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
k19 said:
What been going on with that thing? 2 weeks in a row I came back to find half my picks blank. Oh well I was 12-2 last week :D
Maybe you're accidentally forgetting to click "submit picks".
Maybe you're making some of your picks and then clicking "back", instead.

Just a thought.

I haven't had any problems yet.

VirusX

Reaction score
VirusX
CowboysZone.com

Im ranked 122. Overall User Rankings. I got into it a little late ;)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
don't forget the re-scheduling of that Friday game means making one early pick...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I expect a poor placing this week. I've been too lucky the last two weeks. I think I didn't blow more than 5 games choices for the 2 weeks. Plus, this week has some tough games to pick. There are a lot of even teams playing each other, and I'm still waiting on injury updates such as Garcia in Detroit which I think eventually makes them a much better team compared to when Harrington is in there.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I expect a poor placing this week. I've been too lucky the last two weeks. I think I didn't blow more than 5 games choices for the 2 weeks. Plus, this week has some tough games to pick. There are a lot of even teams playing each other, and I'm still waiting on injury updates such as Garcia in Detroit which I think eventually makes them a much better team compared to when Harrington is in there.
Yeah, a lot of tough ones..this week will separate the contenders from the pretenders. And I have a sinking feeling I'll be in the latter category after this week, and claiming "ahh, it's just a crap shoot anyway" for the rest of the season.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
This is ridiculous.

Did Reality even miss one this week?

He and panchucko need to go to Vegas.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I went 8-5. Knew I was going to take a beating somewhere. The game that pissed me off was the Detroit game because I would have picked the Lions if I had known Garcia was starting. Gametime decisions blow. :mad:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I went 7 and 6.

I was right about Philly, NYGiants and Dallas until basiclly the last minute of each.

:banghead:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
This is ridiculous.

Did Reality even miss one this week?

He and panchucko need to go to Vegas.

I missed two so far ;) The Cowboys and Eagles.

Honestly, the games this week were rather easy to pick. I'll go through my line of thinking that I had prior to each game being played.

Kansas City vs Miami

I normally pick KC to win every home game (awesome stadium/fan environment) but I picked them on the road at Miami because Miami is still a young team with a new coach and to me KC is one of the top 5 teams in the NFL right now I don't care what they record says.

Detroit at Cleveland

I picked Detroit because Jeff Garcia was back. Without him, I'd have taken the Browns especially at home.

Green Bay at Minnesota

Green Bay rarely plays well at Minnesota and the Vikings needed a win very badly. I was actually surprised that it was as close as it turned out. I picked the Vikings to finally wake up and win.

Indianapolis at Houston

LOL .. okay, honestly .. did anyone miss this pick?

New Orleans at St. Louis

I don't care who they play, I never pick the Saints.

Pittsburg vs Cincinatti

Pittsburg needed a win badly to help in the fight for home field advantage. The Bengals are a good team but lack the confidence to win the big games. I picked the Steelers to win.

San Diego at Philadelphia

I actually picked the Chargers and they deserved to win the game. However, as I like to remind people, the game's not over until it's over.

San Francisco at Washington

Another one of those .. did ANYONE pick the 49ers to win this game with a rookie quarterback?

Dallas at Seattle

I picked Dallas because I always pick them. I honestly believe they can beat every team. Dallas has cost me 3 losses this year so far :(

Baltimore at Chicago

The Ravens don't play well on the road this year (at least not in the games I've watched) and the Bears only play well at home. I picked the Bears.

Buffalo vs Oakland

Oakland is in crisis mode .. they have to win or the season is over for them. If this had been in Buffalo, I would have taken the Bills. However, I went with the Raiders as my pick.

Denver at New York Giants

Denver is a great team at home and an average team on the road. Since the Giants lost a heartbreaker to the Cowboys last week, I fully expected the Giants to come out swinging. It didn't go as I scripted but I did pick the Giants to win at home. If this had been in Denver, I would have taken the Broncos. Eli can't win away from Giant stadium :)

Tennessee at Arizona

This was a toss-up. I strictly went with Arizona because they were at home.

New York Jets at Atlanta

With Vick back, the Atlanta defense, Testeverde at QB for the Jets and the game in Atlanta, I picked Atlanta.

This week's games weren't really that hard to pick compared to previous weeks. By this point of the season, teams not named the Dallas Cowboys start showing their true colors. Still, there are some games that are very hard to choose and for those, I have a simple solution .. always pick the home team :)

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, and just for the record and those concerned .. next week is my last week. I plan to pick next week's games and then quit playing.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Reality said:
Oh, and just for the record and those concerned .. next week is my last week. I plan to pick next week's games and then quit playing.
Just wondering why? if it's because whiners then don't I don't want to lose to someone because the better one's quit because there are players whining. I sucked it up this week the past few weeks I had done well but this week I blew chuncks but they where my picks. If I lose I want to lose to the best not some second teir guy who whines all the time.....

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
Just wondering why? if it's because whiners then don't I don't want to lose to someone because the better one's quit because there are players whining. I sucked it up this week the past few weeks I had done well but this week I blew chuncks but they where my picks. If I lose I want to lose to the best not some second teir guy who whines all the time.....

No, honestly it's the negative perception that would be on me should I win. I mean, as a regular user, if I was competing against the person who owns the site, even if I knew them and trusted them, I would always have doubt in the back of my mind.

I originally planned to only play the first week but kept playing because I went 10-6 that week and was behind several people in the rankings. I never expected to do this well and doubt I could live up to my ranking the rest of the year :)

The only way I will keep playing is if I do horrible with next week's picks.