CowboysZone Server Maintenance Completed

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe all of the maintenance on the CowboysZone servers has been completed.

CowboysZone should now be faster than ever!

#reality

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
So infractions will arrive at my inbox even faster than before? Not sure I approve of this.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole site should be VERY fast now :)

Even infractions ;)

#reality

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Wow, it was crawling this morning, and now it's smokin fast! Thanks for the upgrades! Time for me to go send some cash your way.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Great job, Reality. I was wondering what was wrong with my browser and was about to create a thread in the off-topic zone asking the techies here for help.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Didn't even notice. My internet connection has been dragging since Saturday.

I hate Comcast. :(

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;4144220 said:
Wow, it was crawling this morning, and now it's smokin fast! Thanks for the upgrades! Time for me to go send some cash your way.
I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I love this post. It really shows appreciation for something way too often overlooked about this site.

Some people hate our Guidelines, but this site is really the best out there. Reality has this site on the absolute best servers, best software, and safest stuff there is.

Nothing will ever get added here infests your computers.

Performance of this site is so important to him that he will miss sleep and put money making projects on hold to handle an issue here.

This site has never been hacked the way some have. It has never crashed the way some do. We have huge user loads during the games and it barely slows down at all, and that happens without having to turn off the users sig pics and avatars.

Spammers and their ilk are dealt with swiftly so that users here don't have to put up with it.

I for one find it refreshing that you appreciate the effort and hours that he put into this for everyone's enjoyment of the site.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Yep, looks like you're going through softlayer? Good choice.

Was wondering, Reality, do you utilize any opcode caching? Site is usually pretty snappy, even at peak times.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Reality;4144038 said:
I believe all of the maintenance on the CowboysZone servers has been completed.

CowboysZone should now be faster than ever!

#reality

What you really need is an application that allows you to slow the board WAY down, but only for the troublemakers... make it even more difficult, even annoying for them to post in here...

I thought that's what you were installing when the board was so slow for me... LOL...

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;4145032 said:
Yep, looks like you're going through softlayer? Good choice.

Was wondering, Reality, do you utilize any opcode caching? Site is usually pretty snappy, even at peak times.

I have everything covered :D

#reality

silverbear

Reaction score
Reality;4145067 said:
I have everything covered :D

#reality

I certainly hope so, I'm just not ready to handle naked Reality... don't know if I ever will be...

:D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear;4145043 said:
What you really need is an application that allows you to slow the board WAY down, but only for the troublemakers... make it even more difficult, even annoying for them to post in here...

I thought that's what you were installing when the board was so slow for me... LOL...

My style would be more along the lines of pushing the page down one pixel row every pageview while escaping the user's notice during the first phase. The second phase would be where the user notices something not right but would likely write off the blank space as a broken advertisement.

The third phase would be where the user starts to question what they are seeing only to fight an internal battle with themselves on whether or not to ask the forum about the empty space knowing that they risk being the focal point of warped humor from the deviant minds of fellow Cowboys' fans with way too much time on their hands.

Eventually they would post about it, I would quickly remove it leaving the poor user at the mercy of the other users as he (or she) becomes a running joke in the history of CowboysZone.

That or I replace all of the e's with o's and all of the a's with e's and all of the i's with u's on each page. :D :D

#reality

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
That's so subtle and so evil. I'll be sure to question everything out of the ordinary now. :p:

silverbear

Reaction score
Reality;4145083 said:
My style would be more along the lines of pushing the page down one pixel row every pageview while escaping the user's notice during the first phase. The second phase would be where the user notices something not right but would likely write off the blank space as a broken advertisement.

The third phase would be where the user starts to question what they are seeing only to fight an internal battle with themselves on whether or not to ask the forum about the empty space knowing that they risk being the focal point of warped humor from the deviant minds of fellow Cowboys' fans with way too much time on their hands.

Eventually they would post about it, I would quickly remove it leaving the poor user at the mercy of the other users as he (or she) becomes a running joke in the history of CowboysZone.

That or I replace all of the e's with o's and all of the a's with e's and all of the i's with u's on each page. :D :D

#reality

I never suspected you had such a sadistic streak...

I like it... it comforts me to know the board is in such devious, capable hands...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;4145090 said:
That's so subtle and so evil. I'll be sure to question everything out of the ordinary now. :p:

silverbear;4145124 said:
I never suspected you had such a sadistic streak...

I like it... it comforts me to know the board is in such devious, capable hands...
You guys have no idea what this guy thinks up.

#evilreality :cool: