Cowherd’s interesting take on Dalton

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daks mechanics are stiff and forced. Should be a lot more fluid after 4 years starting.

He looks so uncomfortable in the pocket heck I even feel sorry for him!:(
He will go down as one of the biggest frauds to have played the position!!!!
And some here want him to receive a multi-million dollar contract.....Amazing what personal experiences will do to one's mind and reality.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yessir, I think Cowherd makes some excellent points in this thread's video. I consider both of them very similar talents and aptitude to lead this team to new and better things. The roster that vet free agency and the draft just concluded should serve to testify to that end. It's a pretty healthy situation with either or both Dak and Andy Dalton at the helm. I think Dak would be well advised to take the deal he's been offered. (jmho)

Dre11

Reaction score
The whole post is Jerry being honest about Dak's Crappy Accuracy.

Then goes into Jerry speak about how mind blowing it is that Dak has any kind of Success in a game.

LoL...again, only a fool would get that from the that quote, Jerry is saying he's not a good practice player, but good in games when the lights come on.

Then followed up with this

"His accuracy has been the most pleasant surprise," Wilson said. "He would have some up-and-down throws in college. … He has been very consistent."

Dre11

Reaction score
Problem is people who criticize Dak, do it based on thier eyes. People who defend him do it with stats.

In todays Bubble Gum/ Bubble Wrap NFL completion percentage is over rated. Dink & Dunk Dak should have a high percentage rate, but that stat is in no way a factor in determining accuracy

Except, your eyes are crossed:laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm not talking about special teams or defense. I am talking his own performance and the offense.
his own performances at times were not good. How much of that was what he was asked to do? How much of it was him versus what Garrett was telling him to do? We don't know. We will find out soon enough if Dak is the real deal after a few games this year. Excuses will be all gone. THAT SAID, we really got no choice but to pay the man and cross that bridge if and when it happens...as far as making a change at QB goes.He did win us 13 games as a rookie. THAT DID HAPPEN.Despite the coaching.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm not talking about special teams or defense. I am talking his own performance and the offense.
keep in mind QB's are known to be very streaky. Dak is no different. Momentum matters too. How many times was Dak and the offense given a spark via a turnover or a short field? Not any. All it takes is some momentum from a turnover or from a great KO return to get the good mojo going. ALL the good teams get that. Even Mahommes. In the SB they needed a spark and got it finally from the defense and special teams and the entire game momentum changed. If that didn't happen I think San Fran would have won it. Its a team sport.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
keep in mind QB's are known to be very streaky. Dak is no different. Momentum matters too. How many times was Dak and the offense given a spark via a turnover or a short field? Not any. All it takes is some momentum from a turnover or from a great KO return to get the good mojo going. ALL the good teams get that. Even Mahommes. In the SB they needed a spark and got it finally from the defense and special teams and the entire game momentum changed. If that didn't happen I think San Fran would have won it. Its a team sport.

When you are surrounded by pro bowlers on the OL, backfield, and WR, there are no excuses to not score a TD over the course of an entire game. He's not a big game QB but he wants to be paid like one. Wentz kicked his butt in that final game against philly and he did it without turnovers and with half the talent. You can't blame the defense and special teams for that game. Unfortunately for cowboy fans, it was a similar story against all the good teams we played.

He's a very limited QB.

erod

Reaction score
Simple truth is, teams just don't fear Dak at all. In fact, they want the game in his hands. That's the recipe for beating Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Simple truth is, teams just don't fear Dak at all. In fact, they want the game in his hands. That's the recipe for beating Dallas.
to some degree,yes. But if we are hitting on all cylinders, that shouldn't be a big factor. I think we haven't seen the best of Dak. He has never had top notch coaching. Lets wait and see what he does with it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
to some degree,yes. But if we are hitting on all cylinders, that shouldn't be a big factor. I think we haven't seen the best of Dak. He has never had top notch coaching. Lets wait and see what he does with it.
BTW..the best coaching Dak has ever had was Dan Mullen at Miss state and that guy knew how to use him. He carried some bad teams on his back. If MM has a great plan for Dak and plays to his strengths, I think the sky is the limit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When you are surrounded by pro bowlers on the OL, backfield, and WR, there are no excuses to not score a TD over the course of an entire game. He's not a big game QB but he wants to be paid like one. Wentz kicked his butt in that final game against philly and he did it without turnovers and with half the talent. You can't blame the defense and special teams for that game. Unfortunately for cowboy fans, it was a similar story against all the good teams we played.

He's a very limited QB.
Dan Mullen was the best coach Dak has had. Lets just pause and wait for MM and what he can do with him before we deem Dak unworthy. Now if Dak screws the pooch badly by week 8 and things look bleak, I'm with you all the way. I am excited to see what top coaching can do for Dak.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Mullen was the best coach Dak has had. Lets just pause and wait for MM and what he can do with him before we deem Dak unworthy. Now if Dak screws the pooch badly by week 8 and things look bleak, I'm with you all the way. I am excited to see what top coaching can do for Dak.

I want to see Dak with MM too. Just not for some absurd contract that puts Dak into company he does not belong in salary wise. I hope he plays on the 31M tag. I just doubt he will. Here's why. If he only makes 31M next year, he played for 400k last year for no apparent reason. His agent is going to have some pretty sticky egg on his face. The entire reason Dak "bet on himself" and turned down a contract that paid him 30M prior to the 2019 season was so he could land a richer contract. If he doesn't land that contract, he out 29.4M and his agent looks like a boob.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
This was actually my first time seeing this clip. I like Dak as a person but even he looked slightly embarrassed and I kinda felt bad.

Dont, this was last year or before that , but look at the performance of Carr in the field and see that spot accuracy doesnt transfer to wins, of course I know Dak is a good QB but not elite , he has a few attributes which makes him so , but accuracy in tight windows is not one of them ( back shoulder fades , or to Rb in the flat etc. are not his forte)

Due to the offensive stats last year is why Dak and his agent has a bit of inflated opinion about their stock .