Video: Cowherd: Cowboys will be fine

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have no doubt the Cowboys will be fine as they get healthier.

My concern is our QB is back to needing everything to be perfect.

He’s back to needing everyone around him to elevate him.

He’s moving away from being Tampa Bay Dak and looking more like the Dak who is a slightly above average player that goes as the players around him go.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Has hell frozen over? Because Colin Cowherd is the voice of reason right now....

Nav22

Reaction score

He’s moving away from being Tampa Bay Dak and looking more like the Dak who is a slightly above average player that goes as the players around him go.
You say that as if he’s not capable of hitting receivers deep anymore.

He sucked yesterday, yes.

But no, he doesn’t need “everything to be perfect” to hit Gallup deep on our 1st drive or CeeDee over the top for the TD.

It’s a totally different game if Dak connects on those throws.

And the tiny sample size of misses don’t magically outweigh the much larger sample size of Dak playing great football this season.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Come on dude. Dak doesnt need everything to be perfect hes shown that this season already. We arent missing some guys. We were missing the biggest portion of our offense yesterday lol. Tyron and Cooper would be like Mahomes losing Kelce and Hill. And before you answer. If Mahomes was missing those guys yesterday that game is a lot different.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

But no, he doesn’t need “everything to be perfect” to hit Gallup deep on our 1st drive or CeeDee over the top for the TD.

And the tiny sample size of misses don’t magically outweigh the much larger sample size of Dak playing great football this season.

I’m speaking about the whole performance. I don’t know why you broke it down to 1 play.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
"Mahomes was the much more comfortable Quarterback" - Colin says.

He's right. Case closed. The more comfortable Quarterback usually win.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
I’m speaking about the whole performance. I don’t know why you broke it down to 1 play.
What was wrong with the rest of his performance?

He missed some throws he should’ve connected on, one of which turned a possible TD into an INT (and got Lamb concussed).

What else did he do poorly?

We couldn’t block well or run well and the receivers killed us with drops.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Perfect, or needing a little blocking or receivers to catch the ball?

Who doesn't need that?

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I respect Cowherds opinions overall but when it comes to the Cowboys, he tends to overvalue them when there are problems and undervalue them when there is real momentum. I see him as late to the game going both ways. I have always attributed this to him watching the whole league vs the team fans who analyze every detail.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Perfect, or needing a little blocking or receivers to catch the ball?

Who doesn't need that?

Football won’t always be perfect. Sometimes the QB is going to be surrounded by chaos and everything won’t go right.

Also, the blocking wasn’t great but Dak not knowing where to go with the ball quickly vs that coverage made the blocking even worse. He had all game to figure it out and couldn’t.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Wrong. Can’t believe people here are taking this jag’s opinions seriously.

this team has been exposed 2 of the last 3 games and something needs to change. Falcons game was a blip and was a run over game because they’re the Falcons. It’s sad because this team tricked everyone (including themselves) into thinking everything has been fixed. Wrong. Same issues as the broncos game (with an improved defense).

Come on dude. Dak doesnt need everything to be perfect hes shown that this season already. We arent missing some guys. We were missing the biggest portion of our offense yesterday lol. Tyron and Cooper would be like Mahomes losing Kelce and Hill. And before you answer. If Mahomes was missing those guys yesterday that game is a lot different.
wrong. Losing Cooper was a big loss. But there is NO reason why Dak couldn’t get a TD with Gallup, CD (he had him for entire half), Wilson, and Schultz. Not a single TD. But he has 2 interceptions against the worst defense in the league.

In a totally different game like the Broncos game, right? I’ll see if I can find it, but during the Falcons game, they showed an infographic during the game. Dak actually had less time to throw against the Falcons than he did against the Broncos. So what happened? He’s capable of doing it but he just doesn’t. Falcons game was an anomaly. I’m not joking when I say this but I wonder if he needs to take a mental break. He’s been going through a lot lately and maybe his head just isn’t in the game at times. Maybe he should take a break like Calvin Ridley and come back when he’s ready.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What was wrong with the rest of his performance?

He missed some throws he should’ve connected on, one of which turned a possible TD into an INT (and got Lamb concussed).

What else did he do poorly?

We couldn’t block well or run well and the receivers killed us with drops.

I know I know.. Things weren’t optimal so it’s an excuse for him to play poorly. I get it.

I agree with a lot of these non-Cowboy homers that would’ve liked to have seen more from him.

He does have a ton of excuses. I’ll grant you that.

Im just tired of the excuse making. It’s a big game and sometime QBs surrounded by chaos have to overcome those things.

That was classic Dak. That was 2018 or whatever year it was when we went to Philly and couldn’t score a TD to go to the post season Dak.

That wasn’t Tampa Bay put the team on my shoulders Dak.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Football won’t always be perfect. Sometimes the QB is going to be surrounded by chaos and everything won’t go right.

Also, the blocking wasn’t great but Dak not knowing where to go with the ball quickly vs that coverage made the blocking even worse. He had all game to figure it out and couldn’t.
Accuracy has never been his thing and he did appear to rattle a bit.

It was an awful day and it is what it is.

Can't wait to move on.

uvaballa

Reaction score
The team generally goes how the oline goes. If they can protect the Cowboys will put up points.