Cowherd's 12 best players in Eagles/Cowboys game

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Can't disagree with numbers 1 and 2 at all...the Prince of Pass and Zeke are special talents IMO.
Where is this love for Wentz coming from? He throws a nice spiral, but he's not even as good as someone like Stafford. He's never shown it in the 4th Quarter and his decision making isn't always the best. He's definitely not a price of anything qb related, especially with how some rookies and second year players have performed this year

slick325

Reaction score
Where is this love for Wentz coming from? He throws a nice spiral, but he's not even as good as someone like Stafford. He's never shown it in the 4th Quarter and his decision making isn't always the best. He's definitely not a price of anything qb related, especially with how some rookies and second year players have performed this year

IMO, he is athletic (keep in mind he is not even a year removed from the ACL injury), he is accurate, he can extend plays, he has a strong arm, he has good pocket presence, he can throw on the move and from the pocket equally well, makes every throw (outside the numbers, inside the numbers), has touch. I liked him a lot leading up to the Senior Bowl in 2016. Nothing has made me change my mind. The uniform he wears is irrelevant to me.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Johnson over Martin isnt actually a bad take.... Johnson is elite, as is Martin, Johnson plays the harder position.

There are many things wrong with this list, that is t one of them.
I know how a great player Johnson is but I also think he lost a strp after that big injury the previous year. Martin, on the other hand, has been as consistent as a great player can ever be. (Knock on wood)

jujoboys

Reaction score
Smh at the Dak and Jones disrespect
Funny that you mention this. I went to an Eagles' forum and they have a thread on this subject and this is an Eagles' fan's take on the top 12.

1) Wentz
2) Cox
3) Lawrence
4) Zeke
5) Lane Johnson
6) Vander Esch
7) Zack Martin
8) Ertz
9) Cooper
10) Byron Jones (think he's really underrated)
11) Tyron Smith (still a top-5 LT when healthy)
12) Jason Kelce

He took off Jaylon Smith and Malcom Jenkins and added Byron Jones and Tyron Smith.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Putting Vander Esch ahead of Zack Martin is position bias ridiculousness. Martin is probably the best player on this team. At least the best that you could find a proper fitting hat for.
Zach gets overlooked because he plays guard. In reality he's been in the league 5 years and is gonna be all-pro all 5 years. He's the only player on the team that im confident will make Canton yet the often view of him is "oh yeah he's a solid guard" (HOF player =/= solid guard)

Lane Johnson is an elite player, but Martin has consistently had an argument for best guard in the league since his rookie year
This. Lane has had one very good season in 2017. Zach has arguably been the best player in the entire NFL at his position since day 1.......

tm1119

Reaction score
Jason Kelce is very overrated. He's great on the move for screens, pulling on outside runs,ect,, but he's pretty small/weak and is incapable of handling most DT's 1 on 1

1. Zeke
2. Wentz
3. Zack Martin
4. Lawrence
5. Cox
6. Ertz
7. L. Johnson
8. Byron
9. LVE
10. Cooper
11. Jaylon
12. Jenkins

cowboyec

Reaction score
cowherd talks outta both sides of his mouth.
in the summer he did a rant on Dak...talked about how many wins he had,etc...even compared him to russel wilson.
then in sept or oct...did a rant on Dak saying can we stop with the russel wilson comparsions.
HE WAS THE ONE COMPARING THE 2.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Dak one million percent should not be on that list. He’s a bottom 10 starter. That doesn’t mean he’s garbage but those guys on that are legit All Pros, except for...

Wentz, who right now is a middle of the pack QB and doesn’t belong either. Not putting Jones towards the very top is a huge oversight.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were ranking top sports talking heads, Collin Cowpatty wouldn’t make my list. He’s not very knowledgeable about the Cowboys and his Cowboys opinions are of the long distance stereotype variety. Mixed with his extreme arrogance doesn’t make for good radio for my tastes.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah he was only going to be the MVP of the league. They surely couldn’t win the Super Bowl with the league mvp could they.

They won the Super Bowl without the “MVP”.

Just how valuable was he, if they won a championship without him?

Them winning the super bowl without Wentz should tell you all you need to know about whether he was a true MVP or not.

And that’s coming from somebody who thinks Wentz is a good quarterback.