Crayton #3 WR

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Naw, we didn't get hosed... we got rid of Bryant, anything else is gravy...

I will never understand why some of you guys remain so obsessed over a player who was clearly out for himself first, second and always... that kind of player will never, ever put anything ahead of himself...

I totally agree with ya there Bear...................

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Some guys are cool under pressure

I believe that Crayton is one of those guys.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
that's good to hear,I am pulling for him. I dont like Quincy Morgan, I didn't like the trade but realize it had to be because of AB antics. I wouldn't be suprised if Morgan doesn't make the last cut,if someone else steps up.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
And you guys laughed at me for picking Crayton in one of my Fantasy Leagues, although it was the 16th pick........:)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
Agree 100% CBF'02

It's also called "functional" or "football" speed, when he needs it its there. Throughout the history of the league very seldom have the fastest WR been the best WR's.

Crayton, in the limited opportunities that he's had just seems to have that 'thing'.

Good point with functional speed. I know this isn't really a fair comparison, but isn't that exactly what emmit smith had? I don't remember him ever being caught from behind on his long runs, but wasn't he slow?

glad u said taht

ghst187

Reaction score
Larry Johnson is who we should've traded AB for if that deal was anything more than a false rumor. LJ was still on Vermeil's craplist then. Morgan just isn't anything. you can't play WR and drop passes, its why you exist.
Crayton does have a special feel about him. He seems to be a gamer. Like the kid a lot, and heck he played just about an hour from where i grew up at NW Ok St.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ghst187 said:
Morgan just isn't anything. you can't play WR and drop passes, its why you exist.

Explain that to Silverbear.

;)

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Crayton has the look of former QB Drew Pearson.

Good hands about 6'1", moderate speed, former QB, finds the empty spot in the zone in the clutch, is consummately aware of the position of his QB.
Whipped the Commanders on a long game winner late in a game.It's a start.

Reaction score
I think it's more of an indication of Crayton's improvement than of Morgan's lack of ability. All we've heard is that Crayton has done nothing but improve, not that Morgan has looked bad. There is nothing wrong with that. Besides, I thought it was nice that we got something out of Bryant other than just rid of him, but I never figured Morgan was going to be resigned here unless it's to a minimum type deal. He can make some plays, but he will always be a #2 or #3 WR imo.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Just before AB was traded and Terry got hurt last year, all three of our top receivers were bunched around 25 receptions with little difference in yards per catch.

The ball was being shared, time was shared, and Bill's insistence that the concept of 1-2-3 receiver was irrelevant was proving itself out.

Then AB refused to come off the field, and he got peddled.

It sounds like Patrick Crayton is now ready to do everything AB was expected to do. Only I think he'll drop a lot fewer. And he has this little idiosyncracy called 'character'.

This is excellent news. The pass offense should be able to run as Bill envisions it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Larry Johnson is who we should've traded AB for if that deal was anything more than a false rumor. LJ was still on Vermeil's craplist then. Morgan just isn't anything. you can't play WR and drop passes, its why you exist.
Crayton does have a special feel about him. He seems to be a gamer. Like the kid a lot, and heck he played just about an hour from where i grew up at NW Ok St.
Why?
Pay 1st round money to a guy to backup JJ??

I'll pass.

AB here was a zero. Morgan is a 3rd or 4th WR. We come out ahead.

We were never going to bring AB to this camp.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Speed is so overrated at WR. I will take a guy who can produce and put up numbers over a guy with a great 40 time.

I did not think much of Crayton but it really sounds like he is doing a very good job and just keep getting better. He is not a burner like Morgan but at least Crayton can do something Morgan can not do . That is catch a football.

Yeah Morgan might give you a once in awhile big play but I think he is more of a drive killer then a playmaker. With Crayton it looks like we got a guy who just has a way of getting open and someone who is smart. He is looking like a guy who might not burn a Defense with a 60+ yard TD but a guy you can count on to move the chains and be open alot.

Quincy Morgan just sucks. I am glad it looks like Crayton is the #3 guy. I will feel alot better on 3rd and long and Crayton is in there instead of Morgan. Yeah Morgan might give us the big play once in awhile. But I have alot more faith in Crayton to keep the drive alive and move the chains.

ndanger

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
If Larry Johnson was in Vermiels doghouse(the diaper incedent)I can only imagine how fast Parcells would have chewed him up.Not even a good trade.AB is gone and good riddance to his cancerous butt.Crayton will be fine and I will reserve judgement on Morgan untill I see a full year with the Boys

Hiero

Reaction score
I'm glad he beat out Morgan, Crayton has much more potential, and has a good work ethic. I hope he gets a lot of playtime, I really dont see much coming out of Morgan, but if he does id be pleasantly surprised.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
i definitly would feel more comfortable with crayton in on 3rd and 10 then morgan. i dont know if anyone heard this, i heard it like when newman was a rookie, maybe it was said on a different message board that i belong too but someone said they thought newman had the speed and hands to be a 3rd and long WR for us?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morgan is not that bad. If Crayton has really beat him out for the 3 spot then we are developing a pretty good WR. This is a big positive IMO.

lyrclcipha12

Reaction score
crayton has more potential and upside than morgan, plus with him coming on at the end of last year i dont think it would be a bad idea to promote him to the number three role. i can see him breaking out for 500 plus yards and developing into a nice number 2 receiver when one of the older guys retires. morgan, on the other hand, has already had his best year. morgan would probably be more solid, but crayton is a player we probably want to develop further. im feelin a breakout season no matter if he starts at the number 3 or 4 spot and i look for him to become the third receiver during the course of the year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wolverine said:
I did not think much of Crayton but it really sounds like he is doing a very good job and just keep getting better. He is not a burner like Morgan but at least Crayton can do something Morgan can not do . That is catch a football.

Yeah Morgan might give you a once in awhile big play but I think he is more of a drive killer then a playmaker. With Crayton it looks like we got a guy who just has a way of getting open and someone who is smart. He is looking like a guy who might not burn a Defense with a 60+ yard TD but a guy you can count on to move the chains and be open alot.

Quincy Morgan just sucks. I am glad it looks like Crayton is the #3 guy. I will feel alot better on 3rd and long and Crayton is in there instead of Morgan. Yeah Morgan might give us the big play once in awhile. But I have alot more faith in Crayton to keep the drive alive and move the chains.
Do ever post anything original or just retread the same old story? Just wondering because I have read this same thing for like 3 nights in a row.

In case you hadn't noticed, and I said this last year as you may recall, BP doesn't agree with you. If Morgan was even 10% as bad as you make him out to be he would be gone in a New York minute.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hiero said:
I'm glad he beat out Morgan, Crayton has much more potential, and has a good work ethic. I hope he gets a lot of playtime, I really dont see much coming out of Morgan, but if he does id be pleasantly surprised.
Well he hasn't beat Morgan out yet. In any case, just wondering why you think he has more potential than Morgan and why you don't see much coming from Morgan.

lyrclcipha12

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Well he hasn't beat Morgan out yet. In any case, just wondering why you think he has more potential than Morgan and why you don't see much coming from Morgan.

i think just because crayton is younger by quite a few years while morgan had his decent season a few years ago and hasnt matched it or improved on it