Crayton sprains left ankle

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Patrick Crayton sprained his left ankle and was limited during practice on Tuesday. Early indications are that he should be fine to play against the Jets, but monitor the situation closely if you are planning on starting him Thursday. Sam Hurd filled in during practice.
Source: Dallas Morning News

David276

Benched
Reaction score
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!:banghead:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Crayton not at practice
WR Patrick Crayton wasn't in attendance for the 30-minute period of media availability at today's practice. Crayton finished Sunday's game, but his absence would seem to be a bit out of the ordinary, especially considering that CB Anthony Henry and WR Isaiah Stanback were there when they were nicked up.

Henry, by the way, was out there with the first-team nickel secondary when the team broke into group work. During Cowboys Blog's time outside, the secondary didn't do base defense work, so things are status quo on that front.

With the short week, the team was in helmets with no shoulder pads or shells, and access was a half-hour later than usual. Jerry Jones also popped in and chatted up Wade Phillips during first group period.

Posted by Albert Breer at 2:18 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments

sago1

Reaction score
Geez, just when we need. We already been w/o Glenn for whole season. Now it possible Crayton can't go. That leaves us with TO & Sam Hurd at WR. Thank God we got Witten and some good backup TEs. Wonder if Crayton can't go against the Jets if Miles Austin or Stanback get time on the field.

OTOH, maybe Crayton was getting treatment and maybe his sprain isn't that bad. We will soon know.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Hurd get a lot of snaps. The guy catches everything and his faster and niftier than Crayton.

I like Crayton and don't want to replace him with Hurd... I just wouldn't mind seeing what Hurd can do.

Might give Stanback a chance to get some snaps too.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
personally I would love to see Miles Austin get a chance to play.

Throw him some quick short passes and let him use his size and speed. I really would like to see him play.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Stanback will most likely be active this week regardless if Crayton plays or not, just incase there's an aggrevation of the ankle during the game. I'm guessing Austin would be active as well

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;1779999 said:
personally I would love to see Miles Austin get a chance to play.

Throw him some quick short passes and let him use his size and speed. I really would like to see him play.

Exactly. Miles has talent -- let him show it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
TheSport78;1780001 said:
Stanback will most likely be active this week regardless if Crayton plays or not, just incase there's an aggrevation of the ankle during the game. I'm guessing Austin would be active as well

austin is always active!!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This is as good a week as any for what hopefully turns out to be a minor sprain. We will need him for GB though.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
Wade just mentioned it in his PC -

held out p. crayton - sprained ankle. injured it in the first quarter of the last game. worried he may not be able to play Thursday. Hurd and Austin moving up. Newman at punt returner. Still hoping he'll be available.

Newman returning punts is concerning....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theebs;1779963 said:
Henry, by the way, was out there with the first-team nickel secondary when the team broke into group work. During Cowboys Blog's time outside, the secondary didn't do base defense work, so things are status quo on that front.

I can sense someones tears welling up.