CFZ Crazy Bad Cowboys trends and stats

RD21

Reaction score
The Craziest trend..... for the last couple decades, the Jones family has continued to make the same bad decisions regarding the football operations of the team. Yet they are #1 in the league (& all of sports), when it comes to $$$. They are the dumbest smart guys in football. Or are they..? The real issue is, regardless of the sales pitch every year, they don't care about winning like we all want them to. It's because they are winning ($$$). The kind of coin they've made in the last 30+ years has made them completely aloof to reality. They are out of touch, & live a lifestyle that has created a dream world for generations of their family.

The egos of the Jones family are/will prevent them from ever handing over football operations to a real football guy. They just can't do it. The fame, the $$$, it isn't enough. They have to do it their way. In some ways I don't blame them. It would be very hard to have the financial success they've had over the years, & not feel like the smartest guys in the room. Jerry is literally a celebrity, & soaks up ALL of the attention. That attention probably stimulates him more than money does anymore. He's NEVER giving that up. It has become his drug of choice.

Until upper management changes, we'll continue to wish for championships that'll never come. Anything, & everything else that is done, will never work. I wish I wasn't so cynical about it all. Been a fan a long time (70's). However, I think it's so obvious that anyone can see it, as long as your willing to look at it objectively.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Here are some absolutely crazy bad stats and trends involving the Cowboys that are killing us:
  • Cedee Lamb hasn’t caught a TD pass since week 10 of last year- Nov 14th, 2021 vs Atl. He’s now gone 10 straight games including last year’s playoff game and the opener Sun w/out a TD.
  • The Cowboys were perfect in the red zone Sun night vs the Bucs- 0-0. In fact the deepest the Cowboys got the entire game Sunday was the Tampa 31.
  • The Cowboys are 1-4 in their last 5 home games going back to last year.
  • The Cowboys have not won a Thanksgiving Day game since 2018 and are 5-8 in their last 13 Turkey Day games.
  • Since the Denver loss last November, the Cowboys are 6-6 with only one win against a team with a winning record- We beat Filly last game of the season last year when they rested all their starters.
  • Zeke’s last 100 yard rushing game was Oct 10, 2021 vs the giants. He had two 100 yard rushing games in 2021.
Maybe we shouldn’t have been so shocked at how bad we played Sunday.

Look I’m not posting this to put salt in our wounds. I’m just pointing out that this team has not performed that well since about halfway through 2021.
Hard to be a good team when a roster only has two true pro bowlers. One on the off line and one at LB. everyone else on this squad is an overhyped back up.

strongarmqb

Reaction score
Remember the press conference our distinguished GM held when Mike McCarthy was hired? What did he say? “I heard bells!”
That tells you all you need to know in a nut shell… Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have no earthly clue how to run a winning football team. Period. Stop.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Crazy when you consider that 40% of that line is going to the HOF.

Comes down to coaching, and serious regress since MMs buddy took over the OL.

But that's what we end up with.....inferior coaching because of the owners ego.

Martin was the only one left in there at that time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Martin was the only one left in there at that time.
I get it.

Less with more is the general point. The OL certainly hasn't gotten better under Philbin and I wouldn't expect it to from here.

The big picture point? Inferior coaching because Jerry wants puppets so he can be involved.

Creeper

Reaction score
Here are some absolutely crazy bad stats and trends involving the Cowboys that are killing us:
  • Cedee Lamb hasn’t caught a TD pass since week 10 of last year- Nov 14th, 2021 vs Atl. He’s now gone 10 straight games including last year’s playoff game and the opener Sun w/out a TD.
  • The Cowboys were perfect in the red zone Sun night vs the Bucs- 0-0. In fact the deepest the Cowboys got the entire game Sunday was the Tampa 31.
  • The Cowboys have not won a Thanksgiving Day game since 2018 and are 5-8 in their last 13 Turkey Day games.
  • Since the Denver loss last November, the Cowboys are 6-6 with only one win against a team with a winning record- We beat Filly last game of the season last year when they rested all their starters.
  • Zeke’s last 100 yard rushing game was Oct 10, 2021 vs the giants. He had two 100 yard rushing games in 2021.

Look I’m not posting this to put salt in our wounds. I’m just pointing out that this team has not performed that well since about halfway through 2021.

Good job with this. It put things in perspective. We WANT our Cowboys to win, but then there is reality. The Cowboys roster is not that good this year and as I have said many time, standing pat after not winning the Super Bowl is not going to produce a better result. The Cowboys lost talent over the offseason and it is going to show on the field in 2022. To expect more than last year is unrealistic. Players do not suddenly become all-pros when they have been jags their entire career.

I said before Dak got hurt the Cowboys are not going to win the division. The fact that Dak started so slow in game 1 is uncharacteristic for him and a bad sign for the season. We are in for a long season.

I could be wrong, but right now the Cowboys appear to be one of the worst teams in the league. They will improve when Gallup and Washington get back, and certainly when Dak gets back but until then which team will lack confidence facing the Cowboys?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I get it.

Less with more is the general point. The OL certainly hasn't gotten better under Philbin and I wouldn't expect it to from here.

The big picture point? Inferior coaching because Jerry wants puppets so he can be involved.

I hear ya, but to me its just a deterioration of a lack of talent all across the Oline. Not sure any line coach could cure this mess.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That was their very first drive and they didn't get any closer the rest of the game. And people wonder why we complain about the overpaid QB.
Well, we complained about him when he wasn’t overpaid. New contract just provided new talking points.

There are numerous contributing factors to the lack of success this era.

75boyz

Reaction score
welcome to the hater negative side. :)

1 or 2 will transfer over from full blown Pollyanna Cowboy worldview after this actual team reality sets in.

Maybe not many. But a couple possibly.

The others will cling to their thou shalt speak no evil of the Cowboys regardless anthem.

Pride, ego and truth hurting too much holds the majority of 'em back from admitting their opinion may have been flawed. And for quite some time.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
1 or 2 will transfer over from full blown Pollyanna Cowboy worldview after this actual team reality sets in.

Maybe not many. But a couple possibly.

The others will cling to their thou shalt speak no evil of the Cowboys regardless anthem.

Pride, ego and truth hurting too much holds the majority of 'em back from admitting their opinion may have been flawed. And for quite some time.
yep, their response will be, I just like watching competitive games. I don't care if we ever win. says no real fan of anything.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Denver showed the blueprint and the boy wonder OC hasn't figured out how to adjust to it. The QB hasn't, either.

Now they've got less experienced players, who may or may not have the talent, and it's going to get better? :huh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Ol' Jerry thinks things have been just fine since the Denver game. Who wants to tell him?

cowboyec

Reaction score

wow.
it sucks even more when you see it laid out like that.
this is beyond a trend.