Crazy fact that solidifies my belief on mediocrity

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Drove right by the Cowboys merchandise distribution center yesterday and outlet store.
Never for a second I thought I should stop to even look at any merchandise.

Matter of fact, I thought of pulling an Earl Thomas on them, as he rode off in the cart. But there were cars by me, they may have thought I was doing that to them. :laugh:
They had dallas cowboys 105.3 shirts on sale for $2 a couple of weeks ago.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are absolutely correct. Maybe it is just nostalgia but I remember thinking as a kid that it didn't matter how much we were behind, Danny White and the offense could always pull off a win. Two huge comebacks versus Washington and the Saints are the wins I remember the most. Too bad those Cowboys choked in three straight NFC Championships.

3 straight title game appearances for Garret would be viewed as a huge success. Amazing how the bar has been lowered over the years. In defense of that team, Montana robbed them. The Catch was ridiculous and should have never happened.

Proximo

Reaction score
We haven't even come close to the championship game and I don't see that changing.

That’s not true.
We were certainly CLOSE to the NFC championship game in each of the following seasons- 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016.

Yes we’ve been mediocre overall during the last couple decades, but we don’t need to rewrite history to prove that point.
And it’s also okay to acknowledge the years we’ve been better than mediocre.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Jerry is a savvy businessman and it's highly unlikely he would put up with the type of underperformance from employees in his non-NFL business dealings, but finds it perfectly acceptable with this team.
jerry isn't savvy at anything.

He's a loud mouthed, pompous, chest beating, hick.

Why do you think Goodell and Mara do what they do to Dallas?

And I'm sure there's several other owners that don't like him either.

JBS

Reaction score
I read this morning on NBC sports a fact that surprised me and I could not believe was true, and it turns out to be very true.

In the last 23 years, every single team in the NFC has played in the NFC Championship Game except Washington, Detroit and Dallas.

For me, that just solidifies what I already knew about how mediocre this franchise really is. We haven't even come close to the championship game and I don't see that changing.

This has been a fact for a handful of years now. I'm surprised you are just hearing it

CPanther95

Reaction score
This is what surprised me the first time you pointed that out many months ago.

You only have to go back to 2005 for there to be 11 teams that have been to at least 2 NFCCGs.

The Rams and Bucs are the 2 teams that join the other 3.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Were still in it. All we need is a win to right the ship and we can still get to the sb this season. #finishthefight.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
In the last 23 years, every single team in the NFC has played in the NFC Championship Game except Washington, Detroit and Dallas.
Going into the 2016 season, the only three teams in the NFL that never had a Top 12 defense in points allowed in this decade were Washington, Detroit, and Dallas.

The Cowboys managed to do it in 2016 (thanks to the offense playing keep-away), and will almost certainly do it again this year. Too bad the offense didn't show up. The Skins have a good chance this year also, and it would be the first time this decade for them.