Crazy Neighbor

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I have a neighbor downstairs who has been itching for a fight since she moved in. I never play music at night, but have played it in the past during the day, and she complained. So I've made sure the volume was way down, and about 2 hours ago she was slamming the ceiling with a broom or something. I went downstairs to her place, and didn't change any settings. I asked her what the problem was, and she told me she could hear it. It was barely audible to hear the bass. Audible? Yes. But you had to be listening for it. Told her she was full of crap, and there is nothing wrong with playing music in the afternoon, then she slammed the door in my face promising to complain to my apartment manager. Just got done writing my apartment manager, but am still so mad. Do people really move to Austin expecting peace and quiet. Wish she would go find a quiet cemetery instead. I've been here about 5 years, and no one ever complained before. As a matter of fact the guy who lived there before would play music at 3 in the morning, and the bass would put me to sleep.If she's not out soon, this is going to end up badly.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
RastaRocket;5070232 said:
Play her some Kenny G and sweeten the mood or something. :p:

Not gonna even go there at what will finally give her peace. Can't believe some people think their whole mission in life is to make others as miserable as possible, but there it is. Thought I escaped that moving from upstate NY. Arlington VA and the San Francisco Bay Area, but here it is in Austin as well. Maybe I'm dragging them with me. Still won't call them the word i want to call them.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Send her an anonymous box of chocolates.....

Questfor6

Reaction score
I have neighbors that have called my employer to tell them I was speeding on my road, yes not cops but my boss. The day after they called she called me in her office to laugh about the whole thing. They've also called the cops on me as well and they like my boss laughed over how over-sensitive these people were being. So if I was in your shoes I'd crank it up til someone of authority told me different.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Questfor6;5070326 said:
I have neighbors that have called my employer to tell them I was speeding on my road, yes not cops but my boss. The day after they called she called me in her office to laugh about the whole thing. They've also called the cops on me as well and they like my boss laughed over how over-sensitive these people were being. So if I was in your shoes I'd crank it up til someone of authority told me different.

I like the way you think *puts on best Sam Kinison Face*

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Questfor6;5070326 said:

Sounds exactly like my neighbor.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you think that is crazy neighbor, wait until you move into a neighborhood, especially with HOA rules. There will also be that crazy, nosy female that claims she is head of the neighborhood watch. Nothing you do will go unnoticed and an untimely trash can removal might lead to a fine :laugh2:

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
dexternjack;5070516 said:
If you think that is crazy neighbor, wait until you move into a neighborhood, especially with HOA rules. There will also be that crazy, nosy female that claims she is head of the neighborhood watch. Nothing you do will go unnoticed and an untimely trash can removal might lead to a fine :laugh2:

I dread ever having to deal with that crap. My parents just moved and their neighborhood has HOA; some lady was already campaigning for them to help her get approved to build a shed. She's been wanting a shed for years now.

LET THE LADY BUILD A DAMN SHED!!!

Or just build the damn shed, and paint it neon green.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
She may be a day sleeper/works at night. If so she can't expect total quiet during the day. I sleep during the day and have for years and you do hear everything. Just have to get used to it.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;5070560 said:
She may be a day sleeper/works at night. If so she can't expect total quiet during the day. I sleep during the day and have for years and you do hear everything. Just have to get used to it.

Funniest part is we live right next to I-35 in Austin. Constant noise coming from there.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Heh, I've been on both sides of this. I've slammed the ceiling before with a broom when upstairs neighbors were blaring music until like 2 AM (and this was not a one time thing)...

I've also been on the receiving end when just watching TV past 10 PM.

If you're in apartments, you just can't be over-sensitive to noise. You CAN'T get away from it. Your neighbor needs to have an epiphany. Next time she does the banging thing and you don't think you are out of line, tell her to call the management office right then.

Or, just send her an anonymous horse head.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Try getting your sub wooffer of the floor, that is what my buddy used to do.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
panchucko;5070658 said:
Try getting your sub wooffer of the floor, that is what my buddy used to do.
That's what I've always done. It'll affect sound quality a little bit, but if you're not listening to it loud anyways it shouldn't be a big deal.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
1) I've had much worse neighbors, much worse. Neighbors vandalized my house, wrote racist graffiti on my steps (my wife is Asian), tried to rip my downspouts off, goofball neighbors even sat on my porch step whenever they wanted and frowned when they had to move as I was entering my house, etc. And the neighbors' children were just as bad if not worse.

2) What does she look like? And can you beat her boyfriend/husband up?

3) Not a good idea to go down and talk to a neighbor banging on the ceiling. All kind of psychos out there and many packing some automatic weapon of mass destruction.

Nomad

Reaction score
Some people complain just because they technically can, not because anything is honestly bothering them.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me a few years back...

Once when the lady complained the manager came to my apartment... at night... to see how loud it was...

She said it was at a very reasonable level but I had to to turn it even further down since she was complaining...

I hate those kind of neighbors...

erickb

Reaction score
Is she Hot? Crazy hot woman are fun :bow: if not start complaining that you can hear her breath. My neighbor and I use to get into it every day, he even honk at the cops that where blocking his driveway as they cleared my house from a burglary in process! So yea I can deal with crazy