Crazy OL things

DanA

Reaction score
Yeah Callahan was some coach then considering he was in his 2nd year in Washington in 2016.

His greatness around here is a myth.

My bad, it was 2014 I was thinking and I agree about the myth (hence the running game moses jibe). He was still pretty good though and he is doing some good things at the Browns as well.

Colombo was 2016, he was also pretty good too in his short time. Really, they've all been pretty good except for "the ketchup bottle genius" Paul Alexander

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
JG was a idiot when he let our O-Line coach go and hires his buddy from the bengals (who fired him and hired ours because JG let his contract go) then had to let Colombo take over and bring Hudson in. JG should have been fired for that alone.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
JG was a idiot when he let our O-Line coach go and hires his buddy from the bengals (who fired him and hired ours because JG let his contract go) then had to let Colombo take over and bring Hudson in. JG should have been fired for that alone.

So I am confused, I thought Jerry made all the decisions for Garrett - the ultimate puppet. I heard on this board, Garrett basically didn't show up except on Sundays, that all his powers were striped, he had no say in the game plan or how the O or D was run or made any decisions on player acquisition, or coaching hiring and firing.. are you telling me that's not true?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Callahan was some coach then considering he was in his 2nd year in Washington in 2016.

His greatness around here is a myth. People talk about how much we miss him yet two years after he left we had the most dominant OL performance since we were winning Super Bowls in the 90's.
Doug Free gave up 9 sacks in 2016...

They were great in 2014. Tyron, Martin, Frederick with Leary plus Parnell for 7 games including 2 playoff games. No sacks allowed by Parnell...

glimmerman

Reaction score
So I am confused, I thought Jerry made all the decisions for Garrett - the ultimate puppet. I heard on this board, Garrett basically didn't show up except on Sundays, that all his powers were striped, he had no say in the game plan or how the O or D was run or made any decisions on player acquisition, or coaching hiring and firing.. are you telling me that's not true?
“They” (not sure who they are) said it was up to JG if he wanted the O-Line coach back and “he” let his contract expire. The bengals fired there coach and he was buddies with JG so JG pulled for him to get hired. Meanwhile the bengals interviewed and hired ours. We pretty much swapped coaches. Which was a bad move. Also JJ let him hire the ST coach that got fired I believe along with the O-Line coach after the chaz green game, during the bye week. Or maybe the ST coach made it till the end of year. Don’t remember exactly. But JG was on the hot seat and JJ gave him rope to hang himself.