Creating the all-time Dallas Cowboys 53-man roster: Offense and Defense

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm going to say it's a pretty accurate list my only revisions would be Pearson over CD lamb.

Bob Hayes in today's NFL would be absolutely incredible to watch and could not be covered with today's rules he would continually draw pass interference.

Roger staubach's leadership quality and ability to run with the football elevate him above aikman
No one in the NFL thought any lead was safe with time left on the clock and Roger Staubach in the game.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I might have put in Mike ditka before either one of them but I'm not sure didn't see enough of Mike ditka to make an accurate assessment but he was a good tight end
Ditka was past his prime when he played TE for us but still a very good player

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I guess I just can't let go of that bad pass he threw to a wide open Jackie Harris in the end zone in the Super Bowl.
That wasn't a bad pass. It hit Harris in the chest. Harris tried catching it with his pads and not his hands. Staubach took the blame but video doesn't lie.

There are other things I can point to in that game that ticked me off, like the ref blocking for Franco, or the phantom PI against Benny Barnes.

gtb1943

Reaction score
That wasn't a bad pass. It hit Harris in the chest. Harris tried catching it with his pads and not his hands. Staubach took the blame but video doesn't lie.

There are other things I can point to in that game that ticked me off, like the ref blocking for Franco, or the phantom PI against Benny Barnes.
guys it was Jackie SMITH as has been mentioned SEVERAL times in this thread.

He was falling backwards and Staubach put it right there, Smith has said that time and again that he blew it not Roger. Anyone watching that video and claiming otherwise if full of crap

TwentyOne

Reaction score
T.O. was a mercenary, not a true Dallas Cowboy.... doesn't qualify, especially since he desecrated the star to promote himself.
Come on stop that nonsense.

You have issues with the person. Thats fine. But step out of your own big egos shadow. Not everything is about your feelings.

The guy was a great player. 2nd best wr all time. And he produced big time for us. There was never an issue with him when he was in DC. Heck Dez created more problems for the team than TO.

nathanlt

Reaction score

You have issues with the person. Thats fine. But step out of your own big egos shadow. Not everything is about your feelings.

The guy was a great player. 2nd best wr all time. And he produced big time for us. There was never an issue with him when he was in DC. Heck Dez created more problems for the team than TO.
No... he stood on the star and mocked all Dallas fans to promote his ego.... Yeah, he's done.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
QB Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman; Danny White
RB Emmitt, and Tony Dorsett, early Zeke Elliott, Hershel Walker
FB The Moose, Walt Garrison, Robert Newhouse
WR Bullet Bob Hayes, Michael Irvin, Drew Pearson, CD Lamb; Tony Hill
TE Witten, Jay Novacek, Billy Joe Dupree
LT Tyron Smith, Mark Tuinei, Flozel Adams, Pat Donovan
LG LA, John Niland
C Fredbeard, Andre Gurode; Mark Stepnoski; Dave Manders, John Fitzgerald
RG Martin, Nate Newton, Herbert Scott
RT E Williams, Rayfield Wright

DE Harvey Martin and DeWare; Too Tall Jones; Greg Ellis
DT Lilly and Manster; Jethro Pugh, Leon Lett
LB Howley, Parsons and Lee Roy Jordan; Bob Breunig, Sean Lee
CB Renfro and Deion; S. Diggs, T Newman
S Woodson, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Cornell Green

K Brandon Aubrey
P B. Anger
ST Bill Bates

kskboys

Reaction score

C'mon stop that nonsense. TO is not close to 2nd best WR all time. You have a crush on the player, that's fine. But step out of your own love ego. Not everything is about your feelings.

kskboys

Reaction score
QB Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman; Danny White
RB Emmitt, and Tony Dorsett, early Zeke Elliott, Hershel Walker
FB The Moose, Walt Garrison, Robert Newhouse
WR Bullet Bob Hayes, Michael Irvin, Drew Pearson, CD Lamb; Tony Hill
TE Witten, Jay Novacek, Billy Joe Dupree
LT Tyron Smith, Mark Tuinei, Flozel Adams, Pat Donovan
LG LA, John Niland
C Fredbeard, Andre Gurode; Mark Stepnoski; Dave Manders, John Fitzgerald
RG Martin, Nate Newton, Herbert Scott
RT E Williams, Rayfield Wright

DE Harvey Martin and DeWare; Too Tall Jones; Greg Ellis
DT Lilly and Manster; Jethro Pugh, Leon Lett
LB Howley, Parsons and Lee Roy Jordan; Bob Breunig, Sean Lee
CB Renfro and Deion; S. Diggs, T Newman
S Woodson, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Cornell Green

K Brandon Aubrey
P B. Anger
ST Bill Bates
Ellis was a good player, but Jeffcoat was a better DE.

Good list, though, only disagree w/ a few. Meredith over White.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
C'mon stop that nonsense. TO is not close to 2nd best WR all time. You have a crush on the player, that's fine. But step out of your own love ego. Not everything is about your feelings.
Very creative using my answer and copy & pasting it.

Rest does not need an answer. You are to full of yourself no place for other views.