Crescendo of Stupidity all touched off by

rambo2

Reaction score
Peyton Hendershot

Hear me out. Had Hendershot not committed that stupid tripping penalty, none of this would have happened. It would have been 2nd & 2 FORCING McCarthy to call 2 running plays to kill the clock and try to get a first down.
instead, the collective IQ in the stadium dropped quicker than green grass through a goose.

Consider …
  • Hendershot Penalty. Stupid. ‘Nuff said. Fuse lit.

• 2nd & 14. Run the damn ball. Idiotic play call by McCarthy. Foolish decision by Dak to throw the ball out of bounds (instead, scramble and stay in bounds).

• Prevent Defense. Poor play calling by DQ. Horrible execution by defense.

• Decision to Go for 2. We have an expression in our office for guys like Dan Campbell: “Often wrong, never in doubt.“

• Conversion - Take 1. Tackle not reporting as eligible (right?). Brainless.

• Conversion - Take 2. Backed up 5 yards and STILL go for 2? Campbell is a buffoon. Double helping of stupid - Micah jumps offside.

• Conversion - Take 3. Thank you Jared Goff, for incomprehensibly blowing the throw at the goal line.
One ray of brilliance cutting through all of this stupidity…

BRANDON AUBREY!!!

if this kid doesn’t remain perfect, we lose this game. He does NOT get enough credit. In this sea of stupidity, Aubrey was frickin’ Albert Einstein!!!
He didn't trip anybody.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Excellent post. Losers make big mistakes with the clock running down. The penalty and 2 and 14 pass enabled the Lions to get down the field like they did. Even with the penalty, if Dak does not throw that incompletion, chances are the Lions still don\'t have time to get down the field. They could not have used the middle of the field to throw the ball the way they did.

We sometimes say we like coaches to be aggressive, but being stupid is not the same as being aggressive. Thank God Dan Campbell was dumber than McCarthy and Quinn because he gifted Dallas this win tonight when they probably should have lost.
Passes there were fine, the 1st and 3rd down slants were safe and kept the clock running. That 2nd down throw was pure stupidity. Dak has to be aware of the game situation.
As to Arlington Fats, he is an imbecile at game mgmt

RonWashington

Reaction score
Peyton Hendershot

Hear me out. Had Hendershot not committed that stupid tripping penalty, none of this would have happened. It would have been 2nd & 2 FORCING McCarthy to call 2 running plays to kill the clock and try to get a first down.
instead, the collective IQ in the stadium dropped quicker than green grass through a goose.

Consider …

• 2nd & 14. Run the damn ball. Idiotic play call by McCarthy. Foolish decision by Dak to throw the ball out of bounds (instead, scramble and stay in bounds).

• Decision to Go for 2. We have an expression in our office for guys like Dan Campbell: “Often wrong, never in doubt.“

• Conversion - Take 2. Backed up 5 yards and STILL go for 2? Campbell is a buffoon. Double helping of stupid - Micah jumps offside.

• Conversion - Take 3. Thank you Jared Goff, for incomprehensibly blowing the throw at the goal line.

BRANDON AUBREY!!!

if this kid doesn’t remain perfect, we lose this game. He does NOT get enough credit. In this sea of stupidity, Aubrey was frickin’ Albert Einstein!!!

“ often wrong never in doubt “. I love that saying .

:p

Creeper

Reaction score
I hate that all the focus is on the stupid 2 point conversion penalty on Detroit and not on the failure of the Cowboys coaches at the end of the game. Between McCarthy's play calling and Quinn's ghost defense the last 2 minutes was a nightmare for Dallas. They have to be smarter than that in the playoffs. Why was Dak throwing that 2nd down pass like that. At that point with Detroit having 1 TO left, you make they use it and burn time off the clock. They were up by 4 which means Detroit needed the TD. So make they go the length of the field with as little time on the clock as possible.

Even if they tried to pooch punt inside the 10 yard line, they could have given Detroit under a minute to go 90 yards for a TD with no Time outs. The Lions would have been forced to use the sidelines instead of the middle of the field and all it would have taken is two or 3 completions inbounds to run out the clock.

We should be talking about the coaching failures which will kill us in the playoffs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
A Donovan Wilson or Marquise Bell blitz on that last drive by Detroit would have been nice . Goff had enough time to scan the field pick things apart

silvernblu

Reaction score
Peyton Hendershot

Consider …

BRANDON AUBREY!!!

Show me the trip.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really long post. Didn’t read all of it.

But I am picking up what you are putting down my friend
I can only read those until the lack of punctuation causes me to start over, at which point I move on to the next post.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I can only read those until the lack of punctuation causes me to start over, at which point I move on to the next post.
Pretty much.

At work, I coach my young direct reports to compose emails with bullet points for this very reason.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Tripping was called on the wrong team, it was Hutchinson who tripped not Hendershot. They called it on the wrong team going into the 2 minute warning, so there was NO REPLAY because they went to commercial break.
Think of it... a 15 yard penalty against the wrong team going into a commercial break? You can't make this stuff up, the game was over.

Detroit Covers.

Hardline

Reaction score
Peyton Hendershot

Consider …

BRANDON AUBREY!!!

There's a lot of stupid mistakes the Cowboys made that could've cost them the game. This wasn't one of them

Flamma

Reaction score
*** there were two flags on the play the Cowboys would have accepted either one of them the play still never happens the two points was called back by two penalties... So if you wanna take out the fact that maybe the refs didn't hear 68 didn't get that right they still had an illegal formation call on the same play that would have been accepted the play still doesn't happen..
Had the refs got that right, 68 instead of 70, there would not have been a flag for illegal formation. According to the ref, 70 reported, not 68. Then 70 lines up ineligible. That's why he threw the flag. Doesn't matter, it's their own fault for confusing the ref.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Had the refs got that right, 68 instead of 70, there would not have been a flag for illegal formation. According to the ref, 70 reported, not 68. Then 70 lines up ineligible. That's why he threw the flag. Doesn't matter, it's their own fault for confusing the ref.
actually none of it really matters because we have ben on the wrong end of these controversial calls for years. then we should also go back and realize the fake tripping call on Hendershot changed the way we called that last drive and forced to throw as opposed to run and run more clock, no last lions drive, it's a win there is no controversy. Its in the book!.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I’m infuriated over a phantom “personal foul”. That is not to be taken lightly!!!

The official needs to be punished severely!