Crime and Punishment

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AUSTIN (KXAN) — In Austin, you don’t mess with Stevie Ray Vaughan’s legacy. A 39-year-old Philadelphia Eagles fan learned the hard way after police say he tagged the popular statue located along Auditorium Shores.

Austin police say Matthew Rutledge tagged the statue on Feb. 5. Witnesses in the area said the saw a man spray painting the statue as well as placing a Philadelphia Eagles jersey over it. This was the day after the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

“Philly” and “St. Nick” were the items tagged at the foot of the statue.

Witnesses were able to relay the suspect’s vehicle license plate to police, who were able to track Rutledge down at his house. When KXAN went to the scene on Monday afternoon, the graffiti had already been removed.

Rutledge is currently in the Travis County Jail facing a Class B Misdemeanor, Graffiti.

Stevie vandalism.jpg

vaughan-statue.jpg

https://kxan.com/2018/02/09/apparen...accused-of-tagging-stevie-ray-vaughan-statue/

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I thought it said Philly Stinks. And I couldn't for the life of me figure out why an Eagles fan would write Philly Stinks on a statue in Texas. I mean it *could* be a compulsion to tell the truth, but then again, he is an Eagles fan.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just chalk it up to not knowing how to handle success. Its a new thing for Eagles fans.

GMO415

Reaction score
iggles still suck. win four more and then we can talk.

Techsass

Reaction score
Dang you mean the guy couldn't even raise enough money to post bond almost a week later? For graffiti? Kind of shows what being a Philly fan can do to your brain.