Video: Critical Analysis of each run by Zeke | Film Review

Blackthorn

Reaction score

Review every run by Zeke. The O-line did their job.

The Dallas offensive line steamed rolled the Seahawks defense. Zeke had 16 carries for 127 YDS. That is averaging 8 yards per carry. I get that Zeke made three mental mistakes. That is not typical Zeke. For this team to win,Zeke should get 30 touches per game. Collins and Martin are total beast when they are run blocking. Dallas needs to allow the O-line to impose their will on other teams.

Give Zeke the ball and let him run. This gets the play action passing working and also controls the TOP. When Dallas moves the ball methodically down the field the opposing team’s defense gets tired and sloppy which equates for bigger runs throughout the game. Controlling the clock also keeps the Dallas defense fresh.

Run Zeke more, that's why the Cowboys drafted a RB with a top 5 pick.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don’t know where his burst or quickness has gone but Zeke is at his best still running between the tackles. Seeing him getting run down, beaten to the edge by Frank Clark was a bad sight.
I have been wondering where his home run ability has been? He looks more like a doubles hitter now than a home run hitter.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
And Williams can pull. We can run right.

The video does show Rico just absolutely awful on a couple of blocking assignments. Just hit somebody!
I think Williams is holding his own in the run game. If you focus on Collins and Martin they absolutely understand how to block and get to the second level.

I am just not getting Rico. He is so big he should be able to roll smaller players. Rico just does not have football skills to block. Instead of bringing in all of these TEs, Dallas should just bring in a linemen and declare them eligible.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I don’t know where his burst or quickness has gone but Zeke is at his best still running between the tackles. Seeing him getting run down, beaten to the edge by Frank Clark was a bad sight.
I think the play you are talking about is at the 3:50 mark of the video. The TEs can't miss their blocks. Rico and Swaim have to get their blocks when they are on the field. I can't blame Zeke on that play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Review every run by Zeke. The O-line did their job.

The Dallas offensive line steamed rolled the Seahawks defense. Zeke had 16 carries for 127 YDS. That is averaging 8 yards per carry. I get that Zeke made three mental mistakes. That is not typical Zeke. For this team to win,Zeke should get 30 touches per game. Collins and Martin are total beast when they are run blocking. Dallas needs to allow the O-line to impose their will on other teams.

Give Zeke the ball and let him run. This gets the play action passing working and also controls the TOP. When Dallas moves the ball methodically down the field the opposing team’s defense gets tired and sloppy which equates for bigger runs throughout the game. Controlling the clock also keeps the Dallas defense fresh.

Run Zeke more, that's why the Cowboys drafted a RB with a top 5 pick.

For the first 2.5 games of this season Zeke has been a shadow of himself because of the Oline and rust. His yearly numbers are inflated by a few big runs in the 2nd half when they were playing prevent. Specifically the huge scamper where he fumbled the game away.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For the first 2.5 games of this season Zeke has been a shadow of himself because of the Oline and rust. His yearly numbers are inflated by a few big runs in the 2nd half when they were playing prevent. Specifically the huge scamper where he fumbled the game away.
This ^^^^

Very deceitful rushing yards and average. This Oline needs to become more consistent at opening holes for Zeke.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Zekes top end speed from his rookie year is gone for some reason

Still love Zeke though

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
5:24 is kind of our offense in a nutshell. We go 3 TEs, all on the same side, and run behind them. Swaim gets shed by the DE like he's a cheerleader, Rico doesn't know where he's going, Jarwin actually does a good job on his man, and there's an unblocked CB there to stop the play even if everything goes perfectly. Zeke gets hit at the line but basically gets thrown for 3. Cowboys football.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
This ^^^^

Very deceitful rushing yards and average. This O-line needs to become more consistent at opening holes for Zeke.
7.9 yds per carry is pretty dang good if you ask me. That is consistent blocking. The mistakes that I saw was by receivers not securing the ball. The two interceptions were all on the receivers. Zeke stepping out of bound and fumbling is all on Zeke. Dak holding onto the ball too long is all on him.

The O-line is not the problem. They are busting their a** out there. This was a winnable game and the Cowboys kept themselves from winning.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I am just not getting Rico. He is so big he should be able to roll smaller players. Rico just does not have football skills to block. Instead of bringing in all of these TEs, Dallas should just bring in a linemen and declare them eligible.

I don't get it either. His size and strength are bordering on a T. Plenty agile. What the hell is the problem?

We've turned LBs into FBs in a single offseason, but after 3 training camps, Rico still looks clueless.

I've been behind the Rico experiment, but maybe he really is KP - Can't Play.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Which play? What time on the video?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There's a couple bad Swaim blocks too.

What are these guys doing on the field? Sometimes in multiples? Not one of them is NFL starter quality.

Swaim has played 90%+ of snaps. Why?

Has anyone taken a look at the Olawale snaps? He at least is a veteran. Should be able to function. Yet he only has 10% of the snaps.

Because our lack of TE talent was evident through the offseason, I was really hoping our base offense would be Olawale instead of Swaim. He should be a viable blocking alternative to Swaim, and gives us a better receiving threat, and a run threat too.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What are these guys doing on the field? Sometimes in multiples? Not one of them is NFL starter quality.

Swaim has played 90%+ of snaps. Why?

Has anyone taken a look at the Olawale snaps? He at least is a veteran. Should be able to function. Yet he only has 10% of the snaps.

Because our lack of TE talent was evident through the offseason, I was really hoping our base offense would be Olawale instead of Swaim. He should be a viable blocking alternative to Swaim, and gives us a better receiving threat, and a run threat too.
Familiarity with the system would be the only reason

T-RO

Reaction score
I don't get it either. His size and strength are bordering on a T. Plenty agile. What the hell is the problem?

He’s an air head.

But wow...we don’t have a single tight end who can really churn out blocks. Disappointed w/Swaim.

Witten you need to dump that trashy girl ESPN, and give us a half season. C’mon bro! And bring Tony w/you!