Critical mistake by Parcells

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
When he decided to go to the 3-4 Zimmer was vocal in letting it be know it was new ground to him and that he wasn't totally in favor of it. Right then and there I would have jettisoned Zimmer and brought in a defensive 3-4 mind that could teach our players from an aggressive standpoint within the 3-4. Period.

Zimmer never had any experience in the 3-4 yet Parcells expected him to lead this defense to a championship. :rolleyes:

If Parcells is back I hope he cuts down on his critical errors for the sake of the team and its emotionally tethered fans.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;1298652 said:
When he decided to go to the 3-4 Zimmer was vocal in letting it be know it was new ground to him and that he wasn't totally in favor of it. Right then and there I would have jettisoned Zimmer and brought in a defensive 3-4 mind that could teach our players from an aggressive standpoint within the 3-4. Period..

I've said this same thing ooooooooooooooooh, about 5000 times. Agreed.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
you dont think jerry had a thing to do with zimmer staying huh?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sarge;1298655 said:

Well then I agree with you. This has been a thought in the back of my mind since the pre-season. I'm just opening it up for discussion if anyone cares to do so.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1298657 said:
What's your malfunction???
Parcells makes no mistakes!

*sarcasm off*
Find me a poster who says that Parcells doesn't make mistakes.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
stealth;1298656 said:

If he did Parcells should have taken Jerry behind a closed door and schooled him on what it takes to win a championship then jettisoned Zimmer.

The move to jettison Zimmer should have swiftly gone hand in hand with the change to the 3-4. It was public knowledge Zimmer had no clue where it pertained to the 3-4. Zimmer made sure of that. Perhaps to cover his back.. :rolleyes:

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
stealth;1298656 said:
bingo. he was given a large contract previously.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1298664 said:
If he did Parcells should have taken Jerry behind a closed door and schooled him on what it takes to win a championship then jettisoned Zimmer.

The move to jettison Zimmer should have swiftly gone hand in hand with the change to the 3-4. It was public knowledge Zimmer had no clue where it pertained to the 3-4. Zimmer made sure of that. Perhaps to cover his back.. :rolleyes:

new coach new town new personel and new owner. I don't know that parcells woulda told jerry to stuff it in regards to keeping zimmer. Zimmer had been on staff since the 90's

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
stealth;1298669 said:
new coach new town new personel and new owner. I don't know that parcells woulda told jerry to stuff it in regards to keeping zimmer. Zimmer had been on staff since the 90's

Yet Zimmer made it public record that he was not comfortable with running a defensive set he had never run before. Am I the only one that sees the obvious tag?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
stealth;1298656 said:

Nope, global warming is Parcells fault in these here parts.
:)

CalCBFan

Reaction score
stealth;1298656 said:
I don't think Jerry had as much to do w/ it as BP. Zimmer was the only left-over he retained as far as I recall. His reasoning was the Zim was the son of a coach and BP loves a guy like that. This was BP's words not mine...

cowboyed

Reaction score
stealth;1298656 said:

Stealth, Parcells has had unprecedented authority in his 4 year coaching tenure. He elected to keep Zimmer and even said so, because of his football background. Zimmer also picked the other coaches on his current staff.

So if the coach as the player fails it is Jones' fault. When we get a savvy coach and outstanding player it is all Parcells.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Sarge;1298655 said:
i think ive said this 1,000,000 times :D and have called Parcells retarted for this sole reason...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells biggest mistake was building his nice house in Saratoga, a mere 20 miles from me.......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1298777 said:
Parcells biggest mistake was building his nice house in Saratoga, a mere 20 miles from me.......
Hey Sarge do me a favor and TP his house tonight.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CalCBFan;1298730 said:
I don't think Jerry had as much to do w/ it as BP. Zimmer was the only left-over he retained as far as I recall. His reasoning was the Zim was the son of a coach and BP loves a guy like that. This was BP's words not mine...

Jerry asked Bill to retain Zimmer. Zimmer did well the first year with Bill as HC and got a big contract that is now done. That contract has alot to do with why Zimmer stayed here.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
abersonc;1298858 said:
Jerry asked Bill to retain Zimmer. Zimmer did well the first year with Bill as HC and got a big contract that is now done. That contract has alot to do with why Zimmer stayed here.

So, in essence, 3 years were wasted.

juck

Reaction score
Zimmer is good in the 4-3.if we stay the 3-4 we need a good 3-4 coach.i prefer the 4-3.

p1_

Reaction score
Sarge;1298655 said:

And yet Parcells interviewed him EXTENSIVELY before keeping him. Doesn't make sense. If he didn't thinnk he was right for the job, he should have done something at the time.