Cromartie the top corner of the last two decades

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
Not my words either.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?player=325&type=scoutingreport

He has rare movement skills for a 6-foot-2 athlete and performs positional skills that only 180-pound athletes can accomplish. He has the hip flexibility and footwork of a much smaller athlete with the height and reach to matchup with any receiver in the game. He is the best college corner over the past two decades. In his back pedal, he is smooth, fluid and is able to break quickly on the ball. He has exceptional ball skills and competes for the pass on every attempt.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::bow:

To get this kind of talent at 18, its a no brainer pick IMO.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DiscipleofTuna said:
Not my words either.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?player=325&type=scoutingreport

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::bow:

To get this kind of talent at 18, its a no brainer pick IMO.
Not to beat a dead horse,:horse:
but it's just funny how they said he ran one of the fastest 10 yd dashes in the draft, and Manny Lawson ran the exact same speed in the event. A 1.53.

But I really am starting to like Cromartie - I really didn't pay much attention to him at first, because I was mostly evaluating prospects that we needed on this team. I really wouldn't mind if we drafted this guy.

lkelly

Reaction score
I can't believe I actually clicked on this thread.

Woods

Reaction score
How many seasons has Cromartie (sp?) actually started?

I think he's only started ONE game at Florida State, according to Ourlads.

Ourlads says, "Junior eligible. Started only one game at Florida State. Tore his ACL in spring of 2005. Tape evaluation was on 2004 games. Leroy Smith started ahead of him, but he was awarded first-team all-ACC in 2004."

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Didn't some guy named, umm, what was it, Deion something? Didn't he play... at FLORIDA STATE?!!?!? Yeah this assessment is totally spot on.

RW31

Reaction score
this guy was a 2nd rounder few weeks/months back. nothing happened since the season ended and all of a sudden this guy has deion sanders written all over him? :laugh2:

unbelievable...

Woods

Reaction score
In my previous post I suggested that Cromartie (sp?) started only 1 game according to Ourlads magazine.

That said, I don't have anything against this player. But what I don't understand is why we would invest the number 18 OVERALL pick in the entire draft for a player who hasn't had the responsibility to start a season, and who is coming off a serious injury.

Does he have the maturity and consistency to handle a full-time role his first year with the Cowboys? And will he even be 100% healthy to assume that role?

If we take this player, I hope it's after a trade down or in the 2nd round.

playmakers

Reaction score
ESPN did a piece on him like a month ago and they said all the things that were said in the article. Don't know the reason but there was a reason why he didnt start or play alot. I forget what they said in the show. When he played though he was said to play like Deion and he locked down everyone he played against. The reason why he was rated only a 2nd was because of the playing time issue. He could turn out to be a gem.

Pokes28

Reaction score
My guess would be that if Cromartie were drafted, that he would be the free safety at first so he could work on his game and get adjusted. Then in a year or two if Henry starts slowing down (he's not a speed corner anyway and that would be a death nail at the CB position for him) then the two will swap positions.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
This guy must be hitting the crack pipe.

A guy with 1 start to his name and coming off a season long knee injury is 'the best cover corner in the last two decades'?

Clearly if that were remotely to being the case, he would be a top 5 pick. Newman, Jammer, Woodson, Bailey, etc were all top picks at that position. Cromartie won't be in the top 3 at his position.

Woodson won the Heisman as a defensive back, for pete's sake.

Last two decades would include 85, where Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson were playing Cornerbacks. Both players who were named as starters on the SI All-Century college football team.

This guy is so completely insane for making that statement, that I can't imagine that anyone would listen to what he says.

Pokes28

Reaction score
I've read and heard more bluster about players being a "once in twenty years" or whatever kind of hyperbole this year than all prior years combined.

I've heard that Bush is a once in twenty year back. Yet the last 20 years has given us Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, and Curtis Martin who could be 3 of the top 4 RBs by yardage of all time. It also included Marshall Faulk who had many of the same attributes that Bush has. ********.

I've heard people say that Ferguson is a once every 10 to 15 year tackle. Yet there is Pace, Ogden, Roaf, Jones, etc.

It is simply stupid to say such things. If the guy just turns out to be a very good player and not a great player, he'll be considered a bust for not living up to expectations.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
littlewebs said:
Didn't some guy named, umm, what was it, Deion something? Didn't he play... at FLORIDA STATE?!!?!? Yeah this assessment is totally spot on.

That was senile Bobby Bowden and his staff who compared him to Deion Sanders.

shnagy

Reaction score
lkelly said:
I can't believe I actually clicked on this thread.
I can't believe you actually took the time to respond either. :laugh2: Just joshin' ya.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
Here are a couple of people who value Coyles opinions. You may recognize one :rolleyes:

[SIZE=+1]Get INSIDE NFL & NCAA Football[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]For The NFL Postseason and NFL Draft '06[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]With The Most Accurate and In-Depth
[SIZE=+2]NFL Draft & Free Agency[/SIZE]
Publication & Online Books Available on the Market !!
"The Leader in NFL and College Scouting"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]15th Season This Year[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]CLICK HERE FOR SPECIAL OFFER THIS SEASON[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]On The Clock[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]- Updated - April 14, 2006 [/SIZE]

1. In The Huddle Editorial - NFL Mock Draft '06 - Two Rounds - 4/11 ****
2. Ahead of the Curve - Column - Reggie Bush - Scouting Report - 4/12 ****
3. NFL Free Agency - Player Profiles - New - 3/13 **
4. Top 25 Pro Prospects for the NFL Draft '06 - 4/1 **
5. NFL Draft '06 - Complete 7 Round Order - 4/14 ****
6. Senior Bowl '06 Rising Star - QB Jay Cutler - 1/30
7. NFL Compensatory Team Draft Picks - 3/28 ***
8. NFL Draft '06 - First Round Mock Draft - 3/30 **
9. Traded NFL '06 Draft Picks - 4/14 ****

[SIZE=+2]NFL Draft '06 Yearbook - Premier Yearbook Available
over 400 In-Depth Scouting Reports -
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2] Ready Now[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2] 7 Round Mock Draft - Top 120 Value Board -
[/SIZE]

NFL Combine '06 Report - FREE for Full Subscribers - Available Now

NFL Free Agency '06 - Online Book (34 pages) Available Now ****
Underclassmen Special for NFL Draft '06 / New Top 50 Pro Prospects -
[SIZE=+2][/SIZE] Six Newletters - FREE for Full Subscribers Order Online Today

LenDale_White.jpg
young_vince.jpg

LenDale White - RB - USC Vince Young - QB - Texas

Matt_Leinart.jpg
Bush_Colorado_St.jpg

Matt Leinart - QB - USC Reggie Bush - RB - USC

Mathias_Kiwanuka.jpg
DBrickashaw_Ferguson.jpg

Mathias Kiwanuka- DE - B.C. D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT - Virginia

[SIZE=+1]THE Most Comprehensive & Unique Scouting Reports Available for the NFL Draft '06.[/SIZE]
By a Pro Scouting Staff With Over 100 Years Experience in Coaching & Scouting headed by renowned Scout Frank Coyle.

[SIZE=+1]THE Premier NFL Draft '06 Yearbook [/SIZE]
400 In-depth Scouting Reports - Order Today Online

THE BIBLE of Every NFL Front Office Staff

Complete Mock Draft & Value Board
Every NFL Team evaluated In-depth with current Free Agent additions plus much more - NFL Rookies rated - See Special Packages - Available Now !!!

[SIZE=+2] What NFL Insiders & Personnel Men Say About Draft Insiders' Digest & Frank Coyle [/SIZE]
Gil Brandt - NFL.com Analyst and legendary V.P. and Director of Player Personnel for the Dallas Cowboys for 30 years.

"I've been involved with the NFL for decades. In that time, I have known few people who can match Frank Coyle's ability to judge football talent. I value his opinions very much. And any fan who wants an accurate and in-depth analysis of college players headed to the NFL should read Frank Coyle's Draft Insiders’ Digest. Frank offers great insights you won't find in any other NFL Draft publication."

Phil Savage - General Manager of the Cleveland Browns

“ I have found Frank Coyle’s information to be very thorough and insightful. In my opinion, any NFL fan who is interested in the NFL Draft would enjoy Draft Insiders’ Digest very much. I know how many hours and months the Ravens and Browns put in preparing for the NFL Draft and I think Frank Coyle and his staff do the same thing. It’s obvious by their volume of quality information on the college prospects in Draft Insiders’ Digest.”

Duane

Reaction score
Draft Insiders is a decent rag, not any worse than Kiper or PFW and they have a lot more players rated.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score

Derinyar

Reaction score
I just wonder how this guy is considered a great player when your having to go back a year to see game tape of the guy. Saying hes a once per 20 year CB seems ludacrious when in the last twenty years there are players like McAllister, Law, Bailey, Woodson, and Newman. And realize I haven't mentioned Sanders or Green yet.

So I would go so far as to say theres a good chance that Cromarte isn't even going to be the best CB in this draft class, if people really thought he was going to be that, he wouldn't be a late frirst or second round pick, or lower. If he though he could be one of the best in the game then he would go back for another year and come out and be a top 5 pick.