Crowded Tight End Room

RonWashington

Reaction score
The tight end competition behind Ferguson and since you have a 2 invested in Schoon he’s considered the back up for now .

Stephens & Spann Ford should be an interesting battle for spot 3 perhaps part of the 47 on game day , Out with a shoulder I think Peyton Hendershot is gone as cuts to roster start happening .

Will this offense utilize a 3rd TE regular season in the offensive package I would think so . When and if either Stephens or Spann Ford are cut they won’t make it to the PS they get picked up I’m sure if it .

Chasing6

Reaction score
The tight end competition behind Ferguson and since you have a 2 invested in Schoon he’s considered the back up for now .

Stephens & Spann Ford should be an interesting battle for spot 3 perhaps part of the 47 on game day , Out with a shoulder I think Peyton Hendershot is gone as cuts to roster start happening .

Will this offense utilize a 3rd TE regular season in the offensive package I would think so . When and if either Stephens or Spann Ford are cut they won’t make it to the PS they get picked up I’m sure if it .
We will keep the better blocker. Hopefully we could trade Hendershot.

rambo2

Reaction score

It will be interesting.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Between Stephens, Spann Ford and Hendershot, Hendershot is the best route runner. But...Stephens and Spann Ford are decent pass catchers but definitely better blockers. It will be interesting to see who who makes the 53, who gets moved to the practice squad and who gets outright cut.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Luepke reportedly expanded his game into TE area
Getting some snaps there in camp
and this may help Ferguson and the entire offense by adding this dimension to his game. The only question might be, after we sign CD, what will the RB room be like? Imagine, if we have a decent rb group and are effective, just how balanced this team might be on game days. We could surprise the bobbling heads on TV that think we won't be very good.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Between Stephens, Spann Ford and Hendershot, Hendershot is the best route runner. But...Stephens and Spann Ford are decent pass catchers but definitely better blockers. It will be interesting to see who who makes the 53, who gets moved to the practice squad and who gets outright cut.

Was it NJ Tuna who famously said “ you can’t make the team from the trainers room “

Goes for Hendershot and Edoga .

rambo2

Reaction score
They kept 4 most of last year so I would expect:

Ferguson
Schoonmaker
Stephens
Spann-Ford

They like Fant as well, probably on the practice squad though.
Fant was wide open for a td against the Rams and Lance didn't throw it to him.

Havic

Reaction score
I think we carry 3 this year considering I think we have a lot of good depth in the secondary