Crowded Tight End Room

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's crazy how Hendershot just drop like a rock to the bottom of the lake you don't hear his name at all good bad or indifferent is he even on the team? haven't heard of," hey look at one catch in practice".... dude making it on the practice field?. It's almost like they're trying to bubble wrap him, so they don't have to pay an injury settlement and they're going to cut him... We are probably too deep in a tight end depending on the injuries you know to the offensive line and whatnot of how many we can actually keep, so we may end up losing 1 or 2...happens..

Creeper

Reaction score
The tight end competition behind Ferguson and since you have a 2 invested in Schoon he’s considered the back up for now .

Stephens & Spann Ford should be an interesting battle for spot 3 perhaps part of the 47 on game day , Out with a shoulder I think Peyton Hendershot is gone as cuts to roster start happening .

Will this offense utilize a 3rd TE regular season in the offensive package I would think so . When and if either Stephens or Spann Ford are cut they won’t make it to the PS they get picked up I’m sure if it .
The could put Hendershot on IR to save him. If one of the other TEs gets nicked up they could suffer the same fate.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fant was wide open for a td against the Rams and Lance didn't throw it to him.
You can't keep everyone and you're goanna lose one or two of these guys and I don't think they have trade value though...

other teams know you're going to cut them just like we're going to find some running backs before game one that we might take I mean look at The Jets and MIa and some other rosters where they over drafted and already had really good starters at running back they're not going to be able to trade these guys or maybe they'll get a 7th but teams know they're going to have to let them go and I've been keeping my eye on those just like people might be keeping an eye on our tight ends not a lot of trade value even if they have value to the team don't overhype these guys...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The tight end competition behind Ferguson and since you have a 2 invested in Schoon he’s considered the back up for now .

Stephens & Spann Ford should be an interesting battle for spot 3 perhaps part of the 47 on game day , Out with a shoulder I think Peyton Hendershot is gone as cuts to roster start happening .

Will this offense utilize a 3rd TE regular season in the offensive package I would think so . When and if either Stephens or Spann Ford are cut they won’t make it to the PS they get picked up I’m sure if it .
Look, me handsome mateys, I have a special interest in the TE situation.
You see, with our lame-o playoffs-pathetic QB, we need Fergie to continue being Dak's security blanket.
Without Fergie and capable backup TEs, Dak is a hack and won't succeed.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I like us going long at TE this year. Concerned about Schoon at this point, but he gets one more year to develop IMO.

Ferg
Schoon
Stephens
Spann-Ford

Fant to PS

Hendershot is a cut or trade

plasticman

Reaction score
Six TE's

Five of them are 25 years old.

Schoonmaker is 26 years old.

If the Cowboys don't trade at least one TE then they will be forced to cut legitimate talent.

Holler is probably the only one capable of clearing waivers.