Crying about the draft?

dfense

Reaction score
I have to laugh at the posts complaining about the draft picks. Why waste a third on a backup TE? Why take Felix over Mendenhall? Why no WR?

Personally, getting Pacman, Jones and Jenkins were more than enough to make this draft.

The Cowboys glaring weakness last year was CB play. Especially in the nickel. Teams just started spreading the Cowboys every chance they got, even if it meant taking Roy off the field. So just toss that "Roy's the problem" shpeel out for now. The whole coverage scheme was like a bad prevent movie.

Now they have several legit CB's. That is absolutely huge. Wait til you see the difference Pacman will make when he takes Henry's job the first week of camp. Teams will start throwing at Newman instead. Night and day.

Here's another, ALL THE WR'S WERE CRAP as far as contribution goes. 32 teams passed on the best WR available. What does that say? It's 50/50 to get a guy who can start in maybe a year or two from now. FA is the best way to go for getting a wide out. Ask Randy Moss, T.O., Plaxico, and Welker. How many receivers on the Patriot's team did they actually draft?

Let's see how Washington's brand new rookie receivers in a new offensive scheme do against Pacman and Newman a couple weeks in to the season.

Pacman's going to treat them like an ugly pole dancer.

Should they have taken Mendenhall? Who knows? Wait a year and then decide. There's not that big a difference between them and Mendenhall might be a one year wonder.

Obviously, there was something about Fasano they didn't like. He had the injury bug and just had surgery. He had a lot of dumb penalties at times. So they replaced him with a third rounder. Who else was there at that point? A WR who could beat out Miles Austin? Doubt it.

I think the Cowboys not only solved their biggest problem, they buried it. I thought Jerry did a great job. He jumped at the right time to get a great corner who San Diego was ready to pounce on, and showed the patience to let his RB come to him at 22. Sometimes I think he can't win no matter what he does.

With a team like Dallas has, anybody after the 4th pick will be lucky to land a spot on this team.

Props to Jerra :bow:

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
You need to understand.
We know more about everything than Jerry, ok?
That's why we endlessly complain. He doesn't know anything.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
dfense;2059900 said:
Pacman's going to treat them like an ugly pole dancer.

This is a candidate for one-liner of the year and is in desperate need of a photoshopped picture illustrating what such an occurrence would look like.

Just imagine Pacman standing over Malcolm Kelly, dropping a few 10s on him.