Culpepper thinking of unretiring.

boyz04

Reaction score
YoMick;2369340 said:
A few months back he was writing letter(s?) to the teams in the NFL... some of us were poking fun at that then... lol

I watched him when he was here in Minnesota...And the guy blows, Randy Moss made him look like a superstar...Heck i am surprised he didn't fumble the pen while he was writing, and u guys think Romo fumbles alot...Wait to u see this cat.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
It's like that thanksgiving day game that 3rd string Garrett had to play against the Packers back in the hayday.. like his wife told him, which was a total success. "THROW IT UP HIGH!" The only difference this time is Roy Williams is Alvin Harper AND nobody will out jump him for the ball!

Run a lot and throw it up high for Roy to go up and get. I personally think this might be our only chance on offense without Romo. We can't get fancy with the play calling.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Texan_Eph89;2369313 said:
He'd be better than Bollinger, definitely better than a 45.5 Brad Johnson.
So?

:laugh2:

Culpepper should not think...just causes him problems :laugh1:

I think we should bring back the wish-bone offense;)

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
To continue on with my first post in this thread..

Culpepper might possibly be great here in Dallas due to what I was suggesting in my last post. After all, tall and able to jump is exactly and pretty much all Randy Moss was/is, and Culpepper had his only success with that. Roy Williams if used right could be just as much all that to Culpepper.

At the end of the day though; hell, anything is better than Brad Johnson! Lets get Stanbach back there or something. Or seriously, what about Crayton? We need someone who can avoid the rush seeing as how our Oline has lost all competence in the world.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
boyz04;2370116 said:
I watched him when he was here in Minnesota...And the guy blows, Randy Moss made him look like a superstar...Heck i am surprised he didn't fumble the pen while he was writing, and u guys think Romo fumbles alot...Wait to u see this cat.

Yeah... as soon as Moss left he stunk it up and stayed in pocket too long and get literally broken in half at the knees.

Moss made George, Brad, Daunte look like Superstar QB's.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2370158 said:
It's like that thanksgiving day game that 3rd string Garrett had to play against the Packers back in the hayday.. like his wife told him, which was a total success. "THROW IT UP HIGH!" The only difference this time is Roy Williams is Alvin Harper AND nobody will out jump him for the ball!

Run a lot and throw it up high for Roy to go up and get. I personally think this might be our only chance on offense without Romo. We can't get fancy with the play calling.

Roy #11 doesn't understand the playbook. I'm redball I get the ball to TO, MB3, Witten, Crayton, Felix cat first

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Nors;2370204 said:
Roy #11 doesn't understand the playbook. I'm redball I get the ball to TO, MB3, Witten, Crayton, Felix cat first

Well we need to get him involved, even if it's just creating a few plays specifically for him to do just that and go up high. And personally, I don't think Brad knows the playbook well enough to be spreading it around to all our main guys like Romo did. We need to also alter all of their stuff to work more with him, not the other way around. If Jason doesn't start getting creative with the offensive playbook, that's when I fear this season is having the towel thrown in on it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Nors;2370204 said:

Roy needs to get ball in his hands... he needs a taste.

Cowboys2008;2370216 said:
Well we need to get him involved, even if it's just creating a few plays specifically for him to do just that and go up high. And personally, I don't think Brad knows the playbook well enough to be spreading it around to all our main guys like Romo did. We need to also alter all of their stuff to work more with him, not the other way around. If Jason doesn't start getting creative with the offensive playbook, that's when I fear this season is having the towel thrown in on it.

Agreed. I am tired of using our GREAT Players as decoys or blocking downfield. We have TWO playmakers at WR now... get them the ball.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2370216 said:

Well if you don't think Brad knows it well enough then what exactly do you tihnk Dante is going to know about it?

Exactly. Nothing.

At this point bringing in another QB just because people don't like Brad would be absolutely useless. By the time Culpepper learned enough of the playbook to even be able to play Romo will have been back for two or three weeks.

It would be a wasted signing because he'd never get on the field before Tony was back anyway.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2369413 said:
This guy should have already been brought in to replace Brad... Brad is done.

Any QB is done if he has to play behind our under performing offensive line. Brad would be OK if he at least had some time to throw the ball.

cowboyspride

Reaction score
Fun to see the interest in him has increased since he ended his active career. I do not know exactly whether it is a good sign. But if he comes back so I wish him the best luck.

Kansas City Chiefs anyone?

boyz04

Reaction score
YoMick;2370202 said:
Yeah... as soon as Moss left he stunk it up and stayed in pocket too long and get literally broken in half at the knees.

Moss made George, Brad, Daunte look like Superstar QB's.

Yup the Vikes screwed up and got rid of the wrong guy...lol

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
I will probally get flamed, but I feel Brooks will give us a better shot at winning than Brad. Brooks is ALOT more mobile.. he is really the best mobile QB we have ( not best on run, but more MOBILE than Tony):D