Curb Your Enthusiasm is back

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
That is one of the few HBO's shows I don't care for. It's probably because I never liked Seinfeld. I'm probably the only person who has never watched Seinfeld.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
That is one of the few HBO's shows I don't care for. It's probably because I never liked Seinfeld. I'm probably the only person who has never watched Seinfeld.

If you never watched it, how do you know you don't like it?

I know several people that did not watch it when it was on, that have caught a show or two in syndication and now they are hooked.

It was by far in away the best sitcom ever, IMO.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
If you never watched it, how do you know you don't like it?

I know several people that did not watch it when it was on, that have caught a show or two in syndication and now they are hooked.

It was by far in away the best sitcom ever, IMO.
I don't like Jerry Seinfeld, the main character, so why would I like it? :D

blindzebra

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I don't like Jerry Seinfeld, the main character, so why would I like it? :D

Because George, Kramer, Elaine and all the role players like Newman, the Costanzas, Steinbrenner, Mr.Pitt, Puddy, Jackie Childs, Jerry's parents, Uncle Leo, etc are what make the show.

Jerry was the least funny character on the show, he was mostly a straight man that the whackiness circled.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Because George, Kramer, Elaine and all the role players like Newman, the Costanzas, Steinbrenner, Mr.Pitt, Puddy, Jackie Childs, Jerry's parents, Uncle Leo, etc are what make the show.

Jerry was the least funny character on the show, he was mostly a straight man that the whackiness circled.

Got all the seasons so far on DVD. Kramer was THE MAN. I loved that show. He and Newman. LOL. :bow:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:

Agreed...he was the only character on that show I did not like.

I am like those you described as well....the first season I did not like Seinfeld so I did not tune in....but I did catch a few of the first season and did not care for it.

A few years later I caught some of the shows in syndication and fell in love with the show.

Like you said George, Newman Kramer Elaine...actually about any of them besides Jerry made that show.

So many great shows and lines.

Great show that at one time I refused to watch because I never cared for Jerry...I am glad I gave it a try after a time because it truly is one of the greatest comedies.

I never got to see the prior seasons of Curb your enthusiasm so I don't know if I would even have a clue to the show now...but I may start watching it as I have heard nothing but great reviews from people like you raving about it.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Agreed...he was the only character on that show I did not like.

I am like those you described as well....the first season I did not like Seinfeld so I did not tune in....but I did catch a few of the first season and did not care for it.

A few years later I caught some of the shows in syndication and fell in love with the show.

Like you said George, Newman Kramer Elaine...actually about any of them besides Jerry made that show.

So many great shows and lines.

Great show that at one time I refused to watch because I never cared for Jerry...I am glad I gave it a try after a time because it truly is one of the greatest comedies.

I never got to see the prior seasons of Curb your enthusiasm so I don't know if I would even have a clue to the show now...but I may start watching it as I have heard nothing but great reviews from people like you raving about it.

The George character is based on Larry David.

This show is just Seinfeld with an R-rating. Each show has an outline and they improvise the rest.

You want caught up?

Larry has a gentile wife and that causes him problems because he's Jewish.

Larry has an agent who he gets into trouble with all the time because his agent's wife hates him, the agent's parents hate him too.

Larry's best friend is Richard Lewis.

His wife is friends with Wanda Sikes, who thinks Larry has issues with black people.

It follows the same Seinfeld story line, it is a show about nothing.