Curious Peter King MMQB blurb

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
7. I think this is what I didn't like about Week 16:

a. Are you kidding me, Miles Austin?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is he referring to? When he fumbled by switching the ball to his left arm? We recovered that anyway. I hope he's not blaming him for Romo's overthrow, because that was all on Tony.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
that is odd.

that throw was on romo and he missed it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2519348 said:
that is odd.

I know. Is King blind? Makes me think he's referring to something else.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
You're trying to get into the mind of a child.

Do we have any social workers or kindergarten teachers on this board?

Maybe they can pull back the veil and take us inside the mind of Peter King.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2519349 said:
I know. Is King blind? Makes me think he's referring to something else.

I dont remember anything else.

Maybe he felt he didnt run through the ball or something? There is no question romo simply missed that though.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theebs;2519348 said:
that is odd.

Here's the thing about Peter King -- he really is an idiot. I'm not just saying that, when you hear him speak it is abundantly clear he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He is the Chris Berman of sports reporters -- he has been so busy patting himself on the back that he has let his brain turn into a big pile of egotistical goo.

JPM

Reaction score
Maybe it's because Austin was even on the field and Tony threw to him, King probably think Romo should throw to TO, Witten, or Roy. Dallas has no other recievers in his mind.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
He is absolutely talking about Austins fumble. Regardless if we recovered it or not, that should never happen. He didnt even get hit, and he just dropped the ball at a key point in the game.

That was definitely a play where I said, "Are you kidding me" only with a few curse words thrown in there.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Peter King is a Farve maniac. He also is one who votes against Bob Hayes on the HOF ballots. The big ol' dummy.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
King is pretty good at field hockey and softball game analysis...

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Peter King said Albert Haynesworth wouldn't even receive a suspension after stomping on Gurode's head. Haynesworth was then suspended for 5 games.

Yeah, he knows what he's talking about.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
bbgun;2519345 said:
7. I think this is what I didn't like about Week 16:

a. Are you kidding me, Miles Austin?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is he referring to? When he fumbled by switching the ball to his left arm? We recovered that anyway. I hope he's not blaming him for Romo's overthrow, because that was all on Tony.

Sherman was seen lecturing Austin after the play. Had he turned his route more toward the post, it would have shortened the angle, allowing him to make up that one step. He simply ran the route at too sharp of an angle, creating the overthrow.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2519620 said:
Sherman was seen lecturing Austin after the play. Had he turned his route more toward the post, it would have shortened the angle, allowing him to make up that one step. He simply ran the route at too sharp of an angle, creating the overthrow.

If this is indeed true, thanks for the insight. Didnt even think of it that way.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2519624 said:
If this is indeed true, thanks for the insight. Didnt even think of it that way.

They showed it on TV right after the play. He was talking to Austin and motioning toward the post with his hand.