Current FA and former Cowboys CB Stephon Gilmore is gearing up for his next opportunity in the NFL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who cares. He played very well last year with us until his injury.

Lewis is very mediocre in coverage. Gilmore is a huge upgrade in coverage.

If Diggs is healthy. Diggs , Bland, and Gilly would give us the best trio of corners in the league. If the money is close I would try to make it happen!!!!!

Dominant CB’s make a huge difference to a defense!!!
but again. if he is so much better, why is he still out there? 31 other teams are saying no thanks.

and is he still injured? was he really better than Lewis? he was once great, but he was average last year.

dominant DL make a bigger difference on a defense. if you give a QB 8 seconds to throw the ball, even sanders would struggle.

plymkr

Reaction score
No free cap.
How much do you think he would get? What was his salary last year? I’d love to sign him but I think Stephen and Jerry won’t pay more than vet minimum for him. I do wonder what his value is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His age is bad but he’s still a top 15- 20’corner..

Someone will sign him.
is he though? you want to tell me 31 other teams are passing on a top 20 corner, where every team needs at least 3. so that's a need for CB for 93 positions. that includes KC, Philly, SF, etc.

some one will. probably. mid camp. but if he top 15-20 and sitting out there. doesn't make sense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think he's looking for a starting role which the Cowboys can't offer and it would require more money than they would be willing to pay. He's probably going to wait for an injury around the league.
Yeah if he waits too long though his money be non guaranteed after game one that's what teams are waiting you act like all these players have a choice he's coming off an injury at his age asking for 10 million that's more than tyron Smith got he's out there because of his demands his age and the fact they don't know if one hit on that shoulder put them back out... It would be nice if somehow he ends up back here if he lasts long enough and he's willing to take a little less maybe something like 4 million base with a way to earn back that other 6,000,000 by playing time and not ending up on IR like any injury wipes out anything over $4 million and playing time can earn money back... For guys his age that's what they should be looking to get so that's why he's still sitting out there and this is not on the Jones family please I hear that all the time this man's still out there because all 32 teams have left him out there...

blueblood70

Reaction score
..would be great for DB insurance. Who knows how Diggs will respond.

THose ACL's are tricky.
They are tricky but there's a lot of positive players like Adrian Peterson I even watched the receiver from Tampa Bay who got hurt the same time Gallup did come back and have like over 90 catches and over 1000 yards and even though he wasn't full he didn't have the same setbacks that Gallup I realized that some of our players have had some setbacks that doesn't mean diggs isn't gonna come out game one get his legs under him and then be right back at it as the season goes on becomes stronger at least Terrence Steele came back and played the entire season and he got better I think diggs could end up being like Adrian Peterson we don't know if he's gonna end up like Gallup or steele...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
is he though? you want to tell me 31 other teams are passing on a top 20 corner, where every team needs at least 3. so that's a need for CB for 93 positions. that includes KC, Philly, SF, etc.

some one will. probably. mid camp. but if he top 15-20 and sitting out there. doesn't make sense.
Usually older players have something done and are waiting for something better because they don’t want to go to camp.

Older players don’t like training camp.

blueblood70

Reaction score
so he is still out there. 32 teams are saying no thanks? hmmmm
yeah it's no mystery you put the Dallas Cowboys name in it because that's the only way it's a big story no one ever brings in the perspective that he's out there because he's asking for too much money at his age coming off an injury I hope he does end up back here somehow and and it's definitely possible why doesn't he just come in and offer a structured contract why don't you bet on yourself if if you have confidence that you're not too old not too injured and take 4 million base and then earn your other 6,000,000 back by not landing on IR not missing games whether you're starting or not if you're healthy and available you can earn money each game that that happens and you can get close to that $10 million you want.. That is how guys up in age that are about to have to retire should be looking at it but instead hey Dallas Cowboys suck because Joan sucks because they don't assign guys like this why haven't they snatched him up is the story and then I don't know why is he still out there to be snatched up....

Praxit

Reaction score
... This reminds me of the Jason Peters insurance plan. Instead of signing him for good insurance back up, they let him go.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Gilly was solid until his shoulder injury at the end of the season. Assuming he is healed, and the FO can find the cap space, I would welcome him back.

John813

Reaction score
IMO:

1. I doubt he wants to sign for any team at this stage. Probably being picky at this point too. Why sign with a team that is bound to go 2-15?

2. I also think he may not care to be there for the entire training camp unless of course one team pays him well enough to be there on time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Wouldn't signing Gilmore go against Jerry's master plan? I have heard it hear many times he is not giving certain poeple on his payroll help this season.....This is vendictive Jerry! "Show me up for the 28th time in 30 years and here is what you get!"

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Yea right, he’s on the beach doing a few exercises. By the way working out in sand is horrible for your knees.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
His age is bad but he’s still a top 15- 20’corner..

Someone will sign him.
mickey_1469164507654_9667220_ver1.0.jpg