Currently own iPhone 7. shall I go for iPhone SE or wait for September?

Shunpike

Reaction score
Never owned a Samsung or any other Android phones. iPhone user since inception. Currently I am on my iPhone 7. iPhone SE seems intriguing with price point ($400 for lowest model). Not a tech savvy guy. Use my phone for taking pictures, calendar, emails and light web browsing and also for music (Apple music)

My biggest dilemma is the pictures.

Will an iPhone SE be good enough for next 2-3 years or no?

What would you tech savvy friends say?

Dunks3001

Reaction score
From your description of how you use your phone it sounds like the SE would be the perfect fit. Apple released the SE with the latest software and Chip that it's pro models have. So yes, it will be supported with software updates for the next 3+ years. The only reason to wait till Sept is if you want the new flagship phones that will have all the new features but also cost twice as much. Also a lot of carriers should accept trade in's for your iPhone 7 and lower the price of the SE even more. If you're looking for review videos on youtube (always a good start) I recommend the one below

Shunpike

Reaction score
From your description of how you use your phone it sounds like the SE would be the perfect fit. Apple released the SE with the latest software and Chip that it's pro models have. So yes, it will be supported with software updates for the next 3+ years. The only reason to wait till Sept is if you want the new flagship phones that will have all the new features but also cost twice as much. Also a lot of carriers should accept trade in's for your iPhone 7 and lower the price of the SE even more. If you're looking for review videos on youtube (always a good start) I recommend the one below

Awesome video. Thanks for posting. I got answers to all of my questions but decided to wait out September. Turns out camera is OK but not outstanding. Considering this new phone will be used at least 3 years by me, I rather spend extra in September and get the new one. :)