Cushing suspended 10 games for PEDS

joseephuss

Reaction score
Most PEDs are taken for healing and quick recovery purposes, not for enhancement purposes. They're trying to get on the field and stay there.

You could say it enhances their recovery and healing.

I think football players and athletes in general should be able to take what they want. It is their body. Let them get the most out of it. Since it is against the rules, if you get caught then deal with the repercussions. Plus it should be pretty easy to not get caught in the NFL. I see the suspensions as a punishment for actually being dumb enough to get caught more than actual usage.

csirl

Reaction score
What sports? Track and field? The Olympics are every 4 years, so a 2 year ban wouldn't necessarily prevent the athlete from missing the Olympics or some of the other major events.

Standard rules for the vast majority of sports, including most professional sports worldwide. Most sports are signed up to World Anti Doping Association rules.

While there are a lot of athletes in a lot of sports trying to cheat , if/when they are caught appropriate suspensions kick in.

US sports in general have an extremely poor attitude to anti-doping. I think it sends a very negative message to young athletes.

John813

Reaction score
What sports? Track and field? The Olympics are every 4 years, so a 2 year ban wouldn't necessarily prevent the athlete from missing the Olympics or some of the other major events.

There was a hockey player in the KHL(IIRC) that got banned for 2 years recently. But I believe he can play in the NHL this year.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Bomani Jones made a great point. There were suspicions about him being a cheater during the draft process. It didn't matter. But God forbid there be some rumblings about a kid smoking weed, he's untouchable. Guess it's better to be a cheater than a "drug user" even though the penalties are much stiffer for cheating.

ghst187

Reaction score
The wire service story in the Oklahoman reported that he was suspended in 2010 for "testing positive for a fertility drug."

Does this mean he identifies as female and was taking birth control pills?

I am old and having trouble keeping up with the 21st Century.

He should play that angle up these days, he might win an appeal

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
55810.jpg