Cut Brad Johnson tonight and sign

Givincer

Reaction score
jobberone;2360497 said:
Do you understand what happened yesterday? Do you know why Johnson had a hard time. If they don't get the protection problem in hand then no one is going to have an easy time. Even with Romo here he was laying it on the ground and getting hurt. And though his numbers were still good not many QBs were going to have those numbers. And still his game was off some.

The issue yesterday was not just the line, it was Brad Johnson's arm, as well.

I don't think Romo is off. But even if he has been, don't you think it can be attributed entirely to the offensive line's sub par play? I mean, makes sense.

Romo takes those plays on which he gets undue pressure and turns them into big plays. He has the ability to escape pressure, and that's the only reason this team wins at all. With Romo, we always have a chance on third and long, because we know when the defense gets pressure (yes, 'when,' not 'if') Romo has a very good chance of escaping it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Brad Johnson was washed up 4 years ago and is 40. He has no arm and gives us no chance to win. Why is that on our roster?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I thought Kelly Holcomb would make a great backup.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
yrades;2360850 said:
What's Vinnie doing nowdays?

Vinnie is far < Bledsoe as an option
He could not win in 2004 and pushing 44-45?

Give me any live arm and or hope - not Brad Johnson.

mperfection

Reaction score
Nors;2360468 said:
Hos - you like stories

I did not see the game, read play by play, highlights and all accounts of. Last night was surreal. Injuries, inept play, coaching, GM. Like a spiraling plane. That turned to Monday morning upset stomach flat out sick feeling I get for a day after a loss or calamity like series of events.

Now, I am damn mad about this. This team is too good for this to be happening. Bead Johnson just can't play, bringing in Bollinger was as much admitting that. Cut him, seriously cut him. Bledsoe probably won't answer the phone but get someone else in there. But make the call and make a few more. Jimmy Johnson would have cut a player or two after this mess to send a message.

I'm about as fired up mad as I have been since the Campo era.

Agreed - except for Bledsoe, I think? It's time to move from disappointed to flat out angry!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jarv;2361371 said:
I thought Kelly Holcomb would make a great backup.

Or even a Jeff Garcia - he can carry a team for a few weeks or more at least. JJ was not proactive and its putting 2008 season at risk if Romo is out extended.