Cut or trade Tyron Smith La’el let FA walk and get 3rd round comp picks

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gregory, Schultz, Neal, Williams of these 4 randy is likely the highest paid player. but will it be enough to earn the 3rd round comp pick? Maybe, but I doubt the other 3 will be close. Like multiple people said you won't get those picks till 2023. There are plenty of holes on this team that need to be filled before you go creating more with OL cuts right now. Draft 1st, then add some FA to address needs and then see where you are at, that's what they typically do with some restructures.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like Steele at LT and moving on from Tyron. Draft a center and LG.

I dont think Steele is good enough for LT. Personally I move Martin over the LT, let Steele play RT. Then I redo the inside of the line.

Guards are easier to find.

visionary

Reaction score
Dallas will be able to get around two- three third round comp picks for letting, Gregory, Schultz, Neal, Williams, and other FA lost in the off-season.

Use those picks to get a legit OL whether its the top rated, guard, center or DT. Move Steele to LT or RT depending on which side has the whole from trade or cut.

My main FA to re-sing is Kearse and use the remaining draft picks to pick up Speedy sub 4.3 WR, LB and a true NT.

Is there a limit on stupid thread starts? There should be

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I never understood why McCarthy didn't leave Steel at RT. The guy was playing great. They should of moved Collins to tackle. Idiot coaches on this team and we wonder why we lose. Collins couldn't of played no worse then Connor.

offlimits

Reaction score
Dallas will be able to get around two- three third round comp picks for letting, Gregory, Schultz, Neal, Williams, and other FA lost in the off-season.

Use those picks to get a legit OL whether its the top rated, guard, center or DT. Move Steele to LT or RT depending on which side has the whole from trade or cut.

My main FA to re-sing is Kearse and use the remaining draft picks to pick up Speedy sub 4.3 WR, LB and a true NT.

Silly. So you would just tank the 2022 season?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

This would not be for this coming up draft.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
First two round picks should be best Guard or Center. Then we should be fine. Can't draft All Pros in 5 positions especially in one season, but we can patch our weakest points.

mardwin

Reaction score
Nomination for dumbest post of 2022 so far.

.....leave it to the Dak fanboys to point fingers every direction but the QB

Everyone knows the root cause of the underachieving team. Starts with a QB that doesn't elevate anyone's game.

mardwin

Reaction score
Gregory, Schultz, Neal, Williams of these 4 randy is likely the highest paid player. but will it be enough to earn the 3rd round comp pick? Maybe, but I doubt the other 3 will be close. Like multiple people said you won't get those picks till 2023. There are plenty of holes on this team that need to be filled before you go creating more with OL cuts right now. Draft 1st, then add some FA to address needs and then see where you are at, that's what they typically do with some restructures.

Randy is not going anywhere, he had an awful game but the defense still held the niners to 23 points. Every team that won in the playoff so far scored more than 23 points except the niners.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Randy is not going anywhere, he had an awful game but the defense still held the niners to 23 points. Every team that won in the playoff so far scored more than 23 points except the niners.

I don't think so either unless he gets hit with a massive deal. I mean they already need to address DLAW's contract so it really depends on how much randy wants and how stephen decides to build his contract. Easily doable if they want.