News: Cutting Ties With Tyrone Crawford In The Best Interest Of The Cowboys?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
The rights to cut a player that is under contract is built into the CBA and player contracts.

The rights for players to holdout is not in the legal documents. It is a breech of contract for player to holdout.
No it's not. There are fines built into the contract for holding out. That sets the cost for the action.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we needed the cap space I would be on board, but we don’t, plus he’s better than Taco, and provides depth on the edge and in the middle. A player being younger and cheaper doesn’t automatically make him more worthwhile.
Maybe I need to reconsider ...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We don’t need his leadership. It’s just a bonus. Nothing more.

If you have younger players that can do his job then you have to show guys like Zeke, Lawrence, and Dak what happens when they take these giant contracts.

Crawford has been a real solid guy for us when healthy but now may be the time to let him go if it truly does save us that much cap space over the next 2 seasons.

It seems like a no Brainer.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
A holdout is a breech of contract.

Cutting a player is NOT a breech of contract.
We're not talking about cutting players so that's IRRELEVANT.

Fines are built into the contract as a deterrent for holdouts. Preventative measure. It's not a breach of contract until those fines are not paid. As long as they are collected he is complying with his contract.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're not talking about cutting players so that's IRRELEVANT.

Fines are built into the contract as a deterrent for holdouts. Preventative measure. It's not a breach of contract until those fines are not paid. As long as they are collected he is complying with his contract.
The wording in the contract with regards to the fines says the player is in breech of contract.

blueblood70

Reaction score
i was against it but more and more watching the DL depth i can see where they could be thinking they have Crawford 2.0 for cheap right now in Hyder is looking great!! Motor power speed etc..seems to just be around the QB or ball..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t need his leadership. It’s just a bonus. Nothing more.

Crawford has been a real solid guy for us when healthy but now may be the time to let him go if it truly does save us that much cap space over the next 2 seasons.

It seems like a no Brainer.
That is because it is a no brainer.