Signed by Cowboys CW: Cowboys agree to terms with K Lirim Hajrullahu

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
From Mickey Spagnola:

· Kick Around: Don't read too much into the Cowboys likely hooking up with free-agent kicker Lirim Hajrullahu, a four-year veteran of the CFL where he kicked the Grey Cup-winning field goal in 2017 for Toronto. This likely has nothing to do with veteran kicker Greg Zuerlein still on PUP or any anxiety caused by no field-goal attempts in team practice or a preseason game so far, rehabbing from his May back surgery. The Cowboys need a kicker for at least Saturday's preseason game against Houston since punter/kicker Hunter Niswander, who has handled punts and place kicks in the first two preseason games, has developed back soreness and won't be available. Niswander's injury settles what little punter competition might have developed, assuring Bryan Anger the job.

What in hell's bells is this.... first they drive Niswander into the ground doing P, PK and FG kicking duties and now they just kick him to the curb after developing back soreness. Wow, if i was Niswander i would feel lots of Anger. (yes pun intended).

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I wonder if we converted jaylon to a kicker would he survive the cut next year. With that flipper foot, he could probably be a HOF kicker. Tom Demsey had a half of a foot and held the record for the longest kick, just think what the flipper foot could do.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Anyone have a pronunciation on that name?

jake-peralta-squinting.gif

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Contestant: Alex, I'll have Exotic Kicker's Names for $800 please.
Alex Trebeck: He punched out Data for making out with the Borg's main squeeze.
Contestant: I can't even say his frickin' name.
Alex Trebeck: I'm sorry, you must state your answer in the form of a question.
Contestant: (Starting to grit his teeth and turn red) Whotheknowshowtosayit?
DING DING DING DING (delirious audience screaming and wild applause)
Alex Trebeck: That's absolutely correct. You are in the bonus round!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What in hell's bells is this.... first they drive Niswander into the ground doing P, PK and FG kicking duties and now they just kick him to the curb after developing back soreness. Wow, if i was Niswander i would feel lots of Anger. (yes pun intended).

Realistically, I believe Fassel only saw Niswander as a camp leg anyway. He seemed pretty set after we got Anger that he would be the punter. Same way Hajrullahu doesn't stand a chance against Zuerlein.

I like Fassel better than some, but I'm not a fan of not letting the best man win. Of course, Niswander can't win if he's hurt, but neither should Zuerlein just be guaranteed his spot.

For what it's worth, Niswander averaged 50.3 yards against Pittsburgh on three punts and 41.5 against Arizona on two. Anger had one punt for 48 yards against the Cardinals.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most important player on the offense......Hope he can kick!