News: CW: Cowboys News: Kearse set for comeback, Prescott sits out practice

blueblood70

Reaction score
hUh?Gallups, bad bathroom break, didn't see the actual details on that but we did ses Metcalf being carted to the facilities , rumor has it was clinching hard to try and get there on time LOL

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Kearse can have some of LVE's snaps.

He will take Mukuamu's and Bell's (well, actually Wilson will take theirs as Kearse returns to the hybrid S/LB role). LVE is a different part of this defense. We don't want one linebacker and four safeties out there. Right now, Wilson is playing the hybrid S/LB role with Bell/Mukuamu and Hooker in the traditional safety spots. As much as some seem to not like LVE, neither Kearse nor Wilson is a traditional linebacker who can stack and shed linemen in the running game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Put Kearse on Higbee and double Kupp and Stafford is going to have a long day!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
hUh?Gallups, bad bathroom break, didn't see the actual details on that but we did ses Metcalf being carted to the facilities , rumor has it was clinching hard to try and get there on time LOL
Can you please clarify on "Metcalf".

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He will take Mukuamu's and Bell's (well, actually Wilson will take theirs as Kearse returns to the hybrid S/LB role). LVE is a different part of this defense. We don't want one linebacker and four safeties out there. Right now, Wilson is playing the hybrid S/LB role with Bell/Mukuamu and Hooker in the traditional safety spots. As much as some seem to not like LVE, neither Kearse nor Wilson is a traditional linebacker who can stack and shed linemen in the running game.
We might against Philly

Last edited:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gallup missed history due to BR break?? Are they talking about him going to the Rangers game and not seeing A. Judge hit his record homerun?

CowboysRule

Reaction score

I'm not sure LVE is either.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We might against Philly

I don't think we will because if we don't handle their line and running game, then we can't get them in situations where the nickel/dime defense is most effective. We tend to play big on early downs with LVE and Parsons in at linebacker and Armstrong, Odighizuwa, Bohanna, Gallimore and Lawrence on the line, but obviously that's not hard and fast as we use multiple looks. It would be asking a lot of a safety to be one of the two linebackers in that look.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I really expect Kearse to reduce the number of snaps LVE is seeing the field, which is a great thing.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm not sure LVE is either.

LVE gets more flack than he deserves based on what Dallas is asking him to do in this scheme. He's not in an attack LB spot, we use Parsons for that. He's more in a safety valve LB spot. You can't have everyone attacking the line of scrimmage. Sometimes we use him that way to keep the offense off-balance, but when we do we have a different player drop into the safety valve role. We use Barr kind of like that at times, too, and then other times we use him in the Parsons role.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
LVE gets more flack than he deserves based on what Dallas is asking him to do in this scheme. He's not in an attack LB spot, we use Parsons for that. He's more in a safety valve LB spot. You can't have everyone attacking the line of scrimmage. Sometimes we use him that way to keep the offense off-balance, but when we do we have a different player drop into the safety valve role. We use Barr kind of like that at times, too, and then other times we use him in the Parsons role.
I agree, they ask him to drop a lot into a zone. I see LVE making a lot of plays when they ask him to as a rush LB. I can definitely see Kearse and 4 safeties on 3d down against Philly and one being a spy.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I agree, they ask him to drop a lot into a zone. I see LVE making a lot of plays when they ask him to as a rush LB. I can definitely see Kearse and 4 safeties on 3d down against Philly and one being a spy.

I don't see it because we generally use three corners in those situations, so you'd essentially have to take out all the LBs to have seven DBs on the field (other than Parsons as a pass rusher) and four total pass rushers. I think we want to keep either Barr or LVE out there at all times with Parsons. I do agree that we will likely have Kearse or Wilson playing a spy role against Philly.