News: CW: Cowboys' offseason process not loved universally

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pro Football Focus gave the Cowboys a B- for their offseason work. Considering how unique this offseason has felt, that grade won’t sit right with many fans.
Doesn't matter one bit to me. I don't feel like they know or understand what the team is trying to build. They only base this grade of of what THEY think the Cowboys should do.
If the site wasn’t impressed with this offseason for the Cowboys, they probably haven’t thought much of the team’s last 10 or so off-season’s in Dallas.
The site also failed to recognize the Cowboys were also able to re-sign their key free agents.
Not overspending on a mediocre group in free agency should be seen as a positive.
giphy.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't care about draft grades before any draft pick has taken the field. It is guesswork. The Cowboys offseason rates and A+ compared to off seasons of the past. They filled holes, re-signed the players they needed to sign and did not throw good draft picks away on bad players. Now, we still have to wait and see how this all plays out during the season but at least this year they seemed to be trying.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has been a solid off-season. Maybe not spectacular according to some, and others it was pretty darn good. I don't think many will say it was horrible.
Well, maybe some on here would.

I think retaining Quinn and dumping Moore was the two biggest and best moves of them all. But does that get us the the NFCCG or SB. Remains to be seen.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Cowboy homers will love the off-season whereas realists will recognize that with the Chief Choker at QB it doesn't matter what the team does.

shabazz

Reaction score
Headline says universally, then article proceeds to mention 1 site lol.
the “newsreadery” site promises to block out bias, politiks, paywall and other irritants but it doesn’t promise to deliver anything actually newsworthy or profound

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if some posters here are not loved universally and thus we get what we get here. I'm not saying they're all in Dak threads but ....

Momanpr100

Reaction score
the “newsreadery” site promises to block out bias, politiks, paywall and other irritants but it doesn’t promise to deliver anything actually newsworthy or profound
Do you know what universally means?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fairly comfortable that after years of futility jerry finally has some football people around him

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Grades before we see the results are useless, good or bad.

Speaking for myself, knowing the holes that were at both the WR spot and the corner opposite Diggs… the additions of Cooks and Gilmore very much are good moves.

The draft was fine IMO and I think the first three picks will help the team significantly. Smith will provide something at DT that Dallas has been missing for years… that in itself excites me about what the defense can be.

However, we need to see it before we can say it was a great pick… just like all of the draft picks.

Essentially, I just don’t pay much attention to junk like this.

T-RO

Reaction score
Cowboy homers will love the off-season whereas realists will recognize that with the Chief Choker at QB it doesn't matter what the team does.
If you can't stop constantly ranting about your one-dimensional opinion in every thread...gonna pull your plug. Set to Ignore. Doubt I'm alone.

shabazz

Reaction score
The article refers to the off season not being universally loved, thus you only need one counter example to prove this assertion since "universally loved" would mean you would find no counter examples.
And boom goes the dynamite. They presented something as unique as flatulence.

EST_1986

Reaction score
All players should be like kickers and wait until the middle of training camp to sign