News: CW: Jabril Cox, Isaiah Land, Houston among cut Cowboys signed by new teams

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cox and Houston were signed to practice squads so I am guessing they either did not get offers from Dallas, or they decided Dallas was not the place for them.
Exactly. Cox was a healthy scratch for a good portion of 2022. It's clear he doesn't fit what the Cowboys wanted him to do.

conner01

Reaction score
Cox and Houston were signed to practice squads so I am guessing they either did not get offers from Dallas, or they decided Dallas was not the place for them.
Cox needed to go somewhere else and it’s probably best for Houston considering who’s in front of him
I kinda liked Houston and I loved Cox coming out but he’s done nothing

Creeper

Reaction score
Cox needed to go somewhere else and it’s probably best for Houston considering who’s in front of him
I kinda liked Houston and I loved Cox coming out but he’s done nothing
I honestly do not believe Cox was given the opportunity last year to prove himself. Somewhere along the line the Cowboys soured on him, and I am assuming Cox felt it so he moved on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jabril needed a fresh start because what he shows on tape in Dallas is not what he showed on LSU. Maybe he can fulfill his potential in Washington.

conner01

Reaction score
I honestly do not believe Cox was given the opportunity last year to prove himself. Somewhere along the line the Cowboys soured on him, and I am assuming Cox felt it so he moved on.
Best thing for him. Something just wasn’t working here

Creeper

Reaction score
Probably tough for Cox to watch Clark come out of the same school later in the draft and immediately get on the field after a big injury.
There was a place for Cox last year but the Cowboys decided to go out and get Barr. That was before Cox came back from injury. But once Barr was on the roster, Cox got no playing time. We'll see how he does in Washington.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
so much for the “we over estimate our guys and there is no risk they sign elsewhere” crowd.
All but Land signed to other teams practice squads so its not like we cant resign them to the 53 if we desire. Thats of course assuming theyre not protected that week.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
so much for the “we over estimate our guys and there is no risk they sign elsewhere” crowd.
LOL,,, doesn't mean they are gonna be ALL Pros.....you people sure get ahead of yourself. I do think they screwed up with Land though. Needs development but that's why you have the PS. Cox and Houston will bounce around the league.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Probably tough for Cox to watch Clark come out of the same school later in the draft and immediately get on the field after a big injury.
Jabril Cox would never have been anything here except a ST player. They convince these guys to stay here when they're better suited for a team like the Commanders, because, well, they suck, too.

James Houston was one of the reasons we lost to Tampa game 1 last year. He's just not that good either.

Losing Land sucks a bit. But that was his test. My understanding is he walked after a handshake deal. Good riddance. Look what Juanyeh Thomas did last year, and then this year. These instant gratification guys can all go, if they don't want to work hard.

Get in where you fit in. Off to loser Land they go.

Relax guys. This is a good problem to have.