News: CW: Jabril Cox, Isaiah Land, Houston among cut Cowboys signed by new teams

RonWashington

Reaction score
Houston could never climb out of the 5th 6th WR depth chart territory . Land looked good pre season but he was playing against alot of back ups on other teams . Maybe in Indy he gets playing time . Cox lost out to Harper pure and simple . Harper constantly seemed to make plays now I hope it translates into regular season PT .

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Cox probably knew that yes while the team did want to bring him back on the practice squad, they still probably weren't comfortable with his play to put him in a game that actually meant something. Better to move on for a fresh start somewhere else in a different system.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s a good sign when your guys are signing elsewhere. When they get cut and are all available for your PS, it just means you had a weak team to begin with.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t get all the rueing about Land. Sure it would have been nice to have him around for a year and see how he develops but he wasn’t one of the best 5 DEs so they had to let him go. There are players just like him available every year. If they need a DE next year then they can get a better one in the draft or find another UFA just like him. Almost all of these types never pan out. There’s a reason he wasn’t drafted. Where’s the DE from JMU a few years ago that people were upset when he got poached?

Big_D

Reaction score
so much for the “we over estimate our guys and there is no risk they sign elsewhere” crowd.
Two of the 3 went to practice squads and Land went to arguably the worst team in football and probably the dumbest on top of it.

Big_D

Reaction score
LOL,,, doesn't mean they are gonna be ALL Pros.....you people sure get ahead of yourself. I do think they screwed up with Land though. Needs development but that's why you have the PS. Cox and Houston will bounce around the league.
They tried to get him to the PS. How did they screw up?