Cyclone Hart Strikes Again

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
yimyammer;1903807 said:
Someone that sounded like Cyclone to me before and after the game was Marcus Spears.
No, I totally agree on Spears. He just doesn't have the heart or desire or whatever for football. That's always been the knock on him.

I wonder who was in love with drafting him?

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't like looking for people to blame. It just doesn't seem fair. For instance, an honest answer from Marcus Spears sounds like cowardice after a loss, but after a win it might have sounded like preparation and and a sense of importance. Besides, they weren't running on Spears much that I saw.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1903610 said:
Yawn.

Parcells was a worrier. He worried about everything, from injuries to too small a team to his QB being a celebrity. That doesn't mean the team is full of quitters. I don't believe that.

And besides, he's the one who assembled this team, as we were told a billion times when things were rosy, and he's the one who himself quit on this team only to take another job less than a year later.

Bingo!!! Parcells played scared all the time. His style was to play as if you were afraid to lose. He played "not-to-lose" rather than "to-win". He has ZERO room to talk about anyone quitting or lacking heart.

On a side note: one of the best fights I ever saw was a 15-round draw between Vito Antufermo and Marvin Hagler. Vito was the middleweight champ and Hagler was the challenger. Must have been around 1979 or 1980. I thought Hagler won but it was close and they called it a draw instead. Awesome back and forth fight though and neither guy gave an inch.

superpunk

Reaction score
THUMPER;1903950 said:
Bingo!!! Parcells played scared all the time. His style was to play as if you were afraid to lose. He played "not-to-lose" rather than "to-win". He has ZERO room to talk about anyone quitting or lacking heart.

So...did we play "to win" yesterday, Herm? I mean, they were down to their third corner at #1, same situation as Seattle last season, when we ran the ball effectively, didn't attack downfield, and lost in heartbreaking fashion. Were we playing "not to lose" yesterday, or does that ridiculous chestnut only apply when the New-Jersey Con Man is the coach?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
superpunk;1903747 said:
I'm all about perseverance.

But this thread isn't about blowing the team up, firing Wade Phillips, or cutting Roy, Tony, Jessica, and Rowdy. It's about the mentality of this team that makes them crap the bed every December for more than the past decade. That has to stop somehow - and I don't think it's going to stop just because we hope it will.

This mentality has permeated the team in the decade since Jimmy and his players departed. Coaches have changed since then; players have changed; schemes have changed; the talent has even improved; yet this soft, losers menality remains.

As I said last night, the only constant over this decade has been Jerry Jones, but I don't understand how he would be capable of imparting such an attitude to his team.

I'm just tired and sickened by all this. I'm rapidly losing faith in this front office.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;1903661 said:
Of course not. And they fooled me into thinking I was wrong about them...until December came again, and it was the same old Dallas Cowboys.

Maybe they didn't fold whenever things got tough - they overcame some big time adversity during the year. But they folded the second it really mattered - maybe that's a better way of putting it.

The frustrating thing is that there doesn't seem to be any explanation or solution. Kind of like a shooter who can't get his jumper to fall, or a golfer with the yips. There's nothing that can be done.

I feel the same way. I just have no definitive answer that I can come up with to even begin to find the cause. other than right now this team believes in stuff that doesnt matter, like the media and statistics.

I will still contend they did not play poorly in detroit or carolina, but it doesnt matter, if people say we played bad in december, that is fine.

It really is a bummer today and more than anything I think they lost the city yesterday.

The Dallas stars make the playoffs every year and every year they lose in the first round. Last year nobody hardly payed attention. I am afraid the same type of attitude will set in around here. If we have another good regular season and a home playoff game I bet alot of people here are going to say so what.

What a bummer.

superpunk

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1903992 said:
This mentality has permeated the team in the decade since Jimmy and his players departed. Coaches have changed since then; players have changed; schemes have changed; the talent has even improved; yet this soft, losers menality remains.

As I said last night, the only constant over this decade has been Jerry Jones, but I don't understand how he would be capable of imparting such an attitude to his team.

I'm just tired and sickened by all this. I'm rapidly losing faith in this front office.

I wish I could identify some part of the team to lose faith in. Did we really just draft too many "nice guys"? I see them talking sometimes, so can that be it? Can they not be inspired by senior citizen coaches? If I could figure it out, I'd lose faith awful quick, but there's no rational explanation for any of it.

theebs;1904006 said:
I feel the same way. I just have no definitive answer that I can come up with to even begin to find the cause. other than right now this team believes in stuff that doesnt matter, like the media and statistics.

I will still contend they did not play poorly in detroit or carolina, but it doesnt matter, if people say we played bad in december, that is fine.

Regardless of your definition of "played well", I think we can all agree that the team was different after we beat Green Bay. Something changed for the worse.

It really is a bummer today and more than anything I think they lost the city yesterday.

The Dallas stars make the playoffs every year and every year they lose in the first round. Last year nobody hardly payed attention. I am afraid the same type of attitude will set in around here. If we have another good regular season and a home playoff game I bet alot of people here are going to say so what.

What a bummer.

I don't think that can happen with football. But it might, you never know. They better get this fixed, hopefully before that new shrine opens up.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;1904006 said:

What a bummer.

I think they'll be a little like the Mavs this year. After a big postseason disappointment following a big regular season, they'll still be a good team, and it might even be better for then when the playoffs roll around. I think a year of not being treated like heroes around town before they've won anything might be better for them.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1904064 said:
I think they'll be a little like the Mavs this year. After a big postseason disappointment following a big regular season, they'll still be a good team, and it might even be better for then when the playoffs roll around. I think a year of not being treated like heroes around town before they've won anything might be better for them.

That would be great.

I just dont know how they ever stop treating them like heroes here. When the team is winning the media here is over the top, when they are losing it is over the top.

It will be an interesting year. Who knows what another runner and corner could do for this team, hopefully we will find out.

I know from the little I saw of the chargers game in the stadium, turner was running well. Maybe he could come here and be the 2 in the 1-2 punch!!!

anyway, today is a bummer but because none of us can figure out what happened or why it has a different feeling. there are no villains in this loss, there are no coaches to single out and there are no players to single out. Its just a weird thing.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theebs;1904006 said:

What a bummer.

Come on theebs. Lost the city? You and I both know that the Cowboys will always rule Dallas. Nobody cares aboout the Stars because they're a hockey team in Texas. We like them when they're winning Stanley Cups, but most of us have no idea what even the basic rules are in hockey. Life revolves around high school football in Texas.

Also, having fewer kool aid moustaches around here after an impressive October win isnt such a bad thing. Maybe it's time to shelve the annointing oil until someone actually does something around here when things matter.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
This is a very vexing thing for this franchise to now go 11 seasons without a playoff victory.

I don't have any answers other than shoring up our weak areas at CB, WR #2RB and another year of playoff experience

One of these years, perhaps even as soon as next this team is too talented to not get it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1904088 said:
Come on theebs. Lost the city? You and I both know that the Cowboys will always rule Dallas. Nobody cares aboout the Stars because they're a hockey team in Texas. We like them when they're winning Stanley Cups, but most of us have no idea what even the basic rules are in hockey. Life revolves around high school football in Texas.

Also, having fewer kool aid moustaches around here after an impressive October win isnt such a bad thing. Maybe it's time to shelve the annointing oil until someone actually does something around here when things matter.

I am all for the media backing off and have said that many times. Teams dont win anything in october, we all know that.

and yea obviously the cowboys are the focal point of this city, but I really do feel like alot of people are going to doubt them.

The guy in front of us yesterday got up after the ball sailed over craytons head on 3rd down and said, about romo "F... that guy, he *** us last year and he will F us next year"

I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I bet there are alot of people feeling that way. It is borderline ********, but fickle people are that way.

I think this loss coupled with the release of the rest of the new stadiums ticket prices and seat licenses will not be a good thing, and there is a chance jerry could be public enemy number 1 this spring. Especially if the mavs get hot and make a run again.

Me, I will never waiver, but I think there are alot in this city who will.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I've thought this team has suffered from a lack of leadership and fire for the last couple of years.

This team certainly doesn't have any Aikmans, Irvins, Haleys or Nortons in terms of leadership and passion.

A supposed team leader, Ellis, can't play due to injury until he gets more money (and I expect he'll have his hand out again this offseason). Bradie James is a paper tiger. Newman seems happy with his role as the team jester. Ware is a great player, but doesn't seem to show much in the way of leadership. Roy is too busy pointing fingers at others.

Offensively, Romo showed some fire yesterday and Barber leads with his play, but doesn't seem like a vocal leader.

The coaching staff seems way too laid back for my tastes.

I'd love to find some vet leadership in free agency, but I'm not sure there is much out there that actually fills a need.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Sounds like a good story except Cyclone Hart's career was over after that fight. He did get knocked out 5 yrs later in an ill-fated comeback, but most boxers come back for at least one final paycheck.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
theebs;1904445 said:
I am all for the media backing off and have said that many times. Teams dont win anything in october, we all know that.

and yea obviously the cowboys are the focal point of this city, but I really do feel like alot of people are going to doubt them.

The guy in front of us yesterday got up after the ball sailed over craytons head on 3rd down and said, about romo "F... that guy, he *** us last year and he will F us next year"

I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I bet there are alot of people feeling that way. It is borderline ********, but fickle people are that way.

I think this loss coupled with the release of the rest of the new stadiums ticket prices and seat licenses will not be a good thing, and there is a chance jerry could be public enemy number 1 this spring. Especially if the mavs get hot and make a run again.

Me, I will never waiver, but I think there are alot in this city who will.

That's every city.

The Cowboys sucked for years and still was able to get a $1 Billion stadium built in a new city.

The Cowboys will be back breaking TV Ratings next year.

If I had went to the game, I probably would have been cussing and yelling too.