D Coordinator???

ghst187

Reaction score
What happens with the DC?

I guess Rivera isn't coming...
Singletary?

Does Bowles become the "DC" in title with Phillips the DC in practice? ("Practice" as in how it plays out, not practice as in workouts)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm hoping for Singletary.. I think the 49ers already run a 3-4 so he would fit right in. This would give us 2 candidates for HC in a year or 2 if Wade fails.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rivera was only coming if Turner was coming in so the defense could have been seen as his. This is not going to be happening so it doesnt make sense for him to move from under one coaches shadow to another.

Unfortunately i think it may be bowles who the players like but couldnt seem to get them to accomplish anything.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
ghst187;1367193 said:
What happens with the DC?

I guess Rivera isn't coming...
Singletary?

Does Bowles become the "DC" in title with Phillips the DC in practice? ("Practice" as in how it plays out, not practice as in workouts)

I doubt very much that Rivera will be in Dallas now. I have a feeling that Bowles will be promoted to DC now. But the wildcard here is Mike S. From the reports, he made a great impression on Jerry,, so Jerry might do what it takes to bring him on board.

Woods

Reaction score
Clove;1367195 said:
I'm hoping for Singletary.. I think the 49ers already run a 3-4 so he would fit right in. This would give us 2 candidates for HC in a year or 2 if Wade fails.

I'd be curious if Wade would take a coach off Balt or Pitts staff?

But I do think that both JJ and BP think highly of Bowles. I don't know if Wade knows Bowles, however.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'd love to see Singletary brought in. I think WP is the professor of the 3-4 d as in X's and O's but he's also old and may not be as inspiring. Would be awesome I think to bring in Singletary, who could learn the X's and O's from WP, but also keep our defense HUNGRY and FIRED UP!
I really hope we pick up Singletary, if for no other reason, than to ensure our defense plays with some heart...for once.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
I'd have to imagine Ted Cottrell is at least in the mix. He's a 3-4 guy who was Phillips' DC in Buffalo and is currently out of work.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ghst187;1367226 said:
I'd love to see Singletary brought in. I think WP is the professor of the 3-4 d as in X's and O's but he's also old and may not be as inspiring. Would be awesome I think to bring in Singletary, who could learn the X's and O's from WP, but also keep our defense HUNGRY and FIRED UP!
I really hope we pick up Singletary, if for no other reason, than to ensure our defense plays with some heart...for once.
With Mike S and WP on board, all wussified players will be removed from the defense.

TonyS

Reaction score
Vikings hire Frazier as defensive coordinatorAssociated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Leslie Frazier, an assistant for the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts, was hired Thursday as the Minnesota Vikings' defensive coordinator.

Frazier, who was a special assistant to Colts coach Tony Dungy and also in charge of the team's defensive backs, couldn't interview for the position until this week because of the Super Bowl. Frazier, who was the Cincinnati Bengals' defensive coordinator for two years before joining Indianapolis this season, worked with Vikings coach Brad Childress when the two were on staff in Philadelphia. Frazier was defensive backs coach for the Eagles from 1999-2002.

He is the seventh defensive coordinator Minnesota has had over the last nine seasons. Mike Tomlin left after just one year to become the head coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Frazier played six seasons in the NFL, all with the Chicago Bears from 1981-86. His career ended after a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee suffered in the 1986 Super Bowl.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

JSP21

Redneck Daddy
Reaction score
I like the idea of Singletary, or even Bowles. Seems as if the guys like Bowles. But darnit, they better prove it on the field.

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
Clove;1367195 said:

with WP as HC, Singletary as DC would be incredible. No lack of motivation on that side of the ball, for sure!

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
NinePointOh;1367239 said:
I'd have to imagine Ted Cottrell is at least in the mix. He's a 3-4 guy who was Phillips' DC in Buffalo and is currently out of work.

Anybody have anymore info on this guy? He hasn't been running a bed and breakfast recently has he?