D - Day for the Skins Looms

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This Wednesday, March 1st, will be more like a typical June 1st, especially if no new collective bargaining agreement is reached by then.
The team most affected may be the Commanders, who could be forced to part with as many as 15 or even 20 players by Thursday.
For further details, click here... http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9269708 and scroll about 3/4 of the way down.

:laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taglibue will save his little pet Danny someway, somehow. At the midnight hour, just like a Governor calling to save the evil from death.
:laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The new CBA will bail them out to some degree. The cap is reportedly going up by at least 10 mil.

superpunk

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
The new CBA will bail them out to some degree. The cap is reportedly going up by at least 10 mil.

But, from the looks of that article, the CBA needs to be in place - today. Otherwise, they're screwed.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
superpunk said:
But, from the looks of that article, the CBA needs to be in place - today. Otherwise, they're screwed.
They will probably extend the deadline therefore saving the Skins :(

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
While no extension of the CBA would benefit Dallas and hurt the Skins, I'm too much in fear of non-capped NFL that I hope they get the thing extended. (and a non-capped year would still benefit Dallas).

I like the salary cap. It makes owners and coaches be smart. It forces them to put together good scouting departments. It forces them to make, good...tough decisions.

Without the cap, you'll see less of that and the teams that can throw the most money at their payroll will continually be winners in the NFL. That just doesn't seem as interesting.

Rich........

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
While no extension of the CBA would benefit Dallas and hurt the Skins, I'm too much in fear of non-capped NFL that I hope they get the thing extended. (and a non-capped year would still benefit Dallas).

I like the salary cap. It makes owners and coaches be smart. It forces them to put together good scouting departments. It forces them to make, good...tough decisions.

Without the cap, you'll see less of that and the teams that can throw the most money at their payroll will continually be winners in the NFL. That just doesn't seem as interesting.

Rich........

I like the cap but they need a rookie cap.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Rich........

Quite right Rich. The ironic thing may be that JJ is fighting to get this done, which may be saving danny boys hide.

Also I agree with Yeagars talk about a rookie cap.

trentmonster

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Rich........

Personally, I'd like to see the cap go. Imagine if Toyota or Nissan had to share revenues with Ford or GMC because of their fiscal wrongdoings! It's un-American! And besides, I wouldn't have to watch Pittsburgh win , or, umm, make that come out victorious in a Super Bowl ever again!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Taglibue will save his little pet Danny someway, somehow. At the midnight hour, just like a Governor calling to save the evil from death.
:laugh2:

He'll just charge their salary cap issues over to the Jets... ;)

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
trentmonster said:
Personally, I'd like to see the cap go. Imagine if Toyota or Nissan had to share revenues with Ford or GMC because of their fiscal wrongdoings! It's un-American! And besides, I wouldn't have to watch Pittsburgh win , or, umm, make that come out victorious in a Super Bowl ever again!

Not even close to being the same thing. Toyota or Nissan are entities unto themselves in an open free market, geared to bottom lines and boosting profits to satisfy shareholders, which would entail burying the competition.

Dallas, Wash, etc, operate under the guise of the NFL, competitors, yet partners. One can't thrive without the other, the NFL is only as strong as their weakest link.

Nissan can operate without GM, Dallas can't operate without Washington.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I hate the cap, I hate free agency, I hate the NFL- Tagliabue WILL bail them out- book it.

playit12

Reaction score
I believe the deadline is March 3rd and if teams are over the cap they have a week to get under it before sanctions... I'd be surprised if something doesn't get put together before March 10th.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I think this was written before people started reporting the extra 10mil jump that the cap could make.

So, I'd think this is going to help a lot of teams. But, as we've learned (Skins in 2000), that just adding players and telling them to fit your system doesn't always work.

I'd prefer just to add some blue collar depth guys, and a #2 WR.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I like the cap but they need a rookie cap.

Agree.

Someone on here posted it, if you drafted hte player, he only counts half of his regular cap number.

I think teams should be rewarded for finding a guy, grooming him, and allowing him to turn into a star.

I think it's rubbish that a team can find a steal late in the draft, give him the 3 year deal, and then when that's up, possibly not resign him.

It would allow players to make big money after they've proven themselves, but also allow their respective team to retain the player.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
I hate the salary cap, free agency, parity and all that other crap. Bring back the dynasties so the cowboys can reign supreme again. and everybody can just watch in envy.

Pokes28

Reaction score
There is a rookie cap.... well sorta.

There is a pool that the entire rookie group for a team can not surpass. With the various cap structure rules in place, it does force the figures to be certain sizes.

If you have free agency, you have to have a cap or you end up with baseball.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

see MLB...i cant imagine the NFL without a cap i think that intrigue of the moves that teams have to make is an intrical part to the success of the NFL...i think that if the cap goes, ratings will go down