D. Hall vs T. Owens

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
is everybodys favorite cb gonna "shutdown" T.O. like he did last year? :laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
If there is a more over rated CB in the NFL I have yet to hear about him. this guy gets toasted all the time.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
the think your right scarface, i think 100 + yards and 2 tds haha, but he was "shut down" haha deangelo is so full of him self

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
If Atlanta follows what other teams have been doing this year, we can expect to see their best corner on Glenn more than on Owens.

Did anyone catch Hall and Brookings on NFL Network talking up the 'prime time Saturday night' exposure. We gonna be in front of millions!

Whoopee!

It was also mentioned Vick is 7-0 in primetime.

Those guys seem to care more about the venue than the opponent.

superpunk

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1233811 said:
If Atlanta follows what other teams have been doing this year, we can expect to see their best corner on Glenn more than on Owens.

Did anyone catch Hall and Brookings on NFL Network talking up the 'prime time Saturday night' exposure. We gonna be in front of millions!

Whoopee!

Are you trying to tell me that Brookings isn't well-spoken?

joseephuss

Reaction score
T.O. did not score against Atlanta last season. I think the term "shut down" was a bit much, but Hall did a good job by keeping T.O. out of the end zone. When you can prevent the top receiving threat from getting points, that is doing a decent job. Yes, I think Hall is a bit over hyped, but he does have some skills.

I agree that Hall will probably face Glenn more, so they can double T.O.

burmafrd

Reaction score
When you get over 100 yds, you are not even REMOTELY shut down.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
superpunk;1233814 said:
Are you trying to tell me that Brookings isn't well-spoken?

Well, I've never been impressed by him in any interview I've seen him do. But I can't say there have been many.

This sound byte was simply "we're going big-time and we'll show them" stuff. Both Hall and Brookings sounded like tools - hicks in the big city for the first time - look ma, I'm playing DALLAS on Saturday night! Gush. Geeawh!

But there wasn't much chance to prove who is or isn't a Rhodes Scholar in this one.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
When you get over 100 yards the DB was totally owned! Man the DH man-crushers are even on this board!

Now it's "He kept him out of the endzone" so he did great. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Hopefully TO takes him to the shed AGAIN. An exact duplicate of last year is exactly what we need.

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

sjordan6

Reaction score
burmafrd;1233807 said:
If there is a more over rated CB in the NFL I have yet to hear about him. this guy gets toasted all the time.

All the time...I admit that I gave him his props at the beginning of the season and said that the injuries to his defensive line was the reason for his drop-off in play. But now I have to say that this guys is alot of talk and not enough action. He is getting beat and beat BAD!!

This is be a very good match-up but I see the Cowboys having a field day on these guys. Their is a reason why they are ranked 31st in the league and Hall is one of the main reasons.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

sjordan6

Reaction score
The Falcons have no chance and this should be a blowout. The Defense is very suspect. Dont worry guys, the Cowboys beat the falcons

:falcons::falcons::falcons::falcons:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
This is Hall's quote btw, from Foxsports site.

Impact: "They're going to have to put a gun to my head to keep me out of there," Hall said. "Prime-time games, I live for that. I live for the opportunity to play in front of the world and prove how good I am, prove I'm the best. One leg or no legs, I'm going to be out there." (Fri. Dec 15, 2006)

I suppose it's just another 'confidence' quote from a player whose job is making his living shutting down the best, and who, of course, has to feel he's up to the job.

But I just can't freakin stand the guy.:lmao2:

Archaen

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1233811 said:

Whoopee!

yeah ok

tyke1doe

Reaction score
the kid 05;1233809 said:
the think your right scarface, i think 100 + yards and 2 tds haha, but he was "shut down" haha deangelo is so full of him self

Are you referring to the Philly-Atlanta game last year. Because even though TO went over 100 yards, he didn't catch a TD pass if my recollectionis correct.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
sjordan6;1234197 said:
The Falcons have no chance and this should be a blowout. The Defense is very suspect. Dont worry guys, the Cowboys beat the falcons

:falcons::falcons::falcons::falcons:

Why is every team we play going to be a blowout? This is what makes losing a game so difficult when we think we should pulverize a team and they beat us.

Last Sunday night was to be a blowout and it was but in the wrong direction. I will be happy with a win and no key injuries.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1234213 said:
Are you referring to the Philly-Atlanta game last year. Because even though TO went over 100 yards, he didn't catch a TD pass if my recollectionis correct.

he didnt catch one, you are correct

but he was wide open twice for long tds and McFlabb missed him badly

David

burmafrd

Reaction score
To me shut down means like 2-3 passes for 30-40 yds. THAT is a shut down. 7 for 112 yds is a very good game for a WR. And the CB is toasted.