D. Hall vs T. Owens

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1234219 said:
What kind of injury is Hall coming off? Anyone know?

he pulled a jaw muscle from running that fat trap of his 1000 mph

David

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1233811 said:
If Atlanta follows what other teams have been doing this year, we can expect to see their best corner on Glenn more than on Owens.

Did anyone catch Hall and Brookings on NFL Network talking up the 'prime time Saturday night' exposure. We gonna be in front of millions!

Whoopee!

It was also mentioned Vick is 7-0 in primetime.

Those guys seem to care more about the venue than the opponent.

I'd like to see where they get Vick being 7-0 in primetime? I guess Monday night in N.O. wasn't on MNF in PRIMETIME?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;1234223 said:
I'd like to see where they get Vick being 7-0 in primetime? I guess Monday night in N.O. wasn't on MNF in PRIMETIME?

yeah but that wasnt Vick's fault, it was Knapp's fault

so it doesnt count as a primetime loss

David

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
dbair1967;1234221 said:
he pulled a jaw muscle from running that fat trap of his 1000 mph

David

Well that's a recurrent injury, I'm sure..I was hoping his recent problem was a little closer to the legs.

And that it limits his speed tomorrow nite.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;1234223 said:

I kid you not. Direct quote by one of their crew.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1234227 said:
Well that's a recurrent injury, I'm sure..I was hoping his recent problem was a little closer to the legs.

And that it limits his speed tomorrow nite.

how many wr's have run right by him this yr? I see it happen on a weekly basis

one even ran away from him with no shoe on

David

sjordan6

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1234219 said:
What kind of injury is Hall coming off? Anyone know?

He has a bruised knee and he actually hasnt practiced all week but of course is expected to play. That tells me he will not be 100% but it really doesnt matter because their corners are really awful.

For the record, I give the Saints alot of credit for an excellent game plan. They knew how to attack us and they knew our personel. We were outcoached and outplayed. But how often does a team have a threw insight on a team and win.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
sjordan6;1234235 said:
He has a bruised knee and he actually hasnt practiced all week but of course is expected to play. That tells me he will not be 100% but it really doesnt matter because their corners are really awful.

Thanks for the info.

For the record, I give the Saints alot of credit for an excellent game plan. They knew how to attack us and they knew our personel. We were outcoached and outplayed. But how often does a team have a threw insight on a team and win.

Agreed. Payton's game planning and calling was flat out masterful. As Woody mentioned this morning, he's pure 'attack' minded.

Whereas I just saw Bill say he has to stop his coaches from "going wild".

Sigh.

But this should be a win....both Atlanta runners are hurtin', and Milloy won't be putting up two great games in a row is my guess.

Johnny Abe on Tony worries me some, but my guess is TR rebounds nicely...with no discernable scaling down of the O coming from Bill.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sjordan6;1234235 said:

I would give them MORE credit for execution than the ACTUAL GAME PLAN (in this case)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Chuck Knox thinks Hall will cover Owens this week.

Justin (Minneapolis): How will Romo rebound this week? Do you see a big game from him?

Chuck Knox, Jr.: (12:22 PM ET ) Romo should have a good game. The Falcons are ranked 31st in the league in pass defense. Romo needs to get the ball to Witten and Glenn because Hall will shadow Owens.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Chuck Knox, Jr.: (12:22 PM ET ) Romo should have a good game. The Falcons are ranked 31st in the league in pass defense. Romo needs to get the ball to Witten and Glenn because Hall will shadow Owens. [/COLOR]

Doesn't make any diff if Owens is shadowed by their best corner.

He still needs to get fed and fed and fed the ball.:rolleyes:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1234329 said:
Doesn't make any diff if Owens is shadowed by their best corner.

I was just clearing up the misperception that teams always put their best corner on Glenn quoted in a previous post on this thread.

He still needs to get fed and fed and fed the ball.:rolleyes:

Didn't realize you were such a fan.

aikemirv

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1234243 said:
Thanks for the info.

Agreed. Payton's game planning and calling was flat out masterful. As Woody mentioned this morning, he's pure 'attack' minded.

Whereas I just saw Bill say he has to stop his coaches from "going wild".

Sigh.

But this should be a win....both Atlanta runners are hurtin', and Milloy won't be putting up two great games in a row is my guess.

Johnny Abe on Tony worries me some, but my guess is TR rebounds nicely...with no discernable scaling down of the O coming from Bill.

Payton did not attack UNTIL he had our defense totally off-balanced.

It is not that BP does not want to attack, it is the type of plays we are calling. No matter how well we play, we rarely have any defense off-balanced. We don't throw screens but maybe once a game even though they have been sucessful.

BP is a little old school, he would rather just outexecute you rather than outscheme you. Offensively and defensively!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1234355 said:
I was just clearing up the misperception that teams always put their best corner on Glenn quoted in a previous post on this thread.

Your TG bashing intent was clear.

Hater. :laugh1:

I doubt anyone said the best cb is "always" on Glenn, but by all means exaggerate to make your point.

But it is hilarious how when TG draws the shut down corner, or a team's most reasonable facsimile thereof, the cry is "yeah, but they only do that so they can roll the coverage over to TO".

And that the very (pre-game at that) mention of Hall on Owens becomes some sort of vindication of Owens superiority.

Didn't realize you were such a fan.

Of course...constant feeds are Owens due, are they not?:laugh1:

joseephuss

Reaction score
aikemirv;1234377 said:
Payton did not attack UNTIL he had our defense totally off-balanced.

It is not that BP does not want to attack, it is the type of plays we are calling. No matter how well we play, we rarely have any defense off-balanced. We don't throw screens but maybe once a game even though they have been sucessful.

BP is a little old school, he would rather just outexecute you rather than outscheme you. Offensively and defensively!

Just like Jimmy Johnson. The early 90s Cowboys ran very basic schemes on both sides of the ball and ran them well. The defense did not blitz that much. They basically waited until they had a lead and the other team had to pass to catch up. O if Dallas was trailing and absolutley needed to try something to change things up. On offense, there was nothing mysterious about the plays that the Cowboys ran. All very basic plays.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
T.O and Glenn both can and will torch Hall tomorrow night. Hall will be going for the int big play all night and get burned for long TD's

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1234388 said:
Your TG bashing intent was clear.

Hater. :laugh1:

I doubt anyone said the best cb is "always" on Glenn, but by all means exaggerate to make your point.

But it is hilarious how when TG draws the shut down corner, or a team's most reasonable facsimile thereof, the cry is "yeah, but they only do that so they can roll the coverage over to TO".

And that the very (pre-game at that) mention of Hall on Owens becomes some sort of vindication of Owens superiority.

LOL, you can look forever on this board and you will not find anywhere that I bash TG, ... I'm not one thats into bashing Cowboy players, but nice try.

"If Atlanta follows what other teams have been doing this year, we can expect to see their best corner on Glenn more than on Owens."

This is the quote I was talking about, so I guess "always" was a bit much, but if there was ever some sort of vindication of one WR's superiority over the other, that was it.

The whole pot/kettle thing came to mind when I read that.:laugh2:

I take up for Owens on this board, but I never talk one WR over any other.

Maybe you have me confused with another poster.