D.J. Moore VS Calvin Ridley

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I did a recent mock draft roundup, which you can find here. Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are bound to go top 11. Derwin James is trending way up and Vita Vea will be right there with him as well. If Dallas can’t trade up for either of those guys, you know who I want? D.J. Moore.

Let’s play the comparison game. If you take away the names and just watch his tape side-by-side with Calvin Ridley’s, I don’t know how you wouldn’t rather have D.J. Moore. Both are great route runners, both have great hands, both get separation, but Moore is a beast after the catch.

If you want to incorporate measurables, Moore comes out on top again.

Height - 6’0” VS 6’0”
Weight - 210 lbs VS 189 lbs
Arms - 31 5/8” VS 31 5/8”
Hands - 9 5/8” VS 9 1/8”
40 Time - 4.42 VS 4.43
Vertical Jump - 39.5” Vs 31”
Broad Jump - 11’0” VS 9’2”
Bench Press - 15 VS 15

Moore is bigger, stronger, faster, has better tape, is three years younger and is more of a dog too. I hope the Cowboys trade up for Derwin James, but I’d be more than happy with D.J. Moore at 19.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I did a recent mock draft roundup, which you can find here. Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are bound to go top 11. Derwin James is trending way up and Vita Vea will be right there with him as well. If Dallas can’t trade up for either of those guys, you know who I want? D.J. Moore.

Let’s play the comparison game. If you take away the names and just watch his tape side-by-side with Calvin Ridley’s, I don’t know how you wouldn’t rather have D.J. Moore. Both are great route runners, both have great hands, both get separation, but Moore is a beast after the catch.

If you want to incorporate measurables, Moore comes out on top again.

Height - 6’0” VS 6’0”
Weight - 210 lbs VS 189 lbs
Arms - 31 5/8” VS 31 5/8”
Hands - 9 5/8” VS 9 1/8”
40 Time - 4.42 VS 4.43
Vertical Jump - 39.5” Vs 31”
Broad Jump - 11’0” VS 9’2”
Bench Press - 15 VS 15

Moore is bigger, stronger, faster, has better tape, is three years younger and is more of a dog too. I hope the Cowboys trade up for Derwin James, but I’d be more than happy with D.J. Moore at 19.
Give it time. A couple days ago Moore was being talked about as a 2nd round player. Once the national media start hyping him up as 2nd best or possibly top WR, they will start to like him. Also many here have a 1st round defensive pet cat

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think we might be reaching a little based on the combine performance.

Ridley has been the clear #1 WR in the scouting community the entire draft process and he has the best tape in the class.

He is just really good at getting open.

A good combine from Moore might slide him up a bit but I still don't see him as better than Ridley.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Ridley has been the clear #1 WR in the scouting community the entire draft process and he has the best tape in the class.
He’s been the #1 receiver by default. I would be extremely dissapointed if we drafted him at 19. A few of us on here have been saying for months that Moore is the best receiver in the draft. I’d take his tape over anybody’s.

DFWJC

Reaction score
DJ Moore
I really like the player.
Cant wait to see how his NFL career unfolds.
But there are 3-4 guys in this firum that must getting paid by his agent:laugh:

Hey, he sure didn't hurt himself today.

He might go early...or he might be the 5th or 6th WR taken.

NO WAY I'd remotely consider him at 19.
Thats mind boggling
Yet, I do like the player

RandyOh

Reaction score
He’s been the #1 receiver by default. I would be extremely dissapointed if we drafted him at 19. A few of us on here have been saying for months that Moore is the best receiver in the draft. I’d take his tape over anybody’s.
Yup just like a couple years ago with Laquon Treadwell. He was the #1 WR by default. 4th WR taken in the draft.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Isaiah Wynn,G-Georgia.
What makes you so sure he last to our pick? Whats to keep Seattle from taking him at 18. They have a much bigger need for starting Oline and the 2 top OTs either killed their value or did nothing to help it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He’s #30 on Dane Brugler’s big board. Remove the QBs, RBs, TEs and & Hurst and that brings him up to #20. We pick 19.
I think he's closer to the 50 or 60 range on most boards.
But that'll chamge.

I do agree that he's a very intriguing player, and he checks the character boxes too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
What makes you so sure he last to our pick? Whats to keep Seattle from taking him at 18. They have a much bigger need for starting Oline and the 2 top OTs either killed their value or did nothing to help it.
I still think they take McGlinchey......because of his size,no one expected Orlando Brown to run well...agility was always gonna be a problem.But what he DOESN'T struggle at is blocking.They'll still consider him but McGlinchey is the best OT in the draft.If Seattle goes Wynn....then all bets are off....Rashaan Evans,Ronnie Harrison,Harold Landry,Will Hernandez or WR DJ Moore are all options.If Hurst gets a good check-up on his heart,dont rule him out either.
All things equal,Wynn at 19.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I still think they take McGlinchey......because of his size,no one expected Orlando Brown to run well...agility was always gonna be a problem.But what he DOESN'T struggle at is blocking.They'll still consider him but McGlinchey is the best OT in the draft.If Seattle goes Wynn....then all bets are off....Rashaan Evans,Ronnie Harrison,Harold Landry,Will Hernandez or WR DJ Moore are all options.If Hurst gets a good check-up on his heart,dont rule him out either.
All things equal,Wynn at 19.
I think everyone didn’t expect much from Brown in the combine but putting up some of the worst numbers in combine history and showing up that out of shape to the biggest interview of his career is a complete turn off. If MCGlinchey is the best OT like you say then Im not sure he even makes it to Seattle’s pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think everyone didn’t expect much from Brown in the combine but putting up some of the worst numbers in combine history and showing up that out of shape to the biggest interview of his career is a complete turn off. If MCGlinchey is the best OT like you say then Im not sure he even makes it to Seattle’s pick.
possible.
LONG way to go.
Price getting hurt,Hurst heart condition,Browns bad combine could push someone to 19.It'll be intersting to watch.

Tristan

Reaction score
Ive never seen man boobs fly around like that during a fourty yard dash, dude needs a bra

RandyOh

Reaction score
possible.
LONG way to go.
Price getting hurt,Hurst heart condition,Browns bad combine could push someone to 19.It'll be intersting to watch.
Really? I think those 3 stock dropping has the opposite effect on us. I think it makes even less likely Vea, Ro Smith, Edmunds, Or James make it to our pick. Increases the chances of Wynn, Hernandez, Ronnie Harrison getting drafted ahead of us as well

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put up a caution flag when falling love with WRs in any draft. The shorts and T-shirt olympics (combine) can be informative in many ways. But it doesn’t measure things like being able to get out of press coverage, which few receivers have to face in college, and it doesn’t really reveal much about the precision of their routes.

Plus it’s one thing to show speed and agility without pads but can you consistently catch the ball in pads with guys hanging on you and can you run precise routes that the QB is counting on you for? Guys like Jerry Rice and Michael Irving were not combine all star types- not great speed, but obviously great receivers.

I like the depth of the receivers draft and although I like DJ Moore, the Uber love on here for him is a bit over board IMO.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
DJ Moore is my guy.

Will have to see what the board looks like at 19 but absolutely love this player.