D.J Reader

Gremell12

Reaction score
This guy can be the 1 tech/ nose in this defense. Absolute WALL to stop the run.

Listed at 6’3 327 ( some places have him at 347) he is a dominant run defender that can push the pocket and his PFF grade (85.5) (7th DT overall) was actually higher than chris jones (no I wouldn’t take reader over Chris Jones)

Gremell12

Reaction score
Remember Mccarthy had some big interior presences with B.J Raji and Later on Kenny Clark. We need a monster at DT and let LVE + Jaylon run wild.

....OH AND HES 25 YEARS OLD. Him and dlaw doing the dirty work in the run game would not be fair.

I would rather sign him than draft a dt early. Dt market is filled so i get going cheap but i hope he won’t have monster offers due to that reason as well.

kskboys

Reaction score
This guy can be the 1 tech/ nose in this defense. Absolute WALL to stop the run.

Listed at 6’3 327 ( some places have him at 347) he is a dominant run defender that can push the pocket and his PFF grade (85.5) (7th DT overall) was actually higher than chris jones (no I wouldn’t take reader over Chris Jones)
That's a lot closer than most people realize.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Remember Mccarthy had some big interior presences with B.J Raji and Later on Kenny Clark. We need a monster at DT and let LVE + Jaylon run wild.

....OH AND HES 25 YEARS OLD. Him and dlaw doing the dirty work in the run game would not be fair.

I would rather sign him than draft a dt early. Dt market is filled so i get going cheap but i hope he won’t have monster offers due to that reason as well.
Jaylon already runs wild, his problem is he overruns the play or isn't where he should be. He got paid last year and he subsequently lost his edge. He needs to be a student of the game and focus on football.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Reader would be a great add if he would comand a decent check instead of outragoues one.
This would also makenit where we wouldnt need to focus ona DT in the draft. We could also look at Quintan jefferson a
To add aswell make the middle steong

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score

Reader's a guy that would cost a pretty penny (some estimate at least 12 mil/yr), but would be a serious difference-maker.
I'm all on board with either signing two good mid-tier guys at DT or going after a big fish like Reader.
Whatever is best for the team.

Gremell12

Reaction score
Jaylon already runs wild, his problem is he overruns the play or isn't where he should be. He got paid last year and he subsequently lost his edge. He needs to be a student of the game and focus on football.
Yeah but both of our backers don’t enjoy contact, LVE is built like something else and jaylon is super athletic ( as is LVE) but neither of them thrive with contact. As a coach your job is to have them thrive and that’s by freeing them up as much as possible. Instead of getting double teamed they know Reader is the priority.

You build your front 7 you don’t just stop at your middle 3.

he’s also the best compliment to Trysen Hill (if you still believe in him (i do btw)/Crawford/a resigned Collins/ IMAGINE RESIGNED ANTWUAN WOODS AND HIM VS THE NINERS???.)

Last edited:

Gremell12

Reaction score
Reader's a guy that would cost a pretty penny (some estimate at least 12 mil/yr), but would be a serious difference-maker.
I'm all on board with either signing two good mid-tier guys at DT or going after a big fish like Reader.
Agreed. This is a hope but this sunday/monday we will be able to tell what the market may be like.

Gremell12

Reaction score
Yeah but both of our backers don’t enjoy contact, LVE is built like something else and jaylon is super athletic ( as is LVE) but neither of them thrive with contact. As a coach your job is to have them thrive and that’s by freeing them up as much as possible. Instead of getting double teamed they know Reader is the priority.

You build your front 7 you don’t just stop at your middle 3.

he’s also the best compliment to Trysen Hill (if you still believe in him (i do btw)/Crawford/a resigned Collins/ IMAGINE RESIGNED ANTWUAN WOODS AND HIM VS THE NINERS???.)

*They aren’t great with Oline contact i should say*

ghst187

Reaction score

yep I want him....
I’d give up Crawford, Covington, and byron Jones and Quinn to get him...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I'm all for us getting Reader! That'd be a SMASHING signing!!! Do it Jerry!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

With how much cap space we have, we can handle that imo. And we need Reader.