D line really took a turn

CWR

Reaction score
Great job to McCarthy who really took an ignored position and transformed it. You realize the horrendous job they've been doing for years at DT, cause in 2 months it's night and day. A huge disservice to this D. Not saying they're great. I'm saying this situation is very different from the usual crap they been pedaling for a long time now.

It feels good, and at the same time its maddening to see how quickly an obvious problem should've been fixed.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would like to see a hit on a lower round Oline guy, maybe another safety, sign a secondary guy that is available still FA and we'll be OK. Worried about Center of course. You don't just replace a guy like Fredbeard, it will be a dropoff no matter who they get. More 3 step drops will be required.

Fred was not all that last season, he was clearly nowhere near his probowl self, which is why he retired. It’s not like we are trying to replace his 2016 version

Batman1980

Reaction score
After watching the Cowboys address the DT position with late picks and UDFA's for years, it seems like they have finally listened to the fans. I'm very surprised at the DT players now compared to just 2 months ago.

giphy-downsized.gif

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Great job to McCarthy who really took an ignored position and transformed it. You realize the horrendous job they've been doing for years at DT, cause in 2 months it's night and day. A huge disservice to this D. Not saying they're great. I'm saying this situation is very different from the usual crap they been pedaling for a long time now.
Yup, and there will be those that will still complain that we ignored the Safety position...
This is a great draft so far because we haven't reached, there were no safeties falling, if anything they were taken a bit early IMO like McKinney and Delpit.
Love the value of waiting and catching players that shouldn't have been there...
A plus rounds 1-3 so far IMO.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
After watching the Cowboys address the DT position with late picks and UDFA's for years, it seems like they have finally listened to the fans. I'm very surprised at the DT players now compared to just 2 months ago.
They aren't listening to fans. It's just a new coaching staff that has more similar views to what the fans have been wanting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bye bye Garrett and Marinelli.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
D Line is about rotations and here's what the Cowboys look like as of now:

First Unit:
Anchor: Demarcus Lawrence
3Tech: Gerald McCoy
1Tech: Dontari Poe
Rush: Tyrone Crawford (ehh)

Second Unit:
Anchor: Aldon Smith
3Tech: Trysten Hill (really Crawford here once new staff realizes Hill can't play)
1Tech: Neville Gallimore
Rush: Randy Gregory

Plus Dorance Armstrong, and I still like Jalen Jelks as a developmental Edge guy. I think Joe Jackson doesn't make it, and now Woods may not get a contract offer after the selection of Gallimore.

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

First Unit:

Second Unit:
3Tech: Trysten Hill (really Crawford here once new staff realizes Hill can't play)

Plus Dorance Armstrong, and I still like Jalen Jelks as a developmental Edge guy. I think Joe Jackson doesn't make it and now Woods may not get a contract offer after the selection of Gallimore.

Apparently McCarthy just said they envision Gallimore as a 3Tech so Trysten Hill is in serious, serious trouble.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

First Unit:

Second Unit:

Plus Dorance Armstrong, and I still like Jalen Jelks as a developmental Edge guy. I think Joe Jackson doesn't make it, and now Woods may not get a contract offer after the selection of Gallimore.

Why can't Joe Jackson make the team?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Interior of the line is completely rebuilt with promising depth. The days of finding guys off the street and hoping they can start are over.

3tech: McCoy, Gallimore, Crawford
1tech: Poe, Woods, Hill
LDE: Lawrence, Jackson, Crawford
RDE: Gregory, Smith, Armstrong

stiletto

Reaction score
Fred was not all that last season, he was clearly nowhere near his probowl self, which is why he retired. It’s not like we are trying to replace his 2016 version

Yeah most likely right. It wasn't like he helped us to the playoffs. We made it the year before when he was absent after-all. I guess it is just a bummer he is gone...think most ppl feel that way. Gotta move on though.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Glad they made changes for once but I don't have high hopes for the dline.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah most likely right. It wasn't like he helped us to the playoffs. We made it the year before when he was absent after-all. I guess it is just a bummer he is gone...think most ppl feel that way. Gotta move on though.

Definitely. He was amazing in his prime but that disease robbed him of his prime early unfortunately