D Mac. in 2008

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Stephen Jones, himself, looked at Jerry after the Cleveland trade and said "That could be McFadden". In no uncertain terms I would say he's the target for next year.;)

SS

:star:

BigDave95

Reaction score
The scary thing about McFadden is that he hasn't had a healthy season yet. He had a bum knee his freshman year and played through it. Then he dislocated his big toe right before his sophomore season (to the point that the bone broke through the skin). Despite the fact he was told to take a medical redshirt, he played anyway and put up those numbers.

Wait until you see what he can do when he's 100%.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point yes.

However people have to remember that we still have a WHOLE YEAR before the next draft.

Anything can happen between now and next draft.

Brady Quinn about this time last year was the unquestioned #1 overall draft pick going into the season. This time he falls to #22.

There have been similar stories of other players over the years whether due to injuries, team/individual play, legal issues coming up or other unforeseen situations.

rags747

Reaction score
We have to hope and pray that the Browns do not improve at all this year. I want DM. Has he been timed in the 40 at this point?

sago1

Reaction score
It also possible other RBs finally put it together and come on really strong. It's also possible a really good young sophomore meets all qualifications and decides to come out early to compete against McFadden. I just want the best player we can get who fills major need. It's probably McFadden but could also be a WR -- we shall see.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok guys, tell me more about this mcfadden kid, do you have some links to his bio and profile?

can he pass catch, and maybe block a little? all i know about him is that he is about 6-0, 210, with 4.35 in 40. would appreciate more links to his bio.

i would like the cowboys, whoever it is slaton, mcfadden, other running back for arkansas, to draft him with clevelands pick. What would be super, say clevelands pick is # 1 overall, and there are 2 top QBs, and the teams drafting right behind us, need a super QB, and those 2 teams have a super rb, so they dont need one, we trade down one spot or 2, pick up an extra 2nd, maybe a 3rd, dont get greedy, but at least get a high pick,

then we will have our # 1, clevelands # 1, our # 2, that teams # 2 we trade with, and our # 3, then we can go out, and get that super rb, that super wr, and possibly a top NT or S. Then with the extra # 2, and our # 3 we can draft best player available, we might be able to get 3 impact players, thats how u build super bowl teams, with impact players.

remember the cowboys early years in 70's, first they had roger staubach, a steal at lower pick, ed too tall jones, # 1 pick overall, randy white # 2 pick in 1st round, tony dorsett # 2 pick overall in 1st round, the cowboys were in superbowls 3 years through the late 70's and in playoffs more times. Thats how you build in the draft, look at patriots, then you pick up free agent players when they come available after you build nucleus of your team.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Mr. Jones is from Arkansas, and we heard what his son said.......JJ has one year on his contract.....Hog Heaven is the best RB in the draft.....I would say the Stars are lining up that way!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think he is as well, unfortunately I think the Browns go something like 7-9 and we can't get him.

YAKUZA

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
He might be some sort of freak but anyone hoping for McFadden at this point of the year is giving up all hope for JJ and MBIII which is pretty sad.

Why not hope that our current RB duo can get it done and take us to the Superbowl?

If this was the case, we could use our picks on a position we would actually need next year, a la WR (dont even turn this into a Manningham talk because there will be others availavble).

Stop giving up on our current roster and hope the new and improved line with a new staff can improve our running game.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
im not saying that, i think wade phillips can get us back into the playoffs with a new style defense, and we will be changing our offense just alittle, to surprise teams, but as you all know, JJ most likely will be or have his last year in dallas, reports are that the cowboys wont give him that super money,

i want to keep barber, with barber and mcfadden we can have a one two punch, just like they have at arkansas. I am not sure how far we can go in the playoffs, the team we will have to beat i think are the eagles and the Commanders, (yep i said Commanders, they had some unreal injuries last year- then remember they just came off of a playoff run 2 years ago) so their not too far off, granted they need a pass rusher, but landry will help them in secondary. I think the giants are going to fall this year, due to coughlin's problems and uncertainty, and if you look the players arent working out again in new york like their wr and te, so that hurts your timing, and strahan is getting older, more injury prone now.

so, whom we got to beat are the eagles and the Commanders, remember now they have a really good young QB, and he won some games at the end of they year, so dont take them for granted. I see eagles the main problem though, they have a darn good offensive line, just huge, (thats why i want walter thomas at NT to knock shawn andrews silly) and a good defensive line too. so we need to compete against them.

Reaction score
Julius will walk after next year and McFadden will get fitted for his Dallas uniform as soon as the 07 season is over.... Does that answer the question adequately?

:lmao:

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1481624 said:
I think he is as well, unfortunately I think the Browns go something like 7-9 and we can't get him.

YAKUZA

We still can get him. Bundle the two picks and something else and move up.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
smarta5150;1481625 said:
He might be some sort of freak but anyone hoping for McFadden at this point of the year is giving up all hope for JJ and MBIII which is pretty sad.

Why not hope that our current RB duo can get it done and take us to the Superbowl?

If this was the case, we could use our picks on a position we would actually need next year, a la WR (dont even turn this into a Manningham talk because there will be others availavble).

Stop giving up on our current roster and hope the new and improved line with a new staff can improve our running game.

No one is giving up on anything. When you have the potential to pickup the (possible) next LT, you take it. Period. JJ and MBIII are fine at what they do combined, no doubt about it. But, if you can find a guy that does what BOTH of them do together, it's a no brainer.

It's all speculation at this point, anyway.

SS

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
skinsscalper;1481850 said:
No one is giving up on anything. When you have the potential to pickup the (possible) next LT, you take it. Period. JJ and MBIII are fine at what they do combined, no doubt about it. But, if you can find a guy that does what BOTH of them do together, it's a no brainer.

It's all speculation at this point, anyway.

SS

I would personally rather have 2 proven running backs, which could be the case after this season, and the ability to draft a franchise OT, if needed, or a #1 WR for years to come, but thats just me I guess.

If we do go McFadden, it will probably cost both our 1st round picks leaving us short of a #1 WR or a backup OT replacing Flo (which could still workout depending on McQ and Free).